J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Silverdale, WA).

Interview

My interview was quite enjoyable. The manager asked me about my previous experience, what I hoped to get out of the job, etc. It was fun to talk about wanting to help customers. It was also good to know some of the basic values of the company before the interview. Afterwards, I was hired on and given a date to start my training!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Richmond, KY) in July 2013.

Interview

They asked basic interview questions like tell me about your last job and what you did, and tell me about your strengths and weaknesses. However, I think they now do group interviews where you are expected to interact with other applicants to see how you work in a group setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carolina, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Carolina, PR).

Interview

After filling out the online application I was called in for an interview. You're called in with several people and go in one by one--into the employee services area--to be interviewed. I recommend a smile and good eye-contact as well as paced answering (don't rush something out!). If they liked you, they'll call you again and tell you you've been accepted. They'll give you at least a week or two weeks to gather all your paperwork (bring originals AND copies, just in case! They're very important).

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview a week later. I had my interview today walked out with the job after 15 minutes. It was like chatting with an old friend.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was satisfied with what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward and very simple. They make you feel real comfortable. They tell you what the role is about and what it requires. They tell you about what to expect once you work the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years!   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2013.

Interview

Very quick and formative direct or temp to hire available.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

informative

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Simple. APPLY and they will call you for an interview and probably hire you on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Melbourne, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online on the JCP website within about a week I had a manager contact me to do a phone interview and when the phone interview was over she invited me to come in the next day for a face to face interview I got to the interview about twenty minutes early as I wasn't exactly sure where I was suppose to go I had an interview with the lady I did my phone interview with then she had another lady come in and ask me a few questions both ladies were extremely nice and made me feel very comfortable the questions were easy and mostly about customer service and was asked to describe myself, why I wanted to work at JCP and why they should hire me the main manager then explained to me that they were doing a lot of interviews that day and then have a meeting to make there decisions that evening and that she would contact me that evening either way I received a phone call from her a couple hours later offering me the position for a customer service associate and offered me $9.00/hr and that as soon as she got my background check back she would call me to set up my training she made sure i knew this is only a seasonal position and that there were no promises that I would get hired on as a permanent employee but if I did a really good job it was a possibility I was very excited considering two weeks before this interview I had an interview with Macy's and was not offered a position but that if I was I would be started off at minimum wage also I didn't get a very good vibe from the lady I had the interview with she actually seemed pretty snobby I'm very excited to hear back from her and start training I have always worked in retail but this will be my first department store job

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2012.

Interview

I was called for an interview professionally and attended, I did find one thing that was unprofessional about the interview. My interviewer asked my age, which I was told is illegal to ask during interview. But all in all I did receive a job offer and I took it.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2012.

Interview

Got an interview the day after applying online. Interview was short and laid back. Not many difficult questions if you've worked in retail before. Hired on the spot and was trained along with 5 other people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was hard to answer and the manager hired everyone they interviewed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.