J. C. Penney

2.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2013.

they didn't ask me any question just told me we are looking for a customer service reps .ask me about the availability and thats pretty much it.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied for the position in person and requested an interview with a manager right away. A supervisor was available to interview me right there and then and asked me general questions regarding my employment history, education, why I would like to work at J.C. Penney, and for how long. I was then contacted the next day for a second interview with another manager that asked me many of the same questions and what I would expect to make per hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a stressful situation with an employee.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

On-line screening when inputting application
    first interview by supervisor, second interview by reporting supervisor, final interview by ASM or SM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2012.

They called me in for an interview, went in the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2011.

The interview was actually really pleasant & went well. They offered me a Customer Service Associate position within a couple of days. I don't think they bothered to check my references & they claimed to have run a background check on me although it seemed very rushed & quick. I interviewed with a HR person, then two different department managers, then the store manager talked to me. Overall it was a very easy & pleasant interview experience. What they forgot to let me know was that it was a temporary job! I found that out in orientation!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle more than one customer in the check out line?   View Answer
    • How would you greet a customer?   View Answer
    I had a ton of experience with customer service in the secretarial field so they gave me a higher rate of pay but it's still not that much. Maybe it's good for retail!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2010.

At first I filled out an on-line application, Second I was contacted for an interview to be set up, Third I was interviewed by the department manager and supervisor. It was not an unpleasant experience. They welcomed me like family and I was given great training and I understood my job requirements well.

Interview Questions
    • How are your jobs similar, how can you apply what you do there to what you will do here?   View Answer
    They simply asked questions of my knowledge of how to treat people and help their situations. It was a personality test. They asked of my job that I was working at the same time, what I do there and how much I made. They matched my salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2009.

First, I applied by filling out my resume on the companies kiosk inside the department store. The very next I had received a call from the salon manager about a front desk position. In about a week, I had an one on one interview and with the manager. A week later I filled the position, The main concern was about handling a large volume of calls to the front desk.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle a large volume of phone calls?   View Answer
    There was no opportunity to negotiate for wages, they offered the position and I accepted. I believe most people coming in on an entry level position starts at 8.25 plus commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2009.

two interviews one with supervisor and another with manager

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2008.

My interview was not typical. The individual intervewing me mistook me for a relative of a manager with the same name and promptly offered the job.

I am over qualified for the job and do a great job.