J. C. Penney

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – I applied online and a week later I already got a phone call for my first Interview. Went really good even I had no experience in Retail but it was ok with them because the Manager said we will train our people before we put them out on the Sale floor or on the Register. Two weeks later I had the Job.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected Question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They let me know how much i will start with and i agreed with it, but when I saw my first paycheck I saw the paid me more.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2009.

Interview Details – First was a online application that I was able to do at home on my computer. I received a phone interview. From that interview I was asked to come in and see a superviser for a face to face interview. I was hired at that interview. Then they did the background check for security. About a week later I started and went through the training needed to do my job.

Interview Question – Would I be available to work all shifts?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online using basic resume information. Company preferred no direct resume delivery in person. Was notified by phone to set up interview date and time. Was asked about my availability and told about the needs of the store regarding hours they needed to have filled. Was not promised more than a minimum of 10-15 hours a week.

Negotiation Details – I left after being with the company previously for five years, and having made $9.33 an hour, but was told I could be promised only $9.00 to start with no mention of a raise at that time.

Customer Service Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – Nothing special about the interview. They ask the same questions any other retail store askes

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i had experience so they gave me 9.50

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. C. Penney

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney Customer Service Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees and interview candidates.