J. C. Penney Customer Service Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Riverside, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL

I applied online - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2011.

The interviewers were very well prepared. They took turns speaking and asking questions. They made me feel welcome and asked for my comments. Usually when they ask if I have any questions, I never do only because I never know what to ask. Especially when they cover all of the pertinent information when they tell about the job.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview lasted about 45mins.First round was with a group of people, we had to read (each paper had different prop) and work together in order to choose a well structure proposition. Second round is the scenario test, the manager will take you to a section and pretend to be customer and you have to show off your customer service skills.

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online and a week later I already got a phone call for my first Interview. Went really good even I had no experience in Retail but it was ok with them because the Manager said we will train our people before we put them out on the Sale floor or on the Register. Two weeks later I had the Job.

Interview Questions
    They let me know how much i will start with and i agreed with it, but when I saw my first paycheck I saw the paid me more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2009.

First was a online application that I was able to do at home on my computer. I received a phone interview. From that interview I was asked to come in and see a superviser for a face to face interview. I was hired at that interview. Then they did the background check for security. About a week later I started and went through the training needed to do my job.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be available to work all shifts?   View Answer

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2011.

Applied online using basic resume information. Company preferred no direct resume delivery in person. Was notified by phone to set up interview date and time. Was asked about my availability and told about the needs of the store regarding hours they needed to have filled. Was not promised more than a minimum of 10-15 hours a week.

I left after being with the company previously for five years, and having made $9.33 an hour, but was told I could be promised only $9.00 to start with no mention of a raise at that time.

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Nothing special about the interview. They ask the same questions any other retail store askes

i had experience so they gave me 9.50

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!