J. C. Penney

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

it was a group interview. They had you build something and you only had a minute to do so, each person had a turn to explain to the group how to build it and when It was your turn you could not touch it. After this they gave each of us a department and we had to come up with a idea to better the department then pitch it to the interviewers. This is as far as I got in the process, there were four of us, only two of them proceeded to the next step.

Interview Questions
  • They asked when J.C penny was founded and what J.C stood for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview lasted about 45mins.First round was with a group of people, we had to read (each paper had different prop) and work together in order to choose a well structure proposition. Second round is the scenario test, the manager will take you to a section and pretend to be customer and you have to show off your customer service skills.

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online and a week later I already got a phone call for my first Interview. Went really good even I had no experience in Retail but it was ok with them because the Manager said we will train our people before we put them out on the Sale floor or on the Register. Two weeks later I had the Job.

Interview Questions
    They let me know how much i will start with and i agreed with it, but when I saw my first paycheck I saw the paid me more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2011.

The interviewers were very well prepared. They took turns speaking and asking questions. They made me feel welcome and asked for my comments. Usually when they ask if I have any questions, I never do only because I never know what to ask. Especially when they cover all of the pertinent information when they tell about the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2010.

This was my second job I had. I applied online because of the holidays coming up, I wanted to get extra cash for presents. I got a call back within a week for an interview. I got interviewed by a man. He looked nice and friendly, so that made me feel less nervous. But he asked me a lot of questions from my resume. That made me a bit nervous. The interview took 10 minutes. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life. He told me I got the job but he was very mean about it. He said, "I don't know," Pause... "but i'll give you the job," so I got it. But I knew he didn't like me because my other friend got hired during the same time we applied and she got hired once she walked in because she was smiling?? I was smiling too because we were nervous. But oh well at least I made money for the holidays and got experience as a cashier, which was a plus!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do If theirs an angry customer?   View Answer
    Not really. I had no experience with customer service so I got the minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2009.

First was a online application that I was able to do at home on my computer. I received a phone interview. From that interview I was asked to come in and see a superviser for a face to face interview. I was hired at that interview. Then they did the background check for security. About a week later I started and went through the training needed to do my job.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be available to work all shifts?   View Answer

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Nothing special about the interview. They ask the same questions any other retail store askes

i had experience so they gave me 9.50

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2011.

Applied online using basic resume information. Company preferred no direct resume delivery in person. Was notified by phone to set up interview date and time. Was asked about my availability and told about the needs of the store regarding hours they needed to have filled. Was not promised more than a minimum of 10-15 hours a week.

I left after being with the company previously for five years, and having made $9.33 an hour, but was told I could be promised only $9.00 to start with no mention of a raise at that time.