J. C. Penney

2.7

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Labor Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online to this position and was contacted by an in-house recruiter within days after. She phone screened me. I was then asked to drive to a center to take a 2 hour exam for candidate fit. I was then screened by a superior who did a second phone interview, which was more involved. Once they got my test scores back, they booked my flight for an in-person interview at world headquarters. The interview was very long, all day. I met with at least 2 Vice Presidents, 3 people under them and then 3 people at their warehouse. It was a VERY tiring interview, but most of the people there were really nice. I only ran into 1 rude person, and unfortunately she ran recruitment for HR for JC Penney. It was my one bad interview out of 8 or 9, and she made the final decision, so that was that. I was warned in advance by the recruiter that she could be exceptionally difficult, and the recruiter was right. She asked excessively difficult questions to make you feel meek and inferior. It was unfortunate, but everyone else was honestly great. I would still say that this would be a great place to work for.

PA Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2014.

The first step was an HR phone interview. The second step was a phone interview with 4 Managers, 2 half an hour interviews. The third step was an office interview with 4 Directors, 2 half an hour interviews and a group case study.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

The supervisor was so kind & friendly it makes you want to work for her. It was a group interview which I was a little surprised by and no one got the position we all originally applied for we were offered other positions nor were we told it was part-time until the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2014.

phone interview was the first step and then if they liked you they would be calling you in to have another two phone interview. last step is a small case study

Interview Questions
    • Will ask you if you have any questions before you start   Answer Question

Business Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2014.

First step was a phone interview with the recruiter, second step was 2 30-minute phone interviews with 2 executives on each call, third step is a home office tour and then the home office interview. The home office interview consists of 2 30-minute face-to-face interviews, followed by a group case study project with up to five executives sitting in on the process. They were very quick in letting you know ASAP that you made it through to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Have you manipulated data to solve problems, 2) Describe a situation when you came up with a solution to a problem but it didn't work out so you had to come up with another solution, 3) Have you ever taken a leadership role in your classes, doing something that wasn't required of you   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2014.

First HR, then Skype Interview then in person interview

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2014.

Contacted by internal JCP recruiters for the position via LinkedIn, proceeded with telephone interview. In person interview was conducted at the Corporate Office over lunch in JCP private dining room. Additional interviews conducted in department meeting room. Total interview time around 2hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Was why I was looking to leave my current company.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I did a phone interview for the Business Analyst Trainee position. The interviewing process consists of 3 phases: 1) phone interview, 2) two 30-minute interviews with members of merchandising(?) team, 3) on-site interview at home office. In the phone interview, she began by asking up front if I had any questions about the position or anything. Then she asked questions like- Why you applied/interested in the position? What experience in excel you have? Explain how number manipulation works in excel (like formulas)? Explain product allocation and how it works? Explain how profit and loss work? (I saw this one on reviews but didn't think much of it, so make sure you have a way of answering that). Overall, she was very pleasant and friendly. My scheduled phone interview was at 10:00 am, and she didn't call until about 10:30, so I was kind of caught off guard because I didn't think she was going to call! Not a difficult interview, but not the typical screening/basic background type one either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2013.

Uploaded resume via university career center & was emailed the same day from JCP recruiter. Had a basic phone screen. After passing that, went on to two 30 minute phone interviews with JCP employees in allocation. After that was flown out to Dallas to Headquarters for two days of final round interviews. First day was a tour, Q&A panel, and mingling hour. Second day was 2 live 30 minute interviews followed by an hour long group case study interview & presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to solve a problem twice? Talk about a time when a process you created was ineffective?   View Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I was initially interviewed as a contractor and didn't have an interview since then. The interview was extremely simple: One interview, a few questions, hired on the spot.

My contracting agency negotiated everything for me. I didn't really have to do any of that with JCPenney myself.