J. C. Penney

Relevance Date Difficulty

UI Developer Interview

UI Developer
Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed as a contractor and didn't have an interview since then. The interview was extremely simple: One interview, a few questions, hired on the spot.

Negotiation Details – My contracting agency negotiated everything for me. I didn't really have to do any of that with JCPenney myself.

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
McKinney, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was very nervous since this was my first job interview ever! However, Mr. Paul Tressler, the store manager, put me at ease immediately with a soft, kind voice and a smile.

Interview Question – I don't recall anything difficult at all about the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered and accepted minimum wage.

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing
Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and three weeks later received a call from corporate recuriter. Called in for followup interviews at corporate office. Interviewed with all decision makers on same day. Process was well defined and interviews when smoothly.

Interview Question – Question from HR manager regarding the type of manager I wanted to work for was unexpected. It felt to me as though they were working to model managers with new or different managers going forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase went as expected with no material hurdles to over come. Benefits and salary were in line with the skill sets required and also within industry guide lines

Support Specialist Interview

Support Specialist
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2013.

Interview Details – I just had a group interview on Tuesday and was told I will receive a call Friday. Now I have a second interview hoping I will get the job! :)

Interview Question – Very interesting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the second interview, I'm still waiting what the results will be.

Loss Prevention Investigator Interview

Loss Prevention Investigator
DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted three applications via the JCP website for other positions but never received a response. I applied to this position via lpjobs.com and received a phone interview 3 days later with the LP Manager. I had an in-person interview with that same manager two weeks later and then a phone interview with a manager at the corporate office one week after that.

JCPenney uses the behavioral interview centering around specific situations a person has been in, what actions the person took, and the results of the actions. This takes a lot of self-awareness and I recommend conducting an interview of the many types of environments you've been in and what you did to make it better.

Interview Question – All of the questions start with "Tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Technical Design Specialist Interview

Technical Design Specialist
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2009.

Interview Details – assistant to manager asked if I would be interested in the position. I sais yes. Next day I went in and met the head of the department. He asked several questions about my abilities and skills. Department head made an offer. I accepted.

Negotiation Details – straight forward
made offer
accepted

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Plano, TX

I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was relatively easy. I met the whole team, including my supervisor, his boss, 5, other team members and HR. There were some general questions, and special questions about retail and analysis methodologies. A few questions were about programming. They were surprised to learn how much more I knew.

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Senior Human Resources Manager
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2009.

Interview Details – series of interviewers, screening, recruiter, then hiring manager and panel.

Interview Question – varies, but could be a situational question about insubordination, or business building and expect numbers in the process.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have 50 or more situational interview questions ready.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process took over 6 months and at the end they decided on me but funding got pulled. I interviewed 4 times and also did two projects.

Interview Question – What are your worse qualities?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Plano, TX

I applied online - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a lady and she asked the following questions:
Give an example when you worked in a group and why it was better to work in that group rather than by yourself?
An example, when you used different variables to make a decision?
2 reasons you wanna work for JC Penney?
Have you been to a JC Penney store recently?
Example of an excel project you worked on?

Interview Question – Describe profit and loss? Thought it was a funny question.   View Answer