J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.7

Merchandise Planner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

• Created, managed and communicated merchandise plans and roll-ups for 7 subdivisions in collaboration with the buying team that support the financial objectives of the company’s LRP
    • Managed and maintained OTB for 7 subdivisions both new and existing
    • Led weekly OTB meetings and communicated state of business while making recommendations on go forward weeks for in-season forecasts
    • Worked closely with leadership to develop and execute realistic and achievable pre-season sales and profit plans
    • Gave support to allocation and replenishment partners regarding inventory levels, shipping lead times, optimal distribution based on seasonality and pack sizes through constant formal and informal communication

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

First HR, then Skype Interview then in person interview

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by internal JCP recruiters for the position via LinkedIn, proceeded with telephone interview. In person interview was conducted at the Corporate Office over lunch in JCP private dining room. Additional interviews conducted in department meeting room. Total interview time around 2hrs.

Interview Questions

• Was why I was looking to leave my current company.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX).

Interview

I did a phone interview for the Business Analyst Trainee position. The interviewing process consists of 3 phases: 1) phone interview, 2) two 30-minute interviews with members of merchandising(?) team, 3) on-site interview at home office. In the phone interview, she began by asking up front if I had any questions about the position or anything. Then she asked questions like- Why you applied/interested in the position? What experience in excel you have? Explain how number manipulation works in excel (like formulas)? Explain product allocation and how it works? Explain how profit and loss work? (I saw this one on reviews but didn't think much of it, so make sure you have a way of answering that). Overall, she was very pleasant and friendly. My scheduled phone interview was at 10:00 am, and she didn't call until about 10:30, so I was kind of caught off guard because I didn't think she was going to call! Not a difficult interview, but not the typical screening/basic background type one either.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Uploaded resume via university career center & was emailed the same day from JCP recruiter. Had a basic phone screen. After passing that, went on to two 30 minute phone interviews with JCP employees in allocation. After that was flown out to Dallas to Headquarters for two days of final round interviews. First day was a tour, Q&A panel, and mingling hour. Second day was 2 live 30 minute interviews followed by an hour long group case study interview & presentation.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to solve a problem twice? Talk about a time when a process you created was ineffective?   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX).

Interview

I was initially interviewed as a contractor and didn't have an interview since then. The interview was extremely simple: One interview, a few questions, hired on the spot.

Negotiation

My contracting agency negotiated everything for me. I didn't really have to do any of that with JCPenney myself.

Loss Prevention Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (DFW, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I submitted three applications via the JCP website for other positions but never received a response. I applied to this position via lpjobs.com and received a phone interview 3 days later with the LP Manager. I had an in-person interview with that same manager two weeks later and then a phone interview with a manager at the corporate office one week after that.

JCPenney uses the behavioral interview centering around specific situations a person has been in, what actions the person took, and the results of the actions. This takes a lot of self-awareness and I recommend conducting an interview of the many types of environments you've been in and what you did to make it better.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions start with "Tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and three weeks later received a call from corporate recuriter. Called in for followup interviews at corporate office. Interviewed with all decision makers on same day. Process was well defined and interviews when smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Question from HR manager regarding the type of manager I wanted to work for was unexpected. It felt to me as though they were working to model managers with new or different managers going forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase went as expected with no material hurdles to over come. Benefits and salary were in line with the skill sets required and also within industry guide lines

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I just had a group interview on Tuesday and was told I will receive a call Friday. Now I have a second interview hoping I will get the job! :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the second interview, I'm still waiting what the results will be.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

There are three interviews. They will ask basic and common interview questions. Dress nice, be polite, don't give stupid answers and you'll get the job.