J. C. Penney

Relevance Date Difficulty

Decorator Consultant Interview

Decorator Consultant
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2009.

Interview Details – A telephone interview was conducted in the late afternoon, and I was told to meet face-to-face the next afternoon. I was told I had the job but had to take a mathematics/ spatial reasoning test. I was told it was merely a formality. I scored well anyway and began in a week.

Interview Questions

• What was the grade you received in your Technical Writing course?   Answer Question
  • What is your greatest fault as an employee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation -- their terms were set nationwide. We had to get the majority of our pay from commissions. Everyone had training pay of $10/hour (though a met a guy from Manhattan during training that received $12/hr.).

Decorating Consultant Interview

Decorating Consultant
Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2009.

Interview Details – Job was listed in the local paper and on the web. Applied on-line summitted resume was contacted by the sales manager for the area. She explained a little about the job and asked if I was still interested. We set up and interview the next time she was in town. I arrived on time had to wait she was running late. Did face to face, took a skills test that included lots of math and evaluation of personality.

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money

Decorator Consultant Interview

Decorator Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview so far, and I am going back on friday to take a math test and a decorating test. I would like to know what kind of questions will be on the math test.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!