J. C. Penney Decorator Consultant Interview Questions

2.3

Decorator Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2009.

Interview

A telephone interview was conducted in the late afternoon, and I was told to meet face-to-face the next afternoon. I was told I had the job but had to take a mathematics/ spatial reasoning test. I was told it was merely a formality. I scored well anyway and began in a week.

Interview Questions

• What was the grade you received in your Technical Writing course?   Answer Question
  • What is your greatest fault as an employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation -- their terms were set nationwide. We had to get the majority of our pay from commissions. Everyone had training pay of $10/hour (though a met a guy from Manhattan during training that received $12/hr.).

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Decorating Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbia, SC) in April 2009.

Interview

Job was listed in the local paper and on the web. Applied on-line summitted resume was contacted by the sales manager for the area. She explained a little about the job and asked if I was still interested. We set up and interview the next time she was in town. I arrived on time had to wait she was running late. Did face to face, took a skills test that included lots of math and evaluation of personality.

Interview Questions

Not enough money

Decorator Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2011.

Interview

I had one interview so far, and I am going back on friday to take a math test and a decorating test. I would like to know what kind of questions will be on the math test.