Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at J. C. Penney
- Sales Associate (227)
- Customer Service Associate (65)
- Customer Service Specialist (48)
- Support Specialist (29)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (27)
- Retail Sales Associate (21)
- Customer Service Sales Associate (17)
- Service Specialist (16)
- Sales Specialist (16)
- Customer Service Representative (14)
- Replenishment Associate (14)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Department Supervisor (9)
- Visual Specialist (9)
- JC Penney Cashier (9)
- Associate (8)
- Cashier (8)
- Loss Prevention Officer (8)
- Visual Merchandiser (7)
- Sales Support/Replenishment (7)
- Sales Manager (7)
- Supply Chain Trainee (6)
- Sephora Product Consultant (6)
- Sales Manager Trainee (5)
- Jewelry Associate (5)
- Intern (5)
- Sales Support (5)
- Sales Support Associate (4)
- Assistant Store Manager (4)
- Pricing Team Associate (4)
Decorator Consultant Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 days – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2009.
A telephone interview was conducted in the late afternoon, and I was told to meet face-to-face the next afternoon. I was told I had the job but had to take a mathematics/ spatial reasoning test. I was told it was merely a formality. I scored well anyway and began in a week.
There was no negotiation -- their terms were set nationwide. We had to get the majority of our pay from commissions. Everyone had training pay of $10/hour (though a met a guy from Manhattan during training that received $12/hr.).
Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney
Decorating Consultant InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbia, SC) in April 2009.
Job was listed in the local paper and on the web. Applied on-line summitted resume was contacted by the sales manager for the area. She explained a little about the job and asked if I was still interested. We set up and interview the next time she was in town. I arrived on time had to wait she was running late. Did face to face, took a skills test that included lots of math and evaluation of personality.
- How do you handle a difficult customer? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Not enough money
Decorator Consultant InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2011.
I had one interview so far, and I am going back on friday to take a math test and a decorating test. I would like to know what kind of questions will be on the math test.