J. C. Penney Decorator Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Decorator Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2009.

A telephone interview was conducted in the late afternoon, and I was told to meet face-to-face the next afternoon. I was told I had the job but had to take a mathematics/ spatial reasoning test. I was told it was merely a formality. I scored well anyway and began in a week.

Interview Questions
  • What was the grade you received in your Technical Writing course?   Answer Question
  • What is your greatest fault as an employee?   View Answer
There was no negotiation -- their terms were set nationwide. We had to get the majority of our pay from commissions. Everyone had training pay of $10/hour (though a met a guy from Manhattan during training that received $12/hr.).

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Decorating Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2009.

Job was listed in the local paper and on the web. Applied on-line summitted resume was contacted by the sales manager for the area. She explained a little about the job and asked if I was still interested. We set up and interview the next time she was in town. I arrived on time had to wait she was running late. Did face to face, took a skills test that included lots of math and evaluation of personality.

Interview Questions

Not enough money

Decorator Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2011.

I had one interview so far, and I am going back on friday to take a math test and a decorating test. I would like to know what kind of questions will be on the math test.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!