J. C. Penney

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – Hired by the Store Manger at Oakview. #3 interviews and background check to fill Fine Jewelry Supervisor in March 2005. Hired discretely by Store Manager to clean start the Dept. Agreement was 18.00 hourly.

Interview Question – Who would you fire?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After the background check, we met and she asked me to write a figure on a piece of paper. She also wrote a figure and we exchanged papers, The figures were the same. It was her final test.

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, I applied on line. Within a few days, I received a call from the Human Resources Director and she interviewed me a little bit over the phone. An interview date and time was selected and I first interviewed with her. A day or two later, I interviewed with the manager of the fine jewelry department. Finally, I interviewed with the store manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about your knowledge of diamonds and gemstones   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you plan to apply for a commissioned position and you have previous experience, take proof of your sales statistics from your previous job. It may help you get a higher base pay rate.

Very Easy Interview

Fine Jewelry Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2011.

Interview Details – I googled interviewing questions. I copied them and I wrote down my answers to the questions. Then I memorized the answers. I was interviewed by a Man and a Woman @ the same time. And they asked me every question that I studied for so I basically aced the interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – They only pay 7.50 an hour and you get 1% of sales.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. C. Penney

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney Fine Jewelry Specialist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees and interview candidates.