Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at J. C. Penney
- Sales Associate (227)
- Customer Service Associate (63)
- Customer Service Specialist (47)
- Support Specialist (29)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (27)
- Retail Sales Associate (19)
- Customer Service Sales Associate (17)
- Service Specialist (16)
- Sales Specialist (16)
- Customer Service Representative (14)
- Replenishment Associate (14)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Department Supervisor (9)
- Visual Specialist (9)
- JC Penney Cashier (9)
- Associate (8)
- Cashier (8)
- Loss Prevention Officer (8)
- Visual Merchandiser (7)
- Sales Support/Replenishment (7)
- Sales Manager (7)
- Supply Chain Trainee (6)
- Sephora Product Consultant (6)
- Sales Manager Trainee (5)
- Jewelry Associate (5)
- Intern (5)
- Sales Support (5)
- Sales Support Associate (4)
- Assistant Store Manager (4)
- Pricing Team Associate (4)
Fine Jewelry Specialist Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Omaha, NE).
Hired by the Store Manger at Oakview. #3 interviews and background check to fill Fine Jewelry Supervisor in March 2005. Hired discretely by Store Manager to clean start the Dept. Agreement was 18.00 hourly.
- Who would you fire? 1 Answer
After the background check, we met and she asked me to write a figure on a piece of paper. She also wrote a figure and we exchanged papers, The figures were the same. It was her final test.
Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney
Fine Jewelry Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tucson, AZ) in May 2011.
Initially, I applied on line. Within a few days, I received a call from the Human Resources Director and she interviewed me a little bit over the phone. An interview date and time was selected and I first interviewed with her. A day or two later, I interviewed with the manager of the fine jewelry department. Finally, I interviewed with the store manager.
- Tell me about your knowledge of diamonds and gemstones Answer Question
If you plan to apply for a commissioned position and you have previous experience, take proof of your sales statistics from your previous job. It may help you get a higher base pay rate.
Fine Jewelry Specialist InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2011.
I googled interviewing questions. I copied them and I wrote down my answers to the questions. Then I memorized the answers. I was interviewed by a Man and a Woman @ the same time. And they asked me every question that I studied for so I basically aced the interview.
Reasons for Declining
They only pay 7.50 an hour and you get 1% of sales.