J. C. Penney

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2013.

Interview Details – Firstly, I put up the application online and took the questionaire which is about 50. After 3 days, I gave them a call just to draw their attention to my application. the lady i spoke with said they would review qualified apps and call for interview. I was contacted the next day to come for a group interview 2 days later. I got to the interview exactly 15mins early and we was directed to the interviewing room. the questions was very very easy and basic. Just make sure you stand out from the rest of the candidates, answer all the questions, even if you dont have to. they called me back two days later that i got the job.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a little more than i earned at my former job, but i negotiated for 50cents more, it was declined. i like jcp, so i accepted the offer anyways.

Visual Specialist Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online on JCP.com then the next day I received a phone call about both positions I applied for.
When I arrived it was a group interview with everyone for seasonal and for permanent positions.
You wore asked various questions and were told to raise your hand to answer questions the talent specialist wrote down various notes .
You were told to make sure your name and phone numbers were correct and that you may and may not receive a call back.

Interview Question – Why did you chose Jc Penneys?
What do you expect from customer service?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have not received a offer but, offered a second interview.

JC Penney Cashier Interview

JC Penney Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call two days after I applied and had an interview with in the week. Very simple interview, only a few questions.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question. Very basic, like have you worked retail before? What is your best quality? Etc...   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2011.

Interview Details – I thought the interview was going to go well since the J.C Pennys was exactly across from my school but it did not. The manager wanted me to work on the weekends which I have no problems doing but I will not work until 11:00 PM in the middle of the night when I have to have someone else as my source of transportation and also a minor at the time, 17. I was denied a job because I did not want to work until 11:00 PM and still in high school.

Interview Questions

Shoe Department Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a call 10 days latter to come in for an interview.. When I got there I seen like 9 more ppl then I realized it was a group interview! Manager introduced herself then she got the store manager and assistant store manager, they asked us Questions, it was so easy! My advice would be to sit straight and smile one of the girls was not speaking up and the SD told her she needs to speak up if she wants to work there! After she told us she would be giving us a call not to call her back, she called me next day offering me the job I accepted ! She let me knw that they were going to run a background check and ill get a call back for my job trainer, I got a call 1 week and 4 days later! Good Luck! :)

Interview Question – Tell me one word that describes yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its base pay + comission I forgot to ask how much is base pay!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees and interview candidates.