J. C. Penney

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2014.

Called to set up an interview fairly quick. It was a group interview of 6 people and it was in 2 parts. The first part was setting up blocks. Each interviewer would go look at a picture of a block structure for 30 seconds and then have to tell the other interviewers how to build it without touching the blocks. After each interviewer had their turn then you would do it again but this time you could touch the blocks. The second part was a presentation. They gave you a sheet with 6 ideas and you had to pick which idea was the best for JC Penny; you then had to present your idea and say why it was the best. I was interviewed by the manager and HR but manager was only in for the first part.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2013.

Firstly, I put up the application online and took the questionaire which is about 50. After 3 days, I gave them a call just to draw their attention to my application. the lady i spoke with said they would review qualified apps and call for interview. I was contacted the next day to come for a group interview 2 days later. I got to the interview exactly 15mins early and we was directed to the interviewing room. the questions was very very easy and basic. Just make sure you stand out from the rest of the candidates, answer all the questions, even if you dont have to. they called me back two days later that i got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer   View Answer
    They offered a little more than i earned at my former job, but i negotiated for 50cents more, it was declined. i like jcp, so i accepted the offer anyways.

Visual Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2012.

I applied online on JCP.com then the next day I received a phone call about both positions I applied for.
    When I arrived it was a group interview with everyone for seasonal and for permanent positions.
    You wore asked various questions and were told to raise your hand to answer questions the talent specialist wrote down various notes .
    You were told to make sure your name and phone numbers were correct and that you may and may not receive a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose Jc Penneys?
      What do you expect from customer service?

View Answer
    I have not received a offer but, offered a second interview.

Shoe Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2012.

I applied online, received a call 10 days latter to come in for an interview.. When I got there I seen like 9 more ppl then I realized it was a group interview! Manager introduced herself then she got the store manager and assistant store manager, they asked us Questions, it was so easy! My advice would be to sit straight and smile one of the girls was not speaking up and the SD told her she needs to speak up if she wants to work there! After she told us she would be giving us a call not to call her back, she called me next day offering me the job I accepted ! She let me knw that they were going to run a background check and ill get a call back for my job trainer, I got a call 1 week and 4 days later! Good Luck! :)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one word that describes yourself?   View Answer
    Its base pay + comission I forgot to ask how much is base pay!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2011.

I thought the interview was going to go well since the J.C Pennys was exactly across from my school but it did not. The manager wanted me to work on the weekends which I have no problems doing but I will not work until 11:00 PM in the middle of the night when I have to have someone else as my source of transportation and also a minor at the time, 17. I was denied a job because I did not want to work until 11:00 PM and still in high school.

JC Penney Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

Got a phone call two days after I applied and had an interview with in the week. Very simple interview, only a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question. Very basic, like have you worked retail before? What is your best quality? Etc...   Answer Question