J. C. Penney

Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.1

Human Resources Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied for the position on the internet and attached my resume to the application. A couple of days later I received an email from a HR recruiter from JC Penny. We set a time for a phone interview a couple of days later. During the interview the HR recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. He asked standard questions that would be expected during an interview for this type of position. The phone interview was about 45-50 minutes in length. At the end of the interview I was offered a face to face interview with the store leader (store manager).

The process has been stress free and all parties that I have worked with so far have been friendly.

Service Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Process is very fast and convenient. I applied online and within a week I was scheduled for a group interview with about 8 other people. After the group interview the HR team takes each candidate for a brief one-on-one interview in their office. It is here that they either offer you a position or they do not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service, Cashier, Associate, Support, Any Open Position Really Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Weirdest interview I have ever had. It was a group interview. There was four of us and they had us do different tasks. We had to build blocks, come up ideas to improve the company, and do some memorization games. Then we went to different departments in the store and learned all we could about each one within 5 minutes. The interviewer came to each of us as a pretend customer and asked us questions. Finally, we were pulled aside for a one on one and asked a few questions and by the end we were told if we got a position or not. Everyone in the group was hired on the spot. Probably not hard to get a job here. One girl kept accidentally swearing, but she was still hired. Another girl just said "I just need a job" when asked why she wanted to work there and she had no job experience at all. I think maybe they were just desperate for new employees at the time.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The overall process was efficient and seamless. The interviews were scheduled within one day along with testing. I received an offer at the end of the same day.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied for the front desk position for the jc penney salon.I applied online and got a phone call about a week later. The salon manager asked me a few questions about my experience and mentioned a few details about the job and then asked me to come in for an interview. I came in for the interview and had to wait just a few minutes. We went upstairs in her office and sat down. She was extremely friendly so the interview was very easy going. It was very comfortable and almost just like having a conversation. I was offered the job right on the spot, but unfortunately when I asked the kind of hours I would be getting, they were very small. It was a bummer and she was bummed as well. They looked on file and saw that I had applied for another position on the sales floor. She brought in the HR Leader and they tried to see if I could do both to get the kind of hours I wanted. You can't work in JC Penney Salon and JC Penney at the same time, something about rented space? So they actually offered me the hours I wanted in the Women's department and I took it! The longest part after that was waiting to hear back about my background check. That took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult but, When was a time a customer was disappointed or disgruntled and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Visual Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2015.

The interview was crazy from the time I called to confirm my interview, to the time I left. During the interview he was unprofessional and rude. every time I began to speak about a question he asked he either answered his phone, got on the walkie talkie,and also had someone come into his office. Then he told me I wasn't qualified for the position, because of my availability and I had no experience. but I want to know, how would that person every get a chance to get the experience? if you never give someone the chance, who wants to learn and grow? I thought that's what j.c penney's company is also known for "GROWTH". anyway it was all a waste of time. he end up offering me a customer service position and told me to email him after I applied. The crazy part about this is I've been looking forward to working with j.c penney for a year now. because of my bad experience within this interview, my dreams of having hands on experience with j.c penney to better help me in the fashion merchandising field is now only but a dream. thanks to his very rude and unruly behavior.

Interview Questions
    • talked about how I replied to his email said it was kind of weird because the time frame that I put down.(unprofessional)
      tell me about a time you had a unpleasant customer?

Answer Question

Supply Chain Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I met a JCP recruiter at my universities career fair where we scheduled an on-campus interview for later that week. The interview was very structured with both behavior and situation based questions. I waited a few weeks before I was contacted to go to a second interview at their DC (where the job would take place). While I was at the DC, I had a chance to go on a tour and be interviewed twice, both with two interviewers and both interviews lasted about 30 minutes. These questions were very similar to the first interview - still highly structured, but we did discuss matters that were not on their interview question list. Overall, it was a great experience. Every employee I met at JCP was extremely welcoming and everyone seemed to genuinely love their job.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions began with, "tell me about a time when you..." most of them related to how I managed conflict, how I lead teams, etc. They wanted to know a lot about my prior class projects as well. The questions didn't seem unexpected to me, they were the typical interview questions you should expect.   View Answer

compensation

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Applied about 10 times a day to finally get a call for an interview in October 2014. The person who scheduled the interview was in such a rush to get off the phone I couldn't ask proper questions. She never told me exactly WHERE the interview was being held. On the day of the interview I went into the store to be told their Human Resource office was on the side of the building and also that their were no managers in the store what so ever. The side of the mall building is painted to look like the rest of the wall who on earth would know that? By this time I'm already late and wanted to be professional and reschedule rather than be late. I called the office from the time I left the property until about 5 pm that evening. There was no one in the office all day. When I finally reached through to someone she was extremely rude and howled at me like she was my mother. I politely asked to reschedule and she lied and said she didn't know when there was another session. That did it for me and the company. Worst experience with this place ever

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The process was relatively easy. I applied online through their site. Nothing out of the ordinary with what you would have to fill out for a normal retail job. It focused mostly on how to treat the customer. I had one interview with the store manager. They were very helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider the most important part of customer service?   Answer Question

Sephora JCP Product Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

It was really quick. Didn't get interviewed by the sephora leader though. Which was unfortunate. Questions weren't so hard. But they really only care about experience. So if you have experience you don't have to worry