J. C. Penney

Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online and there is a large questionnaire. You have to get a certain score or else it automatically declines you. Just when answering, ask yourself how a good retail associate would answer.

Interview Questions
    • Once getting past the personality questionnaire, it is really simple. Just asked questions about how to talk to people, and what to do if a customer is upset.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Group Interview. They had us pitch to the group a new service that we believe the company should offer to its customers. There was also supposed to be a team block building project that we never got to. We also had to answer questions like "What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of JCP?" Amongst other basic interview questions. Like any interview, as long as you do some simple research on the company and know how to answer common behavioral questions, it'll be a breeze.

Cashier Interview

Did my application online, and got a call back in about a week. Got asked to come in and do an interview, Got hired on the spot, and started working the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Only one interview and they just went over why I wanted to be apart of the company. They also asked me if I had worked anywhere previous. There was an opening in the shoe department and told me they feel that would suit me so I accepted. The did seem desperate because it was before black friday and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult situation, in a professional workplace, that you have dealt with?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

They mostly asked situational questions such as: "What would you do if this happened," or "Tell me about a time when this happened and how did you handle it?" Other than that the interview was fairly easy. I think just about anyone can pass it.

I would've had to take a pay cut

Sales Associate Interview

Terrible interview. it was a group interview we were seated around the room and human resources ask us one question: Tell me about yourself.
    Then they will give you a paper with 2 choices that can increase sales, you choose which would be a better choice and explain to everybody why. then we wait nearly 20 mins while the human resource manager goes check on the candidates i think?

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

This interview was a group interview. HR ladies went around and asked us questions like " What did you like or dislike about your previous job?" and "Tell us about yourselves". Once we got to know each other, we did a building block exercise. It was really easy and fun!

This was my very first interview and I was very nervous. The HR ladies were extremely nice and eventually I became calm. All and all, it was a good experience!

No negotiations, I liked the offer and accepted right away.

Seasonal Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Applied online and got an email for interview two days later. HR Leader Scott was easy going and brand new to the store. Gave us a talent tryout where we would work with other people in a department to see if we would be a good fit as well as see what we would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • Asked us what fast food store had the best customer service   Answer Question
    Very easy. Offered me above minimum wage, from my work experience.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Manager found my resume on indeed called me and asked me to put in a app,10 minutes later she called me to come in to do a interview. I went in 2 days later (Today) & walked around the store talked about the position what I will be doing and pay rate and then she told me I am offering this position start training on Monday :)

Customer Service Associate Interview

Internet application and interview. Long series of questions about your personality, what would you do if type questions, profiling to see if your a match for the job, honest, or have half a brain. Probably used by many employers these days.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. Just a bunch of questions to see if you were a match to jobs being offered.   Answer Question