J. C. Penney Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.1

Customer Service Associate Interview

Internet application and interview. Long series of questions about your personality, what would you do if type questions, profiling to see if your a match for the job, honest, or have half a brain. Probably used by many employers these days.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. Just a bunch of questions to see if you were a match to jobs being offered.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

got called back two days after i applied online, I had experience in retail but im only 17 so they told me they will definitely call me back in about two weeks after they hire a few more adults to work later hours. the woman sounded really excited to talk to me and was very interested since i had experience. i got the call last night, so wish me luck :)

Interview Questions
    • they rather hire people who arent in school or are under 18 because they want workers who can work better hours.   Answer Question

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

it was a group interview. They had you build something and you only had a minute to do so, each person had a turn to explain to the group how to build it and when It was your turn you could not touch it. After this they gave each of us a department and we had to come up with a idea to better the department then pitch it to the interviewers. This is as far as I got in the process, there were four of us, only two of them proceeded to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • They asked when J.C penny was founded and what J.C stood for.   Answer Question

Labor Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online to this position and was contacted by an in-house recruiter within days after. She phone screened me. I was then asked to drive to a center to take a 2 hour exam for candidate fit. I was then screened by a superior who did a second phone interview, which was more involved. Once they got my test scores back, they booked my flight for an in-person interview at world headquarters. The interview was very long, all day. I met with at least 2 Vice Presidents, 3 people under them and then 3 people at their warehouse. It was a VERY tiring interview, but most of the people there were really nice. I only ran into 1 rude person, and unfortunately she ran recruitment for HR for JC Penney. It was my one bad interview out of 8 or 9, and she made the final decision, so that was that. I was warned in advance by the recruiter that she could be exceptionally difficult, and the recruiter was right. She asked excessively difficult questions to make you feel meek and inferior. It was unfortunate, but everyone else was honestly great. I would still say that this would be a great place to work for.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I was chosen to interview through the career center at my university. The interview was very relaxed. My interviewer stated that this would be a relaxed interview and that she just really wanted to get to know me as a person. The first thing she asked is if I had any questions for her - so come prepared with at least 5-8 questions because they will ask this at the end as well. She pretty much just ran down my resume and asked questions about past projects and my experience with excel.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Behavioral Interview followed an initial handshake meeting at my college career fair. There were two interviewers that interviewed me. Fairly laid back. They got right to it, after two qualifying questions that I was ok to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and that I was okay working weekends and holidays they went right into the behavioral questions. Once I was done with the answer they moved to the next question. Not much feedback or probing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included a range of "Tell me about a time when....."
      -You solved a complex problem
      -You had to adapt
      -You had multiple deadlines
      and two others I don't remember but I do remember they asked me 5.
        Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

It was a group interview we were then put with a partner given two or three scenarios one was to sell a product, etc.. i got offered the job on the job with the whole group. then i was brought into a room to negotiate pay wage and i got offered a pay higher than minimum wage

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult task was to do the scenarios in such little time and first getting to know our partner   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I saw a advertisement on a hallway billboard for a seasonal help position. I applied at the store and latter received a call for an interview. The interview was easy and i got the job on the spot. After the holiday season was over I was offered a Sales Associate position.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

It was pretty much like every other person reviewing JCPenney, it was an unexpected group interview where we had to do a block stacking activity, which ultimately crashed down. After the interview was over we were all told we'd get called in an hour to tell us if we had gotten the job or not, and that held true because I was called with the job offer! Which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, why we want to work there, a time we worked successfully in a group, ect.   Answer Question
    Smile lots!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online some weeks ago and finally got a call. During the call they ask you a few questikns and set up an interview date and time. During the interview you work with a group. I was orginally supposed to work with 2 other people but 1 person ended up showing up late so it was just me and someone else. And while in the interview shr had us to look at a picture for 10secs and after the 10secs you will then construct your group on how to build the picture and can't toucj the blocks. After about 15mins or you successfully build the figure she took the other person in a seperate room for a few mins then came and interviewed me a little. After that she asked when could I come to the second interview. In the second interview with the manager he sat down and asked questions and then welcomed me to the team. He informed me that they were going to put my application through for my background check. And will recieve a call in 5-7 days.