J. C. Penney

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied for the front desk position for the jc penney salon.I applied online and got a phone call about a week later. The salon manager asked me a few questions about my experience and mentioned a few details about the job and then asked me to come in for an interview. I came in for the interview and had to wait just a few minutes. We went upstairs in her office and sat down. She was extremely friendly so the interview was very easy going. It was very comfortable and almost just like having a conversation. I was offered the job right on the spot, but unfortunately when I asked the kind of hours I would be getting, they were very small. It was a bummer and she was bummed as well. They looked on file and saw that I had applied for another position on the sales floor. She brought in the HR Leader and they tried to see if I could do both to get the kind of hours I wanted. You can't work in JC Penney Salon and JC Penney at the same time, something about rented space? So they actually offered me the hours I wanted in the Women's department and I took it! The longest part after that was waiting to hear back about my background check. That took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult but, When was a time a customer was disappointed or disgruntled and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Applied about 10 times a day to finally get a call for an interview in October 2014. The person who scheduled the interview was in such a rush to get off the phone I couldn't ask proper questions. She never told me exactly WHERE the interview was being held. On the day of the interview I went into the store to be told their Human Resource office was on the side of the building and also that their were no managers in the store what so ever. The side of the mall building is painted to look like the rest of the wall who on earth would know that? By this time I'm already late and wanted to be professional and reschedule rather than be late. I called the office from the time I left the property until about 5 pm that evening. There was no one in the office all day. When I finally reached through to someone she was extremely rude and howled at me like she was my mother. I politely asked to reschedule and she lied and said she didn't know when there was another session. That did it for me and the company. Worst experience with this place ever

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The process was relatively easy. I applied online through their site. Nothing out of the ordinary with what you would have to fill out for a normal retail job. It focused mostly on how to treat the customer. I had one interview with the store manager. They were very helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider the most important part of customer service?   Answer Question

Sephora JCP Product Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

It was really quick. Didn't get interviewed by the sephora leader though. Which was unfortunate. Questions weren't so hard. But they really only care about experience. So if you have experience you don't have to worry

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I saw the "hiring" sign outside the store. I walked in, applied on a kiosk, was interviewed, and hired within one hour. I was scheduled to work the next day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Minimum wage, period.

Fine Jewelry Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Group interview. Very comfortable and laid back environment. There were about 4 other individuals in the group interview. The interviewer would ask a question and we took turns answering. However it was not formal. Whoever spoke up got to answer and the interviewer would move on to the next question even if everyone did not get to answer. So you really had to try and stand out.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions: Give an example of a time you helped a customer who was angry. What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question
    Pay was based on customer service experience. I did not get to discuss all of my customer service experience with the interviewer during the interview since others had to speak as well. So I stayed a few minutes after to explain that I had more experience to offer. This helped me to get a higher base pay.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

HIring and interview process was very easy. It was a one on one interview. I was hired immediately on the spot. I was asked a few questions. I was later asked to come in and complete paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do after helping a customer find the perfect pair of pants?   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I had 3 interviews. One on the phone with the IT Supervisor and the IT manager. The second interview was in person with the HR Manager and IT Supervisor. The third interview was with the IT manager and Team leads. They all asked repetitive questions. Basic IT questions and behavioral mixed together depending on who was asking the questions.

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Got a call within 2 weeks, maybe less. Easy group interview with 5 other people (all between 16 and 60 years old). Just did team building exercises basically. We all had to describe ourselves and why we wanted to work there. Next we were placed on the sales floor and told to put together a sales pitch to give to the HR pretending to be a customer.

Sales Associate Interview

I was called back quickly for an interview. Was scheduled fast and went in to find friendly manager interviewing me. They laid out the job description well and asked why i thought i would be right for the job. Lots of questions about scenarios and how i would handle that.