J. C. Penney Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Group interview, personal questions and scenarios, with all of the managers, ten to twelve people being interviewed, you'll know if your hired.. you'll be the last to be called in

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

They place you in a group of people and you must work together to solve a blocks puzzle where you can only see the image 10 seconds at a time & must work together with your group to put the blocks in place the same as the picture. After that they take you individually for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at JCPenney? Name a situation where you were given good customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I applied online & a few days later I got a call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with about 10 people. We had to do a group activity evolving blocks. It was really easy & fun. After we completed the task we did one-on-one interviews from who they think are leaders greatest to least. They said they would call you back in a couple of days if you got to go to a second interview. I never got the call. But I did get a call a week later but I didn't answer & they haven't called back since. The interview was really fun so don't sweat it.(: Everyone is super nice & friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are characteristics of a good boss?   1 Answer

Hairstylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The person giving the interview was incredibly nice. I felt very comfortable. I was asked the typical questions and got a call a couple hours later to offer me a job. However, I was promised things in the interview process that never happened.

Salon Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied online through the company's website. Salon manager called me within a few days to set up a 1:1 interview with her. Interview was very laid back as she knew that I was a college student looking for a job to get me through school. Asked the basic questions such as "Are you a people person" "Have you ever worked in customer service before?" and a lot of personality questions that went along with the job. Offered me a job once the interview was over.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I applied for the back room, but instead they offered me a different job on the sales floor. I walked in and sat down for at least 5 minutes before being told I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Building blocks. We were given a photo for 10 seconds then required to explain to the other 6 people how to build it without touching it. The building process was a lot more difficult then I expected, the photo was hard to see the different colors, and 6 people made it very difficult to get your hands into the blocks. We were then called up one at a time for a one on one interview with an HR associate and the General Manager, they were both very nice. So far the company seems great.

Interview Questions

• After mentioning that he studied work psychology and that he was more interested in how I found my answer then the answer itself he asked me "Are you more of a logical or mathematical thinker" and "If you have 2 regular 6-sided dice what is the chance of you getting a 7?"   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Torrance, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First a group of us about 17-20 in total were sent to a room in the back and we had to sit there for about 20 minutes until the interview began. They asked two simple questions and then we were called individually to do a one on one interview but there were actually three people at the table asking questions. In total the interview took about 2 hours. Overall be prepared to sit a room with random strangers staring at you for 2 hours.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Glendale, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Monday. They called the same day to schedule an interview for Friday morning. It was a group interview with 7 or 8 other people. We were asked to introduce ourselves as they went around the table.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

In store interview District manager. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Process went well and waiting for a follow-up call. Very good potential for upward movement. Good benefits and 401k plan.