J. C. Penney Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbus, OH).

Interview

very quick ,not many questions, interview seemed rushed and not very engaging. interviewer was manager, seemed like he was going through the motions and not listening. perhaps could be because the job was short-term, but turned into long term employment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The woman conducting the interview made two other candidates and I build a picture she showed us out of blocks. She then made us pitch a possible idea to drive sales in a certain department of the store, like women's or kids. Once everyone was done pitching their idea, we had to vote on which idea we wanted to implement in the store and why.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something I can't tell from your resume.   1 Answer

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Lake Charles, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the hiring manager 2 hours later. She asked me to come in for an interview the following day. The interview was more like a conversation and really relaxed. I heard of this company having group interviews but mine was a one on one with the hiring manager.

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Norman, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview first, then was asked to come in for a group interview. The interview only involved myself and one other person. We had to build a structure out of blocks. Afterwards, we were asked what we thought we did best and if it could of been done again what would we do differently. Those were the only questions we were asked. Next we spoke with the store manager individually. I was offered a job starting on the floor. Now I am waiting for the background check to go through. Fails easy interview.

Interview Questions

• We had to build a structure out of blocks. Afterwards, we were asked what we thought we did best and if it could of been done again what would we do differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Salon Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The majority of the application process was done online. When asked to do actual interview, it was just a feel for you personally. The interview was short. When asked to come in, you probably have the job.

Sales Support/Replenishment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Interview went fast and easy,i I sat with a whole bunch of other people who applied for the job, and it first started as a group interview,then from there, they select the few who stood out from the others, then i recieved a call back within few days to have a one on one interview with the manager.The manager took me through the office and from there started the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this Company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negiotable

Senior Textile Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX).

Interview

They flew me, arranged hotel stay and car service to interview. You had to be interview by about 5 Heads of different department, all day very tense, fled you then flew you back home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just accepted the first offer.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Very quick and not very informative. Not a lot of information given about the job. The interviewer needed to be a little more informative about the job titles and responsibilities.

Bill Bass Interview

Interview

Very quick and easy. They called me within a week of applying and said that they liked my resume and did a group interview before doing a one- on one interview

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Simply we were in groups did 3 things they wanted us to do. Then one by one they called us in to tell us if we got the job. The first two or three days are tranning days.