J. C. Penney

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.1

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Had 4 interviews and I did great. I was promised an offer in few days. But got a mail from recruiter after a month that the management has changed and they were unable to decide which group will fund that position. So they put the position on hold. I felt like I wasted time waiting for the offer.

Team Leader Interview

Applied online, through snagajob.com. Got a call only 3 days later. It was a weird group interview with 6 other people who weren't applying for the same position. it was a group puzzle that had to be solved to pass the stage of the interview. All in all it was ok

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Phone interview then the hiring manager calls. If they like you, they call you to the HQ. Prepare for a long day there. Seems like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions
    • How do u manage time between between parallel projects?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Easy interview 1 interview not much was asked just experience. I interviewed with one person and I received a call back that day. The background check can take sometime depending on the timing of it. If you have a record don't bother.

Interview Questions
    Really none. Base it off experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview process was simple and easy. I didn't know companies still did group interviews. It was a group interview based on how you would interact with customers and how available you are

Interview Questions
    • How would you Handle a customer who wants to return something past 30 days   Answer Question

Commissioned Window Coverings Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in December 2014.

It was a group interview, I arrived early and asked for the interviewer and I had to wait until everyone else arrived. We sat down and we each had to fill out a paper on the job we where applying too and our availability. The interviewer asked about our current or last employment, what was our duty and what we disliked. later we where given another paper that had 2 options and we where to explain which option was going to drive sales. Another question was why we want to work in retail and why JCP in particular.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question nor unexpected question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online and there is a large questionnaire. You have to get a certain score or else it automatically declines you. Just when answering, ask yourself how a good retail associate would answer.

Interview Questions
    • Once getting past the personality questionnaire, it is really simple. Just asked questions about how to talk to people, and what to do if a customer is upset.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Group Interview. They had us pitch to the group a new service that we believe the company should offer to its customers. There was also supposed to be a team block building project that we never got to. We also had to answer questions like "What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of JCP?" Amongst other basic interview questions. Like any interview, as long as you do some simple research on the company and know how to answer common behavioral questions, it'll be a breeze.

Cashier Interview

Did my application online, and got a call back in about a week. Got asked to come in and do an interview, Got hired on the spot, and started working the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Only one interview and they just went over why I wanted to be apart of the company. They also asked me if I had worked anywhere previous. There was an opening in the shoe department and told me they feel that would suit me so I accepted. The did seem desperate because it was before black friday and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult situation, in a professional workplace, that you have dealt with?   Answer Question