J. C. Penney Interview Questions

2.1

Labor Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online to this position and was contacted by an in-house recruiter within days after. She phone screened me. I was then asked to drive to a center to take a 2 hour exam for candidate fit. I was then screened by a superior who did a second phone interview, which was more involved. Once they got my test scores back, they booked my flight for an in-person interview at world headquarters. The interview was very long, all day. I met with at least 2 Vice Presidents, 3 people under them and then 3 people at their warehouse. It was a VERY tiring interview, but most of the people there were really nice. I only ran into 1 rude person, and unfortunately she ran recruitment for HR for JC Penney. It was my one bad interview out of 8 or 9, and she made the final decision, so that was that. I was warned in advance by the recruiter that she could be exceptionally difficult, and the recruiter was right. She asked excessively difficult questions to make you feel meek and inferior. It was unfortunate, but everyone else was honestly great. I would still say that this would be a great place to work for.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I was chosen to interview through the career center at my university. The interview was very relaxed. My interviewer stated that this would be a relaxed interview and that she just really wanted to get to know me as a person. The first thing she asked is if I had any questions for her - so come prepared with at least 5-8 questions because they will ask this at the end as well. She pretty much just ran down my resume and asked questions about past projects and my experience with excel.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Behavioral Interview followed an initial handshake meeting at my college career fair. There were two interviewers that interviewed me. Fairly laid back. They got right to it, after two qualifying questions that I was ok to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and that I was okay working weekends and holidays they went right into the behavioral questions. Once I was done with the answer they moved to the next question. Not much feedback or probing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included a range of "Tell me about a time when....."
      -You solved a complex problem
      -You had to adapt
      -You had multiple deadlines
      and two others I don't remember but I do remember they asked me 5.
        Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

It was a group interview we were then put with a partner given two or three scenarios one was to sell a product, etc.. i got offered the job on the job with the whole group. then i was brought into a room to negotiate pay wage and i got offered a pay higher than minimum wage

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult task was to do the scenarios in such little time and first getting to know our partner   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I saw a advertisement on a hallway billboard for a seasonal help position. I applied at the store and latter received a call for an interview. The interview was easy and i got the job on the spot. After the holiday season was over I was offered a Sales Associate position.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

It was pretty much like every other person reviewing JCPenney, it was an unexpected group interview where we had to do a block stacking activity, which ultimately crashed down. After the interview was over we were all told we'd get called in an hour to tell us if we had gotten the job or not, and that held true because I was called with the job offer! Which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, why we want to work there, a time we worked successfully in a group, ect.   Answer Question
    Smile lots!

MEL Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Sourced by store management from competitor. Approached me with dialogue and a card to contact them later. Once I contacted, I had an interview with a store manager that lasted about an hour. Then moved on to a District Manager who made the offer after a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • basic questions where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, 10 yrs?   Answer Question
    little negotiations. will entirely depend on who you are recruited by.

Salon Leaderr Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Contacted by Talent Resource Leader, thorough phone interview inquiring about where I have been, what I have to offer, and a basic situational question and answer period . TAL interview ended by informing me that the Field Operation Leader would contact me for the second interview. Field Operation Leader interview was more intense yet had a similar theme as TAL interview. FOL then informed me that the District Manager would follow up with the third interview. District Manager interview had the same format and basic sourcing of questions yet was a bit more laid back. The fourth and final interview was in-person with the Store Leader, rather than over the phone as the first three were. This interview was just as intense as the first two. I was given an offer by HR a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    Don't be afraid to negotiate.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I filled out a application online, they called me about a month later for a interview. When I arrived there were other people waiting to be interviewed as well. The assistant store manager was the one who interviewed me. She asked me to tell me about myself which I did. She gave me a brief summary of the company and what's expected of me if I were to be hired.

She did my salary based on my experience and she said I would start on Sept 11 pending my background check. My background check came back ok days later. I started on Sept 11.

Intern Interview

1. Had a phone interview with recruiter which took about 20 minutes
    2. Scheduled a face to face interview with store manager which took about an hour
    3. Received a call from the recruiter and accepted the offer