J. C. Penney Sales Support/Replenishment Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible, the manager called me a liar because I didnt saw him and he told me that I looked at him a couple of times and that wasnt true. Even if they hire me I wouldnt work for them having that horrible boss. I'll guess it will be different in another jc penney store.

Interview Questions

• Why J.C. Penney and not other retailer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Support/Replenishment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Interview went fast and easy,i I sat with a whole bunch of other people who applied for the job, and it first started as a group interview,then from there, they select the few who stood out from the others, then i recieved a call back within few days to have a one on one interview with the manager.The manager took me through the office and from there started the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this Company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negiotable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online got a call back within a week from department manager. Missed the call but returned the message with the call back number which wasn't her direct number so I had to call the main number and ask for her. After I transferred around I finally spoke to her colleague in another department who then scheduled a face to face interview. I get to the interview and am told to wait in the area by the bathrooms after the manager on duty is called and notified. I wait like a good little candidate for about 15-20 minutes. Associates on break would ask me if anyone knew I was there. Really? So I finally meet the manager and am told he was busy with customer relations and such. I cant tell you how empty this newly remodeled store was. The interview was straightforward, easy questions that were read from a script, the same script that I had just answered at at previous interview at another store. He went over the history of the company and the new changes which I was knowledgeable of as we dialogued back and forth smoothly. I have a degree in retail management and fashion buying so I was familiar with the back story of the company. The website said full time but he informed me that the work was part time and seasonal,WOW. He explained the job details and asked me some customer service questions. The interview wasnt awkward at all. The interview was on Thursday he told me that I would be called back whether or not I got the job by Tuesday. No call, email nothing.

Interview Questions

• If I contacted your previous managers what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Poughkeepsie, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process was about 30 minutes long and not a whole lot of information was given about the job description.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question just basically if you are flexible and if you drive because the hours change daily.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was not negotiation a computer figured out the base pay and management told the new hire what it was.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Omaha, NE) in October 2010.

Interview

really easy, she went over my on-line application regarding experience, which i had none in retail. but i had open availability, that is Key at jcp, Yes I Can Work When-Ever you need me is the only thing they want to hear, no exp necessary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was offered 9$ I said 11$ she said i can do 10.35$. i said ok

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Valley Stream, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

I first filled out the application online at the JC Penney website. A couple of days later, I went to the store because I was told that a recruiter would be there and people could walk in for the interview. So, I went in and waited and in about five minutes, the interviewer called me and another girl in. He asked us both questions--about 95% of them were the same question for us. It lasted about ten minutes, then he asked if we had any questions, then said we should be contacted in about a week, but I wasn't contacted.

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Joplin, MO) in September 2008.

Interview

Applied online at jcp.com. They called me 3 hours later and set up interview for next day. Got hired on the spot and started my training an hour later. Interview was pretty standard, asked questions about customer service and past work experience. I got hired for a different position than applied for, but ended up transferring to my first choice a year later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a previous experience in which you had to please a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Sales Support/Replenishment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2012.

Interview

HR called, scheduled a group interview which consisted of 5 other people. Hiring manager interviewed us, went around the room asking the same question. Made sure that we knew the position was only $7.75, was to change depending on sales of credit cards. If we couldnt be available to them at all times, then you wouldn't get hired. You also have to work for your hours (ex, if you didnt open up any credit cards, you won't get any hours) you can earn as little a "zero" hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat an associate stealing? and how do you feel their punishment should be and why?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about our new changes   1 Answer