J. C. Penney

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Only one interview and they just went over why I wanted to be apart of the company. They also asked me if I had worked anywhere previous. There was an opening in the shoe department and told me they feel that would suit me so I accepted. The did seem desperate because it was before black friday and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult situation, in a professional workplace, that you have dealt with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Terrible interview. it was a group interview we were seated around the room and human resources ask us one question: Tell me about yourself.
    Then they will give you a paper with 2 choices that can increase sales, you choose which would be a better choice and explain to everybody why. then we wait nearly 20 mins while the human resource manager goes check on the candidates i think?

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

They mostly asked situational questions such as: "What would you do if this happened," or "Tell me about a time when this happened and how did you handle it?" Other than that the interview was fairly easy. I think just about anyone can pass it.

I would've had to take a pay cut

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

This interview was a group interview. HR ladies went around and asked us questions like " What did you like or dislike about your previous job?" and "Tell us about yourselves". Once we got to know each other, we did a building block exercise. It was really easy and fun!

This was my very first interview and I was very nervous. The HR ladies were extremely nice and eventually I became calm. All and all, it was a good experience!

No negotiations, I liked the offer and accepted right away.

Seasonal Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Applied online and got an email for interview two days later. HR Leader Scott was easy going and brand new to the store. Gave us a talent tryout where we would work with other people in a department to see if we would be a good fit as well as see what we would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • Asked us what fast food store had the best customer service   Answer Question
    Very easy. Offered me above minimum wage, from my work experience.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Manager found my resume on indeed called me and asked me to put in a app,10 minutes later she called me to come in to do a interview. I went in 2 days later (Today) & walked around the store talked about the position what I will be doing and pay rate and then she told me I am offering this position start training on Monday :)

Support Specialist (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Applied online, got a call soon after and had a short interview on the phone, then asked if I'd like to come in for an in person interview. I said yes. It was a group interview (with 4 other people), where the interviewer asked us questions and we answered them individually. For example, which department we would like to work in and why, how do I feel about working at 4am, etc. Everyone of the sales position people in the group interview, got to work in the departments they wanted.

There was also a group activity where we were all given two different scenarios and had to choose one and sell the idea to the group, then all come together and choose one of our scenarios we liked best and say why. Then the interviewer called us out one by one to his office and asked us a few more questions and said he would call to let us know if we got the job. The group interview was a mix of positions, some were there for sales positions and some for support positions.

Got a call from the interviewer, asking if I still wanted the position, later on in the same week as the group interview. I accepted but had to wait for the background check to clear. The interviewer also said the rate was $9.75/hr which I said was fine. When the background check cleared, I setup a time to attend one of the training sessions. It was for 3 hours, for two days. The training was very rushed and the host talked quickly. Did not get to complete the training videos during this time, but I think you can watch them on your personal JCPenney kiosk.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to sell one of the two sales opportunity scenarios we were each given.   Answer Question
    Nothing, I accepted the $9.75/hr rate. If you don't they probably would not hire you.

Logistics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Application was forwarded by former intern to recruiting officer. Received a notice of initial phone screening interview via email. The phone interview was behavioral based inquiring about one's experiences with difficult situations encountered while working with a team. Another question involved "tell me a time where you had to deliver constructive criticism to a co-worker or a team member". Once i answered all the questions, I was already met with an offer for a face-to-face interview in northern California. I traveled to nor Cal two weeks after my initial interview (expenses paid) for an interview held at their supply chain facility. At the facility, I was interviewed for 5-6 hours with 4 different managers (HR, three supply chain professionals) all questions were behavior based and one grand tour of the facility was given (while taking the tour make sure to ask a lot of questions).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you above and beyond and what was the result?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Internet application and interview. Long series of questions about your personality, what would you do if type questions, profiling to see if your a match for the job, honest, or have half a brain. Probably used by many employers these days.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. Just a bunch of questions to see if you were a match to jobs being offered.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

got called back two days after i applied online, I had experience in retail but im only 17 so they told me they will definitely call me back in about two weeks after they hire a few more adults to work later hours. the woman sounded really excited to talk to me and was very interested since i had experience. i got the call last night, so wish me luck :)

Interview Questions
    • they rather hire people who arent in school or are under 18 because they want workers who can work better hours.   Answer Question