J. C. Penney

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview that involved teamwork. All interviewees built a house of blocks. Was strange, but everyone in my interview group was hired so we must have done well. I believe they were looking for teamwork skills and general personality traits.

No negotiation but they accepted the salary I requested on my application.

Talent Resource Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when. They dove into personal experiences through decision making. They asked pointed questions about your background and level of responsibilities. They asked questions that were very similar but had twists. They also talked about strengths and opportunities

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Had 4 interviews and I did great. I was promised an offer in few days. But got a mail from recruiter after a month that the management has changed and they were unable to decide which group will fund that position. So they put the position on hold. I felt like I wasted time waiting for the offer.

Team Leader Interview

Applied online, through snagajob.com. Got a call only 3 days later. It was a weird group interview with 6 other people who weren't applying for the same position. it was a group puzzle that had to be solved to pass the stage of the interview. All in all it was ok

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Phone interview then the hiring manager calls. If they like you, they call you to the HQ. Prepare for a long day there. Seems like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions
    • How do u manage time between between parallel projects?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Easy interview 1 interview not much was asked just experience. I interviewed with one person and I received a call back that day. The background check can take sometime depending on the timing of it. If you have a record don't bother.

Interview Questions
    Really none. Base it off experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview process was simple and easy. I didn't know companies still did group interviews. It was a group interview based on how you would interact with customers and how available you are

Interview Questions
    • How would you Handle a customer who wants to return something past 30 days   Answer Question

Commissioned Window Coverings Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in December 2014.

It was a group interview, I arrived early and asked for the interviewer and I had to wait until everyone else arrived. We sat down and we each had to fill out a paper on the job we where applying too and our availability. The interviewer asked about our current or last employment, what was our duty and what we disliked. later we where given another paper that had 2 options and we where to explain which option was going to drive sales. Another question was why we want to work in retail and why JCP in particular.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question nor unexpected question.   Answer Question

Temp Holiday Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in December 2014.

JCP performed a group interview for this position. Unlike the standard one-on-one Q&A, they are interested in how you interact in a group setting, deal with challenges, setbacks, failure, and whether or not you recover quickly, slowly, or not at all. Our group of 7 was very ethnically diverse, which I found encouraging. We were tasked with the challenge of using colorful wood block to build a structure pictured on an iPad. One person looked at the picture and instructed the others to assemble the structure, and could not touch the blocks themselves. Every 60 seconds the iPad changed hands and a new person had to continue the instructions. This continues until the structure is built. The goal of the exercise is to see who participates, who sits out, who instructs well, who follows directions and who recovers from failure, because the structure will fall down with 6 people all trying to assemble it at once.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something unusual or unexpected about yourself.   Answer Question
    They offered their hourly max up front, there was no wiggle room.

Creative Advertising Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in December 2014.

I had a very pleasant experience with my interview at JCPenney. I have a colleague who already worked at the corporate office so I applied online and also sent her my resume to review and forward. About a week later I had a phone interview and 2 weeks later I had an in-person interview scheduled.

The campus is amazingly huge and I got lost. The HR team was so kind and guided me where I was supposed to go. (I was so embarrassed.)

The in-person interview was a marathon with four different people asking questions and letting me know their thoughts on working at JCPenney. Everyone was so kind. They didn't carry a chip on their shoulder or look frazzled at all. Very calm and matter-of-fact.

After the interview the holidays were upon us all, so I didn't hear back from them until the beginning of January, about 2 weeks. After that I had one more phone interview with HR, and then a very nice offer.

I passed my background and credit check, and start on Monday. A really great and professional experience all around.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were faced with an incomplete or vague creative brief for an important project with a tight timeline?   View Answer