J. C. Penney Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.1

Sephora JCP Product Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

It was really quick. Didn't get interviewed by the sephora leader though. Which was unfortunate. Questions weren't so hard. But they really only care about experience. So if you have experience you don't have to worry

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I saw the "hiring" sign outside the store. I walked in, applied on a kiosk, was interviewed, and hired within one hour. I was scheduled to work the next day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Minimum wage, period.

Fine Jewelry Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Group interview. Very comfortable and laid back environment. There were about 4 other individuals in the group interview. The interviewer would ask a question and we took turns answering. However it was not formal. Whoever spoke up got to answer and the interviewer would move on to the next question even if everyone did not get to answer. So you really had to try and stand out.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions: Give an example of a time you helped a customer who was angry. What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question
    Pay was based on customer service experience. I did not get to discuss all of my customer service experience with the interviewer during the interview since others had to speak as well. So I stayed a few minutes after to explain that I had more experience to offer. This helped me to get a higher base pay.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

HIring and interview process was very easy. It was a one on one interview. I was hired immediately on the spot. I was asked a few questions. I was later asked to come in and complete paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do after helping a customer find the perfect pair of pants?   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I had 3 interviews. One on the phone with the IT Supervisor and the IT manager. The second interview was in person with the HR Manager and IT Supervisor. The third interview was with the IT manager and Team leads. They all asked repetitive questions. Basic IT questions and behavioral mixed together depending on who was asking the questions.

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Got a call within 2 weeks, maybe less. Easy group interview with 5 other people (all between 16 and 60 years old). Just did team building exercises basically. We all had to describe ourselves and why we wanted to work there. Next we were placed on the sales floor and told to put together a sales pitch to give to the HR pretending to be a customer.

Sales Associate Interview

I was called back quickly for an interview. Was scheduled fast and went in to find friendly manager interviewing me. They laid out the job description well and asked why i thought i would be right for the job. Lots of questions about scenarios and how i would handle that.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview that involved teamwork. All interviewees built a house of blocks. Was strange, but everyone in my interview group was hired so we must have done well. I believe they were looking for teamwork skills and general personality traits.

No negotiation but they accepted the salary I requested on my application.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2015.

it was a group interview consist of four for me. We were called into a conference room. There were colored blocks on the table. Each of us were to view a model on the ipad for ten seconds and after that instruct the other three members how to construct it without yourself touching the blocks. We rotate and take turning doing this until the 15 minutes was up or the model was done correctly within tat time. Afterward we were giving each a paper with scenarios on it. We pick one out of the two we think is the best and try to convince the other members that your ideas is the best and at the end we voted on one ideas. We were then call individually into a separate room to know if we are hire or not.

Interview Questions
    • Give an adjective that begin with the same first letter of your name.   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2015.

Phone interview 2 weeks later. After sharing my experience, which includes management and retail sales, and going through behavioral questions, I had applied for Department Supervisor, but after my initial phone screen I was asked to apply to for Commissioned Sales, and assured that if I show my ability to lead I will have the opportunity to advance. Next was the face to face, which was not bad, just be prepared! The first question was if I had a copy of my resume. Two weeks later I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      What was your greatest success?
      How organized are you on a scale of 1 - 10?
      Describe a time you had a conflict with a co- worker.
      Sell me a credit card from your previous employer.
      What motivates you to drive sales?

Answer Question