J. C. Penney

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.1

Visual Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

I applied online and a few days later a received a call. I wasn't expecting an over the phone interview so be prepared! After asking several questions she asked me to come in the next Monday for a group interview. When i got there we had to build blocks from the picture they show you. It's basically an exercise to see how well you work in a team. Overall it was fun and pretty laid back. After the interview they said they would keep in touch and after 2 days i got a call from a manager telling me they were excited to have me join the J.C Penney family!

Interview Questions
    • Work history. Why JCP? Normal questions. Just be yourself (:   Answer Question
    no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

I applied online some weeks ago and finally got a call. During the call they ask you a few questikns and set up an interview date and time. During the interview you work with a group. I was orginally supposed to work with 2 other people but 1 person ended up showing up late so it was just me and someone else. And while in the interview shr had us to look at a picture for 10secs and after the 10secs you will then construct your group on how to build the picture and can't toucj the blocks. After about 15mins or you successfully build the figure she took the other person in a seperate room for a few mins then came and interviewed me a little. After that she asked when could I come to the second interview. In the second interview with the manager he sat down and asked questions and then welcomed me to the team. He informed me that they were going to put my application through for my background check. And will recieve a call in 5-7 days.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

First interview done over the phone. Second interview was done as group of six people. During the interview we had five minutes to create a sales pitch to present to the rest of the group. Once every one made their pitch the group had to pick the pitch they believed would be the best for the company, there is no right answer. Once this is over they ask if there is any questions, and let you know they will call if you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing for myself was pitching to the class but over all it was a simple interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiate

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

So when I arrived at JCP, one of the sales associates told me go into their break room(that's where all of the other applicants were at). After a few minutes, we were all told to come into an office. There were about 8 of us. It turned out to be a group interview. The interview went amazingly well. Trust me, don't stress. Just do some research of the company beforehand. Be yourself, but think professional.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you approach a customer and inform them that we have _______ available?"   View Answer
    • "If you saw one of your fellow team members not operating correctly or that they looked down, how would you deal with this situation?"   View Answer
    I actually didn't care to negotiate. The rate that they gave me was fine enough. I'm just so happy to be a part of the JCP family.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. Received a call a week later. I was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. They did a background check which took another week. Hired the following week.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult interview questions. Was like a conversation. They asked what my experience was in sales, availability and what department I was interested in working in.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It is entry level sales.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied and got a call to come in for an interview about a week after applying. I had a group interview with 4 other girls an another person who didn't show up. We did the citiblock activity and then talked a little to see how we communicate with one another. Then was told we would hear back on Friday if we got the job. Interview was on Tuesday. Its been 2 weeks already and I haven't heard back. So I'm guessing I didn't get the job I hope I'm wrong could really use the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just asked How could we say how can i help you in a different way.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

They must have been in desperate need because I was not asked any particular question about my experience. It was a group interviewed, we all introduced ourselves and were taken to separate rooms. I was told right away that they wanted to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

I applied online and I recieved a call for an interview within 2 days. My interview was on a tuesday and that thursday I recieved a call with my start date. The interview was very short and mainly was the HR person talking about the store. We did have to do an activity where we had to sell her an item.

Interview Questions
    • What's your availability?   Answer Question
    • Which department would you like to work in?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • A lady come in with no idea on what to purchase and has no clue on who she is shopping for. What do you tell or ask her to help?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Just an easy interview where they asked why i want to work in J.C Penney and about my experience and stuff.. A easy one and very nice and friendly store manager.

Interview Questions
    • A situation where I had dealt with an angry customer.. and how did I solve the issue   Answer Question
    Reasonable

Visual Specialist Interview

I was called in for an interview a week after I applied. I was hired on the spot and started working in two weeks (I had a previous job). The pay was low ($9 per hour) but I needed the experience. Before I started working I had to take a few quizzes to learn the register and sales tools.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about the company, why do you want to work here?... easy questions.   Answer Question
    I was offered full-time at $8 per hour and when I declined he offered me $9. It's still low but I took it.