J. C. Penney Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview that involved teamwork. All interviewees built a house of blocks. Was strange, but everyone in my interview group was hired so we must have done well. I believe they were looking for teamwork skills and general personality traits.

Negotiation

No negotiation but they accepted the salary I requested on my application.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Wichita, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview 2 weeks later. After sharing my experience, which includes management and retail sales, and going through behavioral questions, I had applied for Department Supervisor, but after my initial phone screen I was asked to apply to for Commissioned Sales, and assured that if I show my ability to lead I will have the opportunity to advance. Next was the face to face, which was not bad, just be prepared! The first question was if I had a copy of my resume. Two weeks later I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What was your greatest success?
      How organized are you on a scale of 1 - 10?
      Describe a time you had a conflict with a co- worker.
      Sell me a credit card from your previous employer.
      What motivates you to drive sales?

Answer Question

Talent Resource Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when. They dove into personal experiences through decision making. They asked pointed questions about your background and level of responsibilities. They asked questions that were very similar but had twists. They also talked about strengths and opportunities

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss?   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Montgomery, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview consist of four for me. We were called into a conference room. There were colored blocks on the table. Each of us were to view a model on the ipad for ten seconds and after that instruct the other three members how to construct it without yourself touching the blocks. We rotate and take turning doing this until the 15 minutes was up or the model was done correctly within tat time. Afterward we were giving each a paper with scenarios on it. We pick one out of the two we think is the best and try to convince the other members that your ideas is the best and at the end we voted on one ideas. We were then call individually into a separate room to know if we are hire or not.

Interview Questions

• Give an adjective that begin with the same first letter of your name.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Had 4 interviews and I did great. I was promised an offer in few days. But got a mail from recruiter after a month that the management has changed and they were unable to decide which group will fund that position. So they put the position on hold. I felt like I wasted time waiting for the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Phone interview then the hiring manager calls. If they like you, they call you to the HQ. Prepare for a long day there. Seems like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• How do u manage time between between parallel projects?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Interview

Applied online, through snagajob.com. Got a call only 3 days later. It was a weird group interview with 6 other people who weren't applying for the same position. it was a group puzzle that had to be solved to pass the stage of the interview. All in all it was ok

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Edina, MN).

Interview

Easy interview 1 interview not much was asked just experience. I interviewed with one person and I received a call back that day. The background check can take sometime depending on the timing of it. If you have a record don't bother.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really none. Base it off experience.

Temp Holiday Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

JCP performed a group interview for this position. Unlike the standard one-on-one Q&A, they are interested in how you interact in a group setting, deal with challenges, setbacks, failure, and whether or not you recover quickly, slowly, or not at all. Our group of 7 was very ethnically diverse, which I found encouraging. We were tasked with the challenge of using colorful wood block to build a structure pictured on an iPad. One person looked at the picture and instructed the others to assemble the structure, and could not touch the blocks themselves. Every 60 seconds the iPad changed hands and a new person had to continue the instructions. This continues until the structure is built. The goal of the exercise is to see who participates, who sits out, who instructs well, who follows directions and who recovers from failure, because the structure will fall down with 6 people all trying to assemble it at once.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something unusual or unexpected about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered their hourly max up front, there was no wiggle room.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. I didn't know companies still did group interviews. It was a group interview based on how you would interact with customers and how available you are

Interview Questions

• How would you Handle a customer who wants to return something past 30 days   Answer Question