J. C. Penney

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call two days after I applied and had an interview with in the week. Very simple interview, only a few questions.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question. Very basic, like have you worked retail before? What is your best quality? Etc...   Answer Question

Roseville, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, filled out a questionnaire and was called for an informal group interview which was very aid back. After 3 days I received a call and was hired.

Interview Question – What describes you in a word?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the next day I was called to come in for an interview. I was told I'd be interviewing with 3 different people. It was all very basic, the first lady was very nice, just asking questions like why do you want to work hear and asking about past experiences. Went smoothly, and then she brought in the second lady. She was very laid-back as well, and asked many of the same questions, and also asked me to roll-play as if I were a cashier and she was a customer and I was ringing something up. Seemed odd considering this wasn't really a sales job. Apparently the positions here require a completely open schedule which I couldn't do, and she didn't have me see the 3rd person. Was the easiest interview I'd ever done.

Interview Question – Pretend I'm a customer and I'm buying this item, and you're the cashier.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

JC Penney Cashier

Interview Details – I applied online and about 3 days later i was called in for an interview, I first meet with a manager and she sent me into another room to interview with another manager. They never asked my "interview style" instead they just described the job. They were all really nice and called 2 hours after I left to offer me the job I wanted and i accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay was already set

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. C. Penney

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney JC Penney Cashier interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees and interview candidates.