J. C. Penney

1.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2013.

Applied online, took personality test online, was called next day. Had a group interview. Took turns answering questions. Was a fun and enjoyable interview. I flet good, when I answered and another interviewer repeated what I had come up with.

Interview Questions
  • What we could do to help a customer that was dissatisfied.   View Answer
Hired on at a base pay with increase after 2 weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2011.

Applied online, filled out a questionnaire and was called for an informal group interview which was very aid back. After 3 days I received a call and was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

Got a phone call two days after I applied and had an interview with in the week. Very simple interview, only a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question. Very basic, like have you worked retail before? What is your best quality? Etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

I applied online, and the next day I was called to come in for an interview. I was told I'd be interviewing with 3 different people. It was all very basic, the first lady was very nice, just asking questions like why do you want to work hear and asking about past experiences. Went smoothly, and then she brought in the second lady. She was very laid-back as well, and asked many of the same questions, and also asked me to roll-play as if I were a cashier and she was a customer and I was ringing something up. Seemed odd considering this wasn't really a sales job. Apparently the positions here require a completely open schedule which I couldn't do, and she didn't have me see the 3rd person. Was the easiest interview I'd ever done.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm a customer and I'm buying this item, and you're the cashier.   Answer Question

JC Penney Cashier Interview

I applied online and about 3 days later i was called in for an interview, I first meet with a manager and she sent me into another room to interview with another manager. They never asked my "interview style" instead they just described the job. They were all really nice and called 2 hours after I left to offer me the job I wanted and i accepted.

pay was already set