J. C. Penney JC Penney Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Frederick, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview where they asked us to work together in order to come up with a solution to a company problem. We were also given scenarios that come up in the workplace and how we would answer them. The groups were split up into teams of three.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Fayetteville, AR) in November 2014.

Interview

small interview. I read in other interviews that they did group interviews but I didn't which was great because I do not like group interviews. He didn't ask hard questions or anything tricky. It was easy and fast.

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lone Tree, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

I was part of a group interview. They had us do various tasks together and switch off leading and following. We built a block tower together by one person looking at an iPad and describing the tower to the other people; then every half minute we would have to hand it off to the next person to describe. We also each looked at a different direction to take the company and had to argue our direction and then agree on one in the end.

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Grandville, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took personality test online, was called next day. Had a group interview. Took turns answering questions. Was a fun and enjoyable interview. I flet good, when I answered and another interviewer repeated what I had come up with.

Interview Questions

• What we could do to help a customer that was dissatisfied.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hired on at a base pay with increase after 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Filled application with request for schooling time off and Sunday mornings. These requests were not honored. A candidate should be informed prior to a job offer if these types of requests cannot be offered so that the candidate does not appear to be a difficult employee if they have to go back and remind the employee of these prior obligations.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, filled out a questionnaire and was called for an informal group interview which was very aid back. After 3 days I received a call and was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Got a phone call two days after I applied and had an interview with in the week. Very simple interview, only a few questions.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question. Very basic, like have you worked retail before? What is your best quality? Etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Bellevue, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and the next day I was called to come in for an interview. I was told I'd be interviewing with 3 different people. It was all very basic, the first lady was very nice, just asking questions like why do you want to work hear and asking about past experiences. Went smoothly, and then she brought in the second lady. She was very laid-back as well, and asked many of the same questions, and also asked me to roll-play as if I were a cashier and she was a customer and I was ringing something up. Seemed odd considering this wasn't really a sales job. Apparently the positions here require a completely open schedule which I couldn't do, and she didn't have me see the 3rd person. Was the easiest interview I'd ever done.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a customer and I'm buying this item, and you're the cashier.   Answer Question

JC Penney Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 days later i was called in for an interview, I first meet with a manager and she sent me into another room to interview with another manager. They never asked my "interview style" instead they just described the job. They were all really nice and called 2 hours after I left to offer me the job I wanted and i accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pay was already set

JC Penney Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hou-shan, T'ai-pei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Hou-shan, T'ai-pei (Taiwan)) in January 2011.

Interview

phone and walk in interview it was fast easy good discounts on items next to food court late nights to work work every holiday didn't like the manger work with school days