J. C. Penney Jewelry Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.4

Jewelry Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I first received a short over the phone interview just asking about my availability , then after that we had a group interview of 5 people including myself .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Very professional and quick. Asked standard retail questions, nothing overly tricky.

Interview Questions

• how would you convince a customer to purchase a piece of jewelry   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial communication via email with resume. Interviewed w/Manager. He then said 1/3 of my job was not sales, but repairing and/or putting batteries in watches. 1/3 costume jewelry (no commission), and only 1/3 commission sales. Minimum wages plus 1% commission. Offered position upon 2nd interview with Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate how you would handle a "role" situation with a t customer with a request for a unique ring.   1 Answer

Department Manager was to set up final interview with Store Manager 2 days later. NEVER heard back from him until 2 weeks later. He then said Store Manager was busy and chose other candidate, but was still offering me the position as a "temporary" holiday sales person, instead of the permanent part-time position I applied for.

Jewelry Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2010.

Interview

I put in my online application about two weeks prior to getting the call from the Jewelry Manager. Once I received the call I was told the interview would be the next day and that he would like to talk to me in the jewelry department. I got there about 15 minutes early and asked for him in the Jewelry Section. Once I found the manager, we went upstairs into a series of different office spaces for the managers. Once we got upstairs, he asked me to sit down and said he would ask me a few questions however, he does not have the checklist for the questions so he will just ask them. Mostly, though it was a conversation and he asked two questions which were "Describe your retail experience" and "What would you do if a customer was frustrated and wanted a size 6 black pants and couldn't find them?" Needless to say I thought I had aced the interview, but he couldn't get a hold of the store manager to interview me, told me he would call me on Monday, never did.

Interview Questions

• "A customer is frustrated and can't find a size 6 black pants, what do you do?"   1 Answer

Jewelry Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2010.

Interview

Called me in for an interview on a Tuesday and went and talked with the district manager. He asked me basic questions like where do I see myself in five years. Wasn't offerered the job because of my background check.