J. C. Penney Merchandise Intern Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

After giving my resume to a recruiter at a Career Fair, I got a call about a week and set up a phone interview. The recruiter never called during the scheduled time, I both emailed and called recruiter to reschedule for another time (after waiting for about 45 min). When the recruiter finally called on our second attempt, they made no apology for missing our first interview (I understand that things happen, so a simple apology would have been fine). The phone interview was one of the most uncomfortable interview I have ever had. She seemed like she was doing something else during the interview, and I felt no connection during the interview. I had been interviewing with a lot of companies, and this was by far my most uncomfortable and worst interview. Surprisingly, a week later I got a call saying they would like to fly me down for round 2 interview. The second round interview was two days, all expense paid. The first day we got a tour of HQ and talked to previous interns. .Afterwards we went to dinner and I could tell they were trying to make it seem more laid back, but was definitely part of the interview process. The next day was the interview, it was a 3 on 1 interview, and everyone in the room had been with the company for more than 15 years. It was a lot of behavioral questions and asking about your knowledge with excel. I felt much better about this interview than the phone one, but still not confident. Although I did not get an offer, I think it was a positive thing in the long run as the company seems to be going down hill fast.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Merchandising Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in December 2010.

I had an overall great experience interviewing at JCP. I was flown down from NYC to interview for two days. They put us in a very nice hotel, and all travel/meals were paid for. The interview is very tough. Lots of behavioral questions. I interviewed with three people at the same time. Decided not to take the internship because I have no interest in relocating to Dallas, but the company is great and they seem to really care about their employees.

Interview Questions

Didn't want to relocate.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!