J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Plano, TX

Updated Aug 20, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PA Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2014.

The first step was an HR phone interview. The second step was a phone interview with 4 Managers, 2 half an hour interviews. The third step was an office interview with 4 Directors, 2 half an hour interviews and a group case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2013.

2 phone interviews, first one was an easy HR one. Second was split into 2 interviews with management.

3rd interview is at the home office. 2 face to face interview and 1 group case study. Case study mostly focuses on group collaboration and thought process.

Interview Questions
    • It was a typical corporate interview so nothing really caught me off guard   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online - interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2014.

phone interview was the first step and then if they liked you they would be calling you in to have another two phone interview. last step is a small case study

Interview Questions
    • Will ask you if you have any questions before you start   Answer Question

Business Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2014.

First step was a phone interview with the recruiter, second step was 2 30-minute phone interviews with 2 executives on each call, third step is a home office tour and then the home office interview. The home office interview consists of 2 30-minute face-to-face interviews, followed by a group case study project with up to five executives sitting in on the process. They were very quick in letting you know ASAP that you made it through to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Have you manipulated data to solve problems, 2) Describe a situation when you came up with a solution to a problem but it didn't work out so you had to come up with another solution, 3) Have you ever taken a leadership role in your classes, doing something that wasn't required of you   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2013.

The interview process was three interviews long for me: 1) Phone screen 2) Face to face with HR 3) Face to Face roundtable with multiple members of the division

The process is pretty standard. They don't try any intimidation tactics, or any really difficult lines of questioning to confuse you. They want to know if you're a fit for the team you'll be working on and whether you'll add value in a way that someone else will not.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates you from the other candidates we are considering for this job? What is the ideal team dynamic you are seeking in a new position?   Answer Question
    It was long because I was negotiating with two other companies at the same time. They were willing to match or beat every offer given by the other companies to a certain point past the original offer.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2014.

First HR, then Skype Interview then in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I did a phone interview for the Business Analyst Trainee position. The interviewing process consists of 3 phases: 1) phone interview, 2) two 30-minute interviews with members of merchandising(?) team, 3) on-site interview at home office. In the phone interview, she began by asking up front if I had any questions about the position or anything. Then she asked questions like- Why you applied/interested in the position? What experience in excel you have? Explain how number manipulation works in excel (like formulas)? Explain product allocation and how it works? Explain how profit and loss work? (I saw this one on reviews but didn't think much of it, so make sure you have a way of answering that). Overall, she was very pleasant and friendly. My scheduled phone interview was at 10:00 am, and she didn't call until about 10:30, so I was kind of caught off guard because I didn't think she was going to call! Not a difficult interview, but not the typical screening/basic background type one either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2013.

Uploaded resume via university career center & was emailed the same day from JCP recruiter. Had a basic phone screen. After passing that, went on to two 30 minute phone interviews with JCP employees in allocation. After that was flown out to Dallas to Headquarters for two days of final round interviews. First day was a tour, Q&A panel, and mingling hour. Second day was 2 live 30 minute interviews followed by an hour long group case study interview & presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to solve a problem twice? Talk about a time when a process you created was ineffective?   View Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I was initially interviewed as a contractor and didn't have an interview since then. The interview was extremely simple: One interview, a few questions, hired on the spot.

My contracting agency negotiated everything for me. I didn't really have to do any of that with JCPenney myself.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2013.

Applied online and three weeks later received a call from corporate recuriter. Called in for followup interviews at corporate office. Interviewed with all decision makers on same day. Process was well defined and interviews when smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Question from HR manager regarding the type of manager I wanted to work for was unexpected. It felt to me as though they were working to model managers with new or different managers going forward.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase went as expected with no material hurdles to over come. Benefits and salary were in line with the skill sets required and also within industry guide lines

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!