J. C. Penney Pricing Team Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Pricing Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Manteca, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few weeks later for a group interview. I had done a group interview for the same place of employment a year before but was not hired. We all shared a little about ourselves including where our dream vacation would be and then did a group puzzle exercise which was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. We were then all called in one by one to do a quick one on one interview. I was the last called and met another manager. I was offered a position and started a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate considering the job was seasonal and entry level.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Pricing Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Reno, NV).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about a week later and went in for an interview the next day. Meet with the department manager first. Then meet with the Assistant Manager and he asked me typical interview questions. How would you handle different situations? Why do you want to work here? Nothing too hard. Hired that day. Waited almost two weeks for drug and background check.

Pricing Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Moline, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed twice. The first was a Saturday with a department supervisor. We went through availability and she asked a few questions like "When was a time you did more than required of you at your previous job?" We also discussed my experience pertaining to the job and she took me through the responsibilities and tasks included in the position. The second interview was the following Tuesday with the assistant manager. It was very laid back and simple. She asked me a few questions about how my previous employer would rate my performance. She told me the company guidelines and procedures then offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What standards did you use as far as providing customer service at your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The starting pay rate was already better than what I received at my last retail job so I was pleased.

Pricing Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online got called for an interview after about a week. The first interview was 1:1 with the department manager of the department I would be working in. She asked question about my availability, why I wanted to work there,and why they should hire me. At the end of the interview she asked me to come back the following day for a second interview. The second interview was a group interview and we were asked simple questions like what we would do if so saw another associate stealing and how would we handle angry customers. We were told we would get a call the next day if we were hired but it took them 4 days to call me back. I was offered a job and I accepted.