J. C. Penney Replenishment Associate Interview Questions

2.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arcadia, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2014.

The first interview was a group interview with two parts. First you were divided into groups and each given a paper with two scenarios. You had to choose one and then present it to your group, then your group chooses one to present to everyone. It felt like a high school class activity. Next, some people are released and the remaining candidates are sent to a department in the store, given 10 minutes to get familiar, and then has to role play sales person/customer with one of the interviewers. Next you are called back for a one on one interview with a supervisor.

The interview was easy, but the frustrating part is that they didn't tell me they were considering me for a completely different position than what I applied for. I did not find this out until midway through the second interview, which I do not think is very professional. I was also not given an explanation as to the switch, and it did not seem the position I had applied for had been filled or closed.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2011.

Was called by HR manager two days after applying online and notified of group interview. Group interview consisted of 20 others, which made it difficult to respond to questions; best advice is to raise your hand and wait until being called upon. Store general manager and assistant manager were also present, taking notes. HR manager, who conducted the interview, was VERY outgoing and wanted lively conversation. If you are intent on working here, it's imperative you take the initiative and volunteer answers to the questions posed–which was difficult for an introvert like me. The questions are not hard, but getting your voice heard can be. Group was also split into two teams and instructed to role-play a Survivor-esque nomination of one last person standing. Finally, all managers left the room, and each applicant was called out individually to learn their fate. Interview took 1.5 hours.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2010.

I was called on a Monday and was told I had an interview that Wednesday at 6:30 pm. I got there about fifteen minutes early and met another person who was waiting for an interview scheduled just before me.
    The interviewer asked about my work background and education background. He asked me to give him three words to describe myself. To me it seemed like it went well. He even told me he liked my availability and my background. Seemed like it definitely had the job. But...this wasn't the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2009.

I was contacted by phone by the Store Manager since Hiring Manager was on vacation. Went on the interview, Store Manager and Assistant Manager were there in her office. Store Manager asked generic questions read from a template that is asked of all people on a interview. Questions were mostly about retail scenarios and what could happen and how I would handle any given situation. After that, I was asked a few more questions not from a template and it was a friendly atmosphere. The Store Manager hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions asked.   View Answer
    There is no negotiating. They already know what they are going to offer you. If you don't take the low pay and part time work, there is always someone waiting in line, so to speak, to take the job. I asked for 25 hours a week at least, they promised that on the interview, but do not always live up to this promise. It makes it difficult to pay bills when you are not given the hours promised.

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2012.

It was super fast, which I don't know if that's good or bad. But she only had a few questions, she explained to me the duties (which really wasn't much) and hours, etc., then she asked if I had any questions, which I asked a few just to show that I actually cared. Basically, the main thing is customer service. After you would take care of your other duties (replenishing the store, cleaning up after customers, folding, making sure everything looks neat), then you would just go around and interact with the customers. Answering any questions, helping them shop, handling any complaints, and just making sure they enjoyed their visit. So that was the main part of the job. But like I said, it was fast, I was in and I was out. She said she would be making calls to all the applicants in a few days, so now I'm just waiting. Overall, I think I did pretty good, answering the questions well.
    Tip: show your interviewer that you can do well in customer service. Give him/her examples of times where you provided great customer service, show him/her that you are friendly and SMILE a lot. I think that's what they want the most.

Replenishment Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2012.

I applied online. Missed initial phone call. Finally was able to contact manager who called. Went in for panel interview with 3 people. Asked questions regarding customer service, past employment history.

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

Began the interview by talking with the departmental supervisor. This interview was about 15 minutes long and she asked me a lot of questions about how I thought my background would prepare me for this job (it is early mornings and very physical work). She was very up front about what the job would be like. When I "passed" her interview, I would have moved on to her supervisor, but he was busy, so the next interview (same day) was with the assistant store manager (the departmental supervisor sat in on this). The assistant store manager asked me what he called "canned" questions that the company requires be asked and then proceeded to ask his own questions, more about why I wanted the job, how long I'd been looking, etc. I "passed" this stage and then went to a third interview (again, same day) with the store manager. He detailed processes for me about the job, asked how I felt about mundane work, difficult physical labor, my career goals and dedication to the job. The three interviews together lasted two hours and ended with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been looking for a job?   Answer Question
    • Are you prepared to arrive for work at 5:00 am?   Answer Question
    • Can you live with only knowing your final schedule 48 hours in advance day to day?   Answer Question
    An offer was made to me based on my having "no related experience". I pointed out that I had a year of prior retail in a grocery store setting. The store manager acknowledged that this counted and made another offer based on my experience level. Basically, if you have anything at all that's related, mention it, because JC Penney pays for experience.

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2011.

I was called a day or two after I applied online and had an interview with a lady about a week later. She didn't ask me any typical interview questions just talked to me about school and my other job and then she told me she wanted the next lady up to interview me and when she came in she told me the first interviewer really liked me and so after talking for about 3 minutes she told me she liked me as well and I was hired pending my background check.

$8.00 set

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2010.

They called on the phone the evening before and was told to be there the next day for a group intervieiw

No negotiation.. Salary was upfront

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2010.

Applied online Saturday, got a call on Monday and interviewed Tuesday. The night before the interview I had studied questions they were most likley to ask me. Meet with a team leader/manger who was very pleasent and super nice. I was only asked a few questions about previous work experiance and we did a couple of role playing type customer service questions. I then went and spoke with the store manager who was also very nice and friendly. It felt more like a conversation with a new friend than an interview. It was not at all what I expected. I also have not interviewed for a job in 8yrs so I was a little bit nervous..... I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!