Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at J. C. Penney
- Sales Associate (204)
- Customer Service Associate (51)
- Customer Service Specialist (25)
- Support Specialist (25)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (24)
- Sales Specialist (16)
- Service Specialist (15)
- Customer Service Sales Associate (14)
- Replenishment Associate (13)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Retail Sales Associate (11)
- Customer Service Representative (11)
- Loss Prevention Officer (8)
- Associate (8)
- Cashier (8)
- Visual Specialist (7)
- Sales Support/Replenishment (7)
- Department Supervisor (7)
- Supply Chain Trainee (6)
- Sales Manager (6)
- Sales Manager Trainee (6)
- Visual Merchandiser (6)
- Intern (5)
- JC Penney Cashier (5)
- Pricing Team Associate (4)
- Sales Support (4)
- Sales Support Associate (4)
- Assistant Store Manager (4)
- Jewelry Associate (4)
- Hair Stylist (4)
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA).
Be prepared for group interviews. Tons of example questions, customer service questions, scenario questions. They ask which department you would like to work in and they really do take that into consideration because you might get stuck recovering in it until 12 at night. They will not let you leave until its cleaned
- tons of example questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 5 days – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA) in October 2011.
Applied online, filled out a questionnaire and was called for an informal group interview which was very aid back. After 3 days I received a call and was hired.
- What describes you in a word? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA) in May 2011.
I submitted an online application and was called a week later to schedule a group interview. The group interview had approximately 15 people, and consisted of three managers asking questions and choosing from people who had raised their hands to answer. It lasted one hour.
- Describe a difficult ethical situation you encountered at a previous position, and how you responded to it. Answer Question
I did not negotiate since it was an entry level position.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA) in August 2010.
same as all other interview processes for entry level sales. what you did before and what you can bring, your personality and to measure how outgoing and friendly you are. Interviewer hardly looked like she was listening.
- situational question and how to handle it. Answer Question
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA) in March 2010.
Four interviews in total. I interviewed with the home office, with the Store Leader , with the Field Operations Leader and with the District Manager . All the interviews were about 20-30 minutes long.
- They asked allot of questions in regard to coaching a team, I did not find these difficult. Answer Question
They asked what my expected pay would be and I was offered that amount.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review