J. C. Penney

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roseville, CA

I applied online - interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2010.

Interview Details – same as all other interview processes for entry level sales. what you did before and what you can bring, your personality and to measure how outgoing and friendly you are. Interviewer hardly looked like she was listening.

Interview Question – situational question and how to handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – Be prepared for group interviews. Tons of example questions, customer service questions, scenario questions. They ask which department you would like to work in and they really do take that into consideration because you might get stuck recovering in it until 12 at night. They will not let you leave until its cleaned

Interview Question – tons of example questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 8.00

Salon Leader Interview

Salon Leader
Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2010.

Interview Details – Four interviews in total. I interviewed with the home office, with the Store Leader , with the Field Operations Leader and with the District Manager . All the interviews were about 20-30 minutes long.

Interview Question – They asked allot of questions in regard to coaching a team, I did not find these difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what my expected pay would be and I was offered that amount.

Roseville, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and was called a week later to schedule a group interview. The group interview had approximately 15 people, and consisted of three managers asking questions and choosing from people who had raised their hands to answer. It lasted one hour.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult ethical situation you encountered at a previous position, and how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate since it was an entry level position.

JC Penney Cashier Interview

JC Penney Cashier
Roseville, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, filled out a questionnaire and was called for an informal group interview which was very aid back. After 3 days I received a call and was hired.

Interview Question – What describes you in a word?   Answer Question

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!