J. C. Penney

Average Difficulty
169 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within days i was called by the manager for an interview. When i went inside, surprisingly there were 3 other people waiting inside. (Southland Mall in Miami Florida) The manger put us in a room and gave us a sheet of paper and we had to pick 1 out of 4 new business ideas for the company. After that the managers walked out to talk about us i guess. When they came back they gave us a scenario. I had to act like i worked in the footwear department and i had to sell the product to the manager. We were all told to come back tomorrow and meet th manager so im guessing we all got the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if your department didnt have the correct shoe size?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was open to any pay. Thats the best way to go

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2013.

Interview Details – Short interviewing at the job fair. I was looking for informational interview so it was very easy and the interview was very open and willing to give all the details about the position and what someone could expect

Reason for Declining – only personal reasons

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the next day I called them for a follow up. I asked for a application status update and an interview. The HR replied by asking me the questions "tell me about yourself and why J.C. Penney?"

Interview Question – 1. If you could change one thing about your previous job, what would it be?
2. Why do you want to work here?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $9.00/hr and took it without negotiation since it was more than what I wanted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Concord, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with manager. The interview consisted of 30 minutes of conversation. Was hired immediately. I was given a quick tour and was told the department I was assigned to work in. I then had to sit at a computer and input personal information for HR. Once that was completed I was given hours and told they changed weekly there were no set schedules.

Interview Question – I was't given difficult questions. They were all pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They pay low and don't give you room to move in.

Farmington, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2012.

Interview Details – I really wanted this job, I called many times asking for an interview. I finally got it. It was quick and painless. Looking back I would have thought more inquiry would have been necessary.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you overcame a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Woodbridge, VA

I interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2014.

Interview Details – There are group interviews every Tuesday followed up by an individual interview. It is fairly simple and easy to get hired if you have the right attitude. The HR is very nice, and I actually enjoyed the process.

Interview Question – Trying to make a sales pitch to other people   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at J. C. Penney

Interview Details – Questions was not that difficult. Know about the company values. Know what is on your resume. Hiring manager was nice. I had two in person interviews. Overall it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Offer given and I accepted.

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – Be prepared for group interviews. Tons of example questions, customer service questions, scenario questions. They ask which department you would like to work in and they really do take that into consideration because you might get stuck recovering in it until 12 at night. They will not let you leave until its cleaned

Interview Question – tons of example questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 8.00

El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online in Nov right after black Friday...I actually had forgot I applied when I got a phone call and the next day I had an interview it was a basic interview. The man offered me the position and I came in the next day to start the training that last two full days and then I was placed out on the floor now tho the interview follows with a team building exercise where they weave out those who do not speak up and are not leaders so speak up and be loud and proud at that time because they are watching you.

Interview Question – Everything was straight forward for me but like I said the interview thing has changed it is now done in a group and you play a leadership game then is deff not the time to stay quite.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation you got min wage and that is where you will stay.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – First interview with direct supervisor, very relaxed, asked about experience, aspirations....then interviewed with Assistant Store Manager, very quick, greet and meet, how are you..I was told the hourly rate and I accepted pending my background check. All very easy.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, take it or leave it

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!