J. C. Penney

Updated Jan 23, 2015

1.9

198 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I was called back quickly for an interview. Was scheduled fast and went in to find friendly manager interviewing me. They laid out the job description well and asked why i thought i would be right for the job. Lots of questions about scenarios and how i would handle that.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview that involved teamwork. All interviewees built a house of blocks. Was strange, but everyone in my interview group was hired so we must have done well. I believe they were looking for teamwork skills and general personality traits.

No negotiation but they accepted the salary I requested on my application.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview process was simple and easy. I didn't know companies still did group interviews. It was a group interview based on how you would interact with customers and how available you are

Interview Questions
    • How would you Handle a customer who wants to return something past 30 days   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online and there is a large questionnaire. You have to get a certain score or else it automatically declines you. Just when answering, ask yourself how a good retail associate would answer.

Interview Questions
    • Once getting past the personality questionnaire, it is really simple. Just asked questions about how to talk to people, and what to do if a customer is upset.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Only one interview and they just went over why I wanted to be apart of the company. They also asked me if I had worked anywhere previous. There was an opening in the shoe department and told me they feel that would suit me so I accepted. The did seem desperate because it was before black friday and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult situation, in a professional workplace, that you have dealt with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Terrible interview. it was a group interview we were seated around the room and human resources ask us one question: Tell me about yourself.
    Then they will give you a paper with 2 choices that can increase sales, you choose which would be a better choice and explain to everybody why. then we wait nearly 20 mins while the human resource manager goes check on the candidates i think?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied through other source – interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Easy group interview. I applied through I need and got a call a couple days later. We had to read scenarios and see which one would be best for the business. We also had a building block exercise where we had to work as a team to remember the image they showed us to build.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for jc penny
      What other jobs have I had in the past

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I saw a advertisement on a hallway billboard for a seasonal help position. I applied at the store and latter received a call for an interview. The interview was easy and i got the job on the spot. After the holiday season was over I was offered a Sales Associate position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

They must have been in desperate need because I was not asked any particular question about my experience. It was a group interviewed, we all introduced ourselves and were taken to separate rooms. I was told right away that they wanted to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

I applied online some weeks ago and finally got a call. During the call they ask you a few questikns and set up an interview date and time. During the interview you work with a group. I was orginally supposed to work with 2 other people but 1 person ended up showing up late so it was just me and someone else. And while in the interview shr had us to look at a picture for 10secs and after the 10secs you will then construct your group on how to build the picture and can't toucj the blocks. After about 15mins or you successfully build the figure she took the other person in a seperate room for a few mins then came and interviewed me a little. After that she asked when could I come to the second interview. In the second interview with the manager he sat down and asked questions and then welcomed me to the team. He informed me that they were going to put my application through for my background check. And will recieve a call in 5-7 days.