J. C. Penney

Updated Dec 12, 2014

1.9

194 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview process was simple and easy. I didn't know companies still did group interviews. It was a group interview based on how you would interact with customers and how available you are

Interview Questions
  • How would you Handle a customer who wants to return something past 30 days   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online and there is a large questionnaire. You have to get a certain score or else it automatically declines you. Just when answering, ask yourself how a good retail associate would answer.

Interview Questions
    • Once getting past the personality questionnaire, it is really simple. Just asked questions about how to talk to people, and what to do if a customer is upset.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Only one interview and they just went over why I wanted to be apart of the company. They also asked me if I had worked anywhere previous. There was an opening in the shoe department and told me they feel that would suit me so I accepted. The did seem desperate because it was before black friday and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult situation, in a professional workplace, that you have dealt with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Terrible interview. it was a group interview we were seated around the room and human resources ask us one question: Tell me about yourself.
    Then they will give you a paper with 2 choices that can increase sales, you choose which would be a better choice and explain to everybody why. then we wait nearly 20 mins while the human resource manager goes check on the candidates i think?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I saw a advertisement on a hallway billboard for a seasonal help position. I applied at the store and latter received a call for an interview. The interview was easy and i got the job on the spot. After the holiday season was over I was offered a Sales Associate position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

They must have been in desperate need because I was not asked any particular question about my experience. It was a group interviewed, we all introduced ourselves and were taken to separate rooms. I was told right away that they wanted to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

I applied online some weeks ago and finally got a call. During the call they ask you a few questikns and set up an interview date and time. During the interview you work with a group. I was orginally supposed to work with 2 other people but 1 person ended up showing up late so it was just me and someone else. And while in the interview shr had us to look at a picture for 10secs and after the 10secs you will then construct your group on how to build the picture and can't toucj the blocks. After about 15mins or you successfully build the figure she took the other person in a seperate room for a few mins then came and interviewed me a little. After that she asked when could I come to the second interview. In the second interview with the manager he sat down and asked questions and then welcomed me to the team. He informed me that they were going to put my application through for my background check. And will recieve a call in 5-7 days.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

First interview done over the phone. Second interview was done as group of six people. During the interview we had five minutes to create a sales pitch to present to the rest of the group. Once every one made their pitch the group had to pick the pitch they believed would be the best for the company, there is no right answer. Once this is over they ask if there is any questions, and let you know they will call if you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing for myself was pitching to the class but over all it was a simple interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

Just an easy interview where they asked why i want to work in J.C Penney and about my experience and stuff.. A easy one and very nice and friendly store manager.

Interview Questions
    • A situation where I had dealt with an angry customer.. and how did I solve the issue   Answer Question
    Reasonable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

I applied online and I recieved a call for an interview within 2 days. My interview was on a tuesday and that thursday I recieved a call with my start date. The interview was very short and mainly was the HR person talking about the store. We did have to do an activity where we had to sell her an item.

Interview Questions
    • What's your availability?   Answer Question
    • Which department would you like to work in?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • A lady come in with no idea on what to purchase and has no clue on who she is shopping for. What do you tell or ask her to help?   View Answer