J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview was in 2013 and was a group interview that lasted five hours long that consisted of different trials. First trial was using building blocks to demonstrate how well you work in a team. Second trial was a debate almost, third trial was role playing on the floor, fourth trial was a rack challenge where we were asked to put clothing on a rack and explain why we arranged it the way that we did.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview was very brief and easy. I first was contacted for a job I had not applied for but took the interview anyway. After that I was told I did not get the job because I was better suited for the original position I appled for, a second interview was set up. I received an offer on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions
    They would not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I was called back quickly for an interview. Was scheduled fast and went in to find friendly manager interviewing me. They laid out the job description well and asked why i thought i would be right for the job. Lots of questions about scenarios and how i would handle that.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview that involved teamwork. All interviewees built a house of blocks. Was strange, but everyone in my interview group was hired so we must have done well. I believe they were looking for teamwork skills and general personality traits.

No negotiation but they accepted the salary I requested on my application.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview process was simple and easy. I didn't know companies still did group interviews. It was a group interview based on how you would interact with customers and how available you are

Interview Questions
    • How would you Handle a customer who wants to return something past 30 days   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied online and there is a large questionnaire. You have to get a certain score or else it automatically declines you. Just when answering, ask yourself how a good retail associate would answer.

Interview Questions
    • Once getting past the personality questionnaire, it is really simple. Just asked questions about how to talk to people, and what to do if a customer is upset.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Only one interview and they just went over why I wanted to be apart of the company. They also asked me if I had worked anywhere previous. There was an opening in the shoe department and told me they feel that would suit me so I accepted. The did seem desperate because it was before black friday and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult situation, in a professional workplace, that you have dealt with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Terrible interview. it was a group interview we were seated around the room and human resources ask us one question: Tell me about yourself.
    Then they will give you a paper with 2 choices that can increase sales, you choose which would be a better choice and explain to everybody why. then we wait nearly 20 mins while the human resource manager goes check on the candidates i think?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied through other source – interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Easy group interview. I applied through I need and got a call a couple days later. We had to read scenarios and see which one would be best for the business. We also had a building block exercise where we had to work as a team to remember the image they showed us to build.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for jc penny
      What other jobs have I had in the past

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Group interview with three other applicants and HR supervisor as interviewer. Very informal and relaxed. The interviewer did all of the talking actually. We had to say our names and tell a little about ourselves. Then we had to attempt to build something as a team out of building blocks after seeing a picture of it for a few seconds.