J. C. Penney

Updated Nov 17, 2014

1.9

189 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Only one interview and they just went over why I wanted to be apart of the company. They also asked me if I had worked anywhere previous. There was an opening in the shoe department and told me they feel that would suit me so I accepted. The did seem desperate because it was before black friday and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • What is a difficult situation, in a professional workplace, that you have dealt with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Terrible interview. it was a group interview we were seated around the room and human resources ask us one question: Tell me about yourself.
    Then they will give you a paper with 2 choices that can increase sales, you choose which would be a better choice and explain to everybody why. then we wait nearly 20 mins while the human resource manager goes check on the candidates i think?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I saw a advertisement on a hallway billboard for a seasonal help position. I applied at the store and latter received a call for an interview. The interview was easy and i got the job on the spot. After the holiday season was over I was offered a Sales Associate position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

They must have been in desperate need because I was not asked any particular question about my experience. It was a group interviewed, we all introduced ourselves and were taken to separate rooms. I was told right away that they wanted to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

I applied online some weeks ago and finally got a call. During the call they ask you a few questikns and set up an interview date and time. During the interview you work with a group. I was orginally supposed to work with 2 other people but 1 person ended up showing up late so it was just me and someone else. And while in the interview shr had us to look at a picture for 10secs and after the 10secs you will then construct your group on how to build the picture and can't toucj the blocks. After about 15mins or you successfully build the figure she took the other person in a seperate room for a few mins then came and interviewed me a little. After that she asked when could I come to the second interview. In the second interview with the manager he sat down and asked questions and then welcomed me to the team. He informed me that they were going to put my application through for my background check. And will recieve a call in 5-7 days.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

First interview done over the phone. Second interview was done as group of six people. During the interview we had five minutes to create a sales pitch to present to the rest of the group. Once every one made their pitch the group had to pick the pitch they believed would be the best for the company, there is no right answer. Once this is over they ask if there is any questions, and let you know they will call if you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing for myself was pitching to the class but over all it was a simple interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

Just an easy interview where they asked why i want to work in J.C Penney and about my experience and stuff.. A easy one and very nice and friendly store manager.

Interview Questions
    • A situation where I had dealt with an angry customer.. and how did I solve the issue   Answer Question
    Reasonable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2014.

Filled out application at store on computer including assesment test (what would you do scenerios). Got a call a few days later for interview, easy, usual questions..."why do you want to work here?" Started training few days later, part in a group, part on "register" program on computer. Better to show up in person, I think they decide what dept they want to put you in based on what you look like...young stylish go to junior dept... Dress business casual for interview and if hired.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2014.

I applied online and received a call about 2 days later asking if I could come in for an interview. The manager also told me that the interview would be a group interview and there would be other people with me trying to get the position as well. I went to the interview and it was super simple. They asked no questions at all. We worked as a team to build these blocks and then had to pitch our ideas that we picked and the interview was over. She announced she would call us back telling us if we got the job or not. I got a call about 2 hours later saying I received the job. I got a background check and started training in 3 days and actually started working a week after the interview.

There was no negotiation at all. She never asked what I would like to be paid. I went in to fill out paperwork and it was already a set amount that everyone started with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2014.

I applied online and within days i was called by the manager for an interview. When i went inside, surprisingly there were 3 other people waiting inside. (Southland Mall in Miami Florida) The manger put us in a room and gave us a sheet of paper and we had to pick 1 out of 4 new business ideas for the company. After that the managers walked out to talk about us i guess. When they came back they gave us a scenario. I had to act like i worked in the footwear department and i had to sell the product to the manager. We were all told to come back tomorrow and meet th manager so im guessing we all got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your department didnt have the correct shoe size?   View Answer
    I was open to any pay. Thats the best way to go