J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

1.9

174 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2013.

It was VERY easy nothing scientific, come on, is for a sales job, he just talked about the infinite don'ts: don't do this, don't do that. Then he play a video with examples of how to sale something. then an easy test asking questions related to the video.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2010.

this would like the most toughest part of your day. the interview was so nice. i could not believe my ears when i heard i got the job. i survive the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2014.

They call you and tell you that they've received your application, ask you a few questions such as: why do you want to work at JCP? Or what department you'd like to work in. After that they'll decide if they want you to come in for an interview. Once your there, the head of that JCP will interview you. :) If you get the job, they'll give you your start date and train you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online - interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2010.

same as all other interview processes for entry level sales. what you did before and what you can bring, your personality and to measure how outgoing and friendly you are. Interviewer hardly looked like she was listening.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2013.

Applied for the job in store computer, received a call from a manager couple days later, then had a group interview where I got hired on the spot. The interview was a group interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2013.

Short interviewing at the job fair. I was looking for informational interview so it was very easy and the interview was very open and willing to give all the details about the position and what someone could expect

only personal reasons

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2014.

I applied online and within days i was called by the manager for an interview. When i went inside, surprisingly there were 3 other people waiting inside. (Southland Mall in Miami Florida) The manger put us in a room and gave us a sheet of paper and we had to pick 1 out of 4 new business ideas for the company. After that the managers walked out to talk about us i guess. When they came back they gave us a scenario. I had to act like i worked in the footwear department and i had to sell the product to the manager. We were all told to come back tomorrow and meet th manager so im guessing we all got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your department didnt have the correct shoe size?   View Answer
    I was open to any pay. Thats the best way to go

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2013.

I applied online, and the next day I called them for a follow up. I asked for a application status update and an interview. The HR replied by asking me the questions "tell me about yourself and why J.C. Penney?"

Interview Questions
    • 1. If you could change one thing about your previous job, what would it be?
      2. Why do you want to work here?
        View Answer
    I was offered $9.00/hr and took it without negotiation since it was more than what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2010.

Interviewed with manager. The interview consisted of 30 minutes of conversation. Was hired immediately. I was given a quick tour and was told the department I was assigned to work in. I then had to sit at a computer and input personal information for HR. Once that was completed I was given hours and told they changed weekly there were no set schedules.

Interview Questions
    • I was't given difficult questions. They were all pretty basic.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They pay low and don't give you room to move in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2012.

I really wanted this job, I called many times asking for an interview. I finally got it. It was quick and painless. Looking back I would have thought more inquiry would have been necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you overcame a difficult decision.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!