J. C. Penney

Updated Nov 19, 2014

1.9

190 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Questions was not that difficult. Know about the company values. Know what is on your resume. Hiring manager was nice. I had two in person interviews. Overall it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. Offer given and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Be prepared for group interviews. Tons of example questions, customer service questions, scenario questions. They ask which department you would like to work in and they really do take that into consideration because you might get stuck recovering in it until 12 at night. They will not let you leave until its cleaned

8.00

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2014.

Great experience, the first interview was very different unique and fun. But the second one with the store manager was just a standard interview. The first interview was in a group setting which we did team exercises to see how well we worked together. Then they called me a couple days later and asked if I could come in for an interview with the store manager, I accepted. The interview with the store manager was just your average interview not too hard and good experience I was offered the job on the spot at the end of the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

First interview with direct supervisor, very relaxed, asked about experience, aspirations....then interviewed with Assistant Store Manager, very quick, greet and meet, how are you..I was told the hourly rate and I accepted pending my background check. All very easy.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations, take it or leave it

Sales Associate Interview

Called for interview within week which was in person and not over the phone. Applying was like part of process because it was in front of human resources department

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

After applying online, I was called a couple days later to come in for an interview. There were three other applicants present. We were told that the interview would consist of exercises instead of the traditional question/answer format. For the first exercise, we were shone an image of a structure consisting of wooden blocks. Then we were instructed to take turns giving the other applicants direction to build the image using the same wooden blocks spread out on the table before us. For the second exercise, we were each given a set of four unique marketing ideas then told to pick one and pitch it to the other applicants. We then had to decide which one idea we could all support. The entire interview process took about an hour and a half. I was told they were conducting more interviews but that if I was selected to be hired, I would get a call and an offer letter within the next few days. I received a call the next day offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Interview format was a bit of a surprise but I think it was less stressful than a traditional one.   Answer Question
    Offered a rate I thought was acceptable for my level of experience. Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

I had two interviews in one day and was asked to train the following week. There was really no training involved. they took me on a tour, then had me watch a video and take a test on my first day of training. On my second day, I was asked to work on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • When I started, everything was unexpected because I never got a chance to learn anything. To me the most difficult was having to ask everyone the same question 100 times.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2014.

I filled out an application online and was called the next day. I was asked when I would be available to come in for an interview. Since I was at school, I had to wait two weeks before I could come in. Before I had the chance to call and set up an interview time, I received a call to set up a time. I went in two days later. I thought that the my interview flowed very well. It was scary or intimidating. After talking about my availability and a few other questions I was offered the job on the spot. I'm soo excited to be starting next week!

Interview Questions
    • I did not really think that there were any tough questions. I was asked where I would prefer working?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because this is my first job so I was happy to just have a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2014.

Called to set up an interview fairly quick. It was a group interview of 6 people and it was in 2 parts. The first part was setting up blocks. Each interviewer would go look at a picture of a block structure for 30 seconds and then have to tell the other interviewers how to build it without touching the blocks. After each interviewer had their turn then you would do it again but this time you could touch the blocks. The second part was a presentation. They gave you a sheet with 6 ideas and you had to pick which idea was the best for JC Penny; you then had to present your idea and say why it was the best. I was interviewed by the manager and HR but manager was only in for the first part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2014.

There are group interviews every Tuesday followed up by an individual interview. It is fairly simple and easy to get hired if you have the right attitude. The HR is very nice, and I actually enjoyed the process.

No negotiation