J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I was called back quickly for an interview. Was scheduled fast and went in to find friendly manager interviewing me. They laid out the job description well and asked why i thought i would be right for the job. Lots of questions about scenarios and how i would handle that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview that involved teamwork. All interviewees built a house of blocks. Was strange, but everyone in my interview group was hired so we must have done well. I believe they were looking for teamwork skills and general personality traits.

Negotiation

No negotiation but they accepted the salary I requested on my application.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. I didn't know companies still did group interviews. It was a group interview based on how you would interact with customers and how available you are

Interview Questions

• How would you Handle a customer who wants to return something past 30 days   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

I applied online and there is a large questionnaire. You have to get a certain score or else it automatically declines you. Just when answering, ask yourself how a good retail associate would answer.

Interview Questions

• Once getting past the personality questionnaire, it is really simple. Just asked questions about how to talk to people, and what to do if a customer is upset.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Only one interview and they just went over why I wanted to be apart of the company. They also asked me if I had worked anywhere previous. There was an opening in the shoe department and told me they feel that would suit me so I accepted. The did seem desperate because it was before black friday and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation, in a professional workplace, that you have dealt with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Terrible interview. it was a group interview we were seated around the room and human resources ask us one question: Tell me about yourself. Then they will give you a paper with 2 choices that can increase sales, you choose which would be a better choice and explain to everybody why. then we wait nearly 20 mins while the human resource manager goes check on the candidates i think?

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Wesley Chapel, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview with three other applicants and HR supervisor as interviewer. Very informal and relaxed. The interviewer did all of the talking actually. We had to say our names and tell a little about ourselves. Then we had to attempt to build something as a team out of building blocks after seeing a picture of it for a few seconds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Newport News, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy group interview. I applied through I need and got a call a couple days later. We had to read scenarios and see which one would be best for the business. We also had a building block exercise where we had to work as a team to remember the image they showed us to build.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for jc penny What other jobs have I had in the past   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2014.

Interview

I got called in and had a "group" interview with one other person. The interview lasted maybe thirty minutes and then we each, individually got called into the hallway to talk to the HR manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Monroe, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy, the Hiring Manager was very laid back. We played a couple of team games using leggos, then we were asked to pick something new to add to the store and pitch the idea to the Hiring Manger. It was very easy, no need to be nervous.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the ideas, which one would you pick?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are offered a position, accept it because it's a one in a million.