J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Wesley Chapel, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview with three other applicants and HR supervisor as interviewer. Very informal and relaxed. The interviewer did all of the talking actually. We had to say our names and tell a little about ourselves. Then we had to attempt to build something as a team out of building blocks after seeing a picture of it for a few seconds.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I saw a advertisement on a hallway billboard for a seasonal help position. I applied at the store and latter received a call for an interview. The interview was easy and i got the job on the spot. After the holiday season was over I was offered a Sales Associate position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

Interview

They must have been in desperate need because I was not asked any particular question about my experience. It was a group interviewed, we all introduced ourselves and were taken to separate rooms. I was told right away that they wanted to offer me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Lakeland, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online some weeks ago and finally got a call. During the call they ask you a few questikns and set up an interview date and time. During the interview you work with a group. I was orginally supposed to work with 2 other people but 1 person ended up showing up late so it was just me and someone else. And while in the interview shr had us to look at a picture for 10secs and after the 10secs you will then construct your group on how to build the picture and can't toucj the blocks. After about 15mins or you successfully build the figure she took the other person in a seperate room for a few mins then came and interviewed me a little. After that she asked when could I come to the second interview. In the second interview with the manager he sat down and asked questions and then welcomed me to the team. He informed me that they were going to put my application through for my background check. And will recieve a call in 5-7 days.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

Interview

First interview done over the phone. Second interview was done as group of six people. During the interview we had five minutes to create a sales pitch to present to the rest of the group. Once every one made their pitch the group had to pick the pitch they believed would be the best for the company, there is no right answer. Once this is over they ask if there is any questions, and let you know they will call if you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing for myself was pitching to the class but over all it was a simple interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

Interview

Just an easy interview where they asked why i want to work in J.C Penney and about my experience and stuff.. A easy one and very nice and friendly store manager.

Interview Questions

• A situation where I had dealt with an angry customer.. and how did I solve the issue   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reasonable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbia, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and I recieved a call for an interview within 2 days. My interview was on a tuesday and that thursday I recieved a call with my start date. The interview was very short and mainly was the HR person talking about the store. We did have to do an activity where we had to sell her an item.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability?   Answer Question
    • Which department would you like to work in?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • A lady come in with no idea on what to purchase and has no clue on who she is shopping for. What do you tell or ask her to help?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out application at store on computer including assesment test (what would you do scenerios). Got a call a few days later for interview, easy, usual questions..."why do you want to work here?" Started training few days later, part in a group, part on "register" program on computer. Better to show up in person, I think they decide what dept they want to put you in based on what you look like...young stylish go to junior dept... Dress business casual for interview and if hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy. They asked about me and my retail experience. Offered to make me a lead. And hired me on the spot. I was interviewed by the two HR people that the store has.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle conflict with co-workers   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much less than 5 minuets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney (North Wales, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Got called for an interview about 2 months later. They asked typical interview questions. Nothing too difficult. I got offered the job but had to wait to start until my background check came back which took about a day or so.