J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about 2 days later asking if I could come in for an interview. The manager also told me that the interview would be a group interview and there would be other people with me trying to get the position as well. I went to the interview and it was super simple. They asked no questions at all. We worked as a team to build these blocks and then had to pitch our ideas that we picked and the interview was over. She announced she would call us back telling us if we got the job or not. I got a call about 2 hours later saying I received the job. I got a background check and started training in 3 days and actually started working a week after the interview.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all. She never asked what I would like to be paid. I went in to fill out paperwork and it was already a set amount that everyone started with.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and within days i was called by the manager for an interview. When i went inside, surprisingly there were 3 other people waiting inside. (Southland Mall in Miami Florida) The manger put us in a room and gave us a sheet of paper and we had to pick 1 out of 4 new business ideas for the company. After that the managers walked out to talk about us i guess. When they came back they gave us a scenario. I had to act like i worked in the footwear department and i had to sell the product to the manager. We were all told to come back tomorrow and meet th manager so im guessing we all got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your department didnt have the correct shoe size?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was open to any pay. Thats the best way to go

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Questions was not that difficult. Know about the company values. Know what is on your resume. Hiring manager was nice. I had two in person interviews. Overall it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Offer given and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA).

Interview

Be prepared for group interviews. Tons of example questions, customer service questions, scenario questions. They ask which department you would like to work in and they really do take that into consideration because you might get stuck recovering in it until 12 at night. They will not let you leave until its cleaned

Interview Questions

Negotiation

8.00

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2014.

Interview

Great experience, the first interview was very different unique and fun. But the second one with the store manager was just a standard interview. The first interview was in a group setting which we did team exercises to see how well we worked together. Then they called me a couple days later and asked if I could come in for an interview with the store manager, I accepted. The interview with the store manager was just your average interview not too hard and good experience I was offered the job on the spot at the end of the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

First interview with direct supervisor, very relaxed, asked about experience, aspirations....then interviewed with Assistant Store Manager, very quick, greet and meet, how are you..I was told the hourly rate and I accepted pending my background check. All very easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations, take it or leave it

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Called for interview within week which was in person and not over the phone. Applying was like part of process because it was in front of human resources department

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

After applying online, I was called a couple days later to come in for an interview. There were three other applicants present. We were told that the interview would consist of exercises instead of the traditional question/answer format. For the first exercise, we were shone an image of a structure consisting of wooden blocks. Then we were instructed to take turns giving the other applicants direction to build the image using the same wooden blocks spread out on the table before us. For the second exercise, we were each given a set of four unique marketing ideas then told to pick one and pitch it to the other applicants. We then had to decide which one idea we could all support. The entire interview process took about an hour and a half. I was told they were conducting more interviews but that if I was selected to be hired, I would get a call and an offer letter within the next few days. I received a call the next day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Interview format was a bit of a surprise but I think it was less stressful than a traditional one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a rate I thought was acceptable for my level of experience. Did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Joplin, MO).

Interview

I had two interviews in one day and was asked to train the following week. There was really no training involved. they took me on a tour, then had me watch a video and take a test on my first day of training. On my second day, I was asked to work on the floor.

Interview Questions

• When I started, everything was unexpected because I never got a chance to learn anything. To me the most difficult was having to ask everyone the same question 100 times.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was called the next day. I was asked when I would be available to come in for an interview. Since I was at school, I had to wait two weeks before I could come in. Before I had the chance to call and set up an interview time, I received a call to set up a time. I went in two days later. I thought that the my interview flowed very well. It was scary or intimidating. After talking about my availability and a few other questions I was offered the job on the spot. I'm soo excited to be starting next week!

Interview Questions

• I did not really think that there were any tough questions. I was asked where I would prefer working?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because this is my first job so I was happy to just have a job.