J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

175 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downey, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

They called me up after about a week later after applying on their website. Came in for an on-site interview and was hired on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

The interview and hiringprocess was easy. you go in and talk to the assistant manager who is very nice and you get basic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2013.

I applied online and actually they called me the next day. I had a group interview scheduled for a couple days later and there were 4 other people in the interview. they asked questions about experience and asked about a time where there was bad customer service and why.

Interview Questions
    • You have to sell your self at the end of the group interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2013.

I had no work experience and had been applying for jobs for a really long time and coming up with nothing. I'd applied at JCP several times over the years never hearing back at all. On a whim I applied there again not expecting a call back but they actually called. Spoke briefly with a manager on the phone (previous experience, goals with company, availability, departments i'd like to work in). She asked me at the end of our call if i wanted to come in for a group interview that Thursday (it was tuesday) i accepted. Showed up about 20 minutes early and walked around, notified an associate about 10 mintues til that i was there for an interview, i was told to wait near customer service. It was supposed to be 5 people interviewing but only 3 of us showed up and we were interviewed by 2 managers. It was a really laid back interview...in fact it was fun, we started of going around the room answering tell me about yourself, an unique quality about you, and why jcp? We then did a communication exercise where we had to build a structure out of blocks by memory from looking at a picture for 10 seconds a person in 15 minutes. While instructing the others on what to do/use to build you could NOT touch the blocks to help. Afterward we were given papers with different departments with 4 choices of events that could drive sales and had to pitch them to the managers. At the end we were told we would hear back by 5pm that evening.

No negotiation, offered me 8.00 an hour. (I only asked for minimum wage, which is 7.25)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2013.

Short interviewing at the job fair. I was looking for informational interview so it was very easy and the interview was very open and willing to give all the details about the position and what someone could expect

only personal reasons

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

They can give you a few situational questions, like a customer is looking for some dress, you don't have it in stock. What will you do? Also they can ask some behavioral questions.

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Very quick, asked a few basic questions, then hired on the spot

Because of my previous experience I was able to get 9.25/hour, that was the maximum they said they could offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2013.

Was called and asked to come in for an interveiw. Professionally dressed. Asked to take a few test online and was sat down, one-on-one for the interveiw. was asked about my experience

Interview Questions

Had another offer else where

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2013.

I applied online, and the next day I called them for a follow up. I asked for a application status update and an interview. The HR replied by asking me the questions "tell me about yourself and why J.C. Penney?"

Interview Questions
    • 1. If you could change one thing about your previous job, what would it be?
      2. Why do you want to work here?
        View Answer
    I was offered $9.00/hr and took it without negotiation since it was more than what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2013.

Applied online. Was called a few days later by the store manager who asked me to come in that day. Asked a few questions about me and my previous job and hired me on the spot.