Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at J. C. Penney
- Sales Associate (228)
- Customer Service Associate (65)
- Customer Service Specialist (49)
- Support Specialist (29)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (27)
- Retail Sales Associate (21)
- Customer Service Sales Associate (17)
- Service Specialist (16)
- Sales Specialist (16)
- Customer Service Representative (14)
- Business Analyst (14)
- Replenishment Associate (14)
- JC Penney Cashier (10)
- Department Supervisor (10)
- Visual Specialist (9)
- Associate (8)
- Cashier (8)
- Loss Prevention Officer (8)
- Visual Merchandiser (7)
- Sales Support/Replenishment (7)
- Sales Manager (7)
- Supply Chain Trainee (6)
- Sephora Product Consultant (6)
- Sales Manager Trainee (5)
- Jewelry Associate (5)
- Intern (5)
- Sales Support (5)
- Sales Support Associate (4)
- Assistant Store Manager (4)
- Pricing Team Associate (4)
Sales Manager Intern Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney.
Easy questions. Talk about your resume, tell me about a time you showed leadership, were involved in a group, tell me about project you worked on with difficult group members what did you do, why would you be fit for this position
- Nothing too difficult- make sure you can talk about past projects and past experience Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney
Sales Manager Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Frisco, TX) in June 2011.
Applied online. First there was a phone interview with the HR rep. Then a one on one interview with the store manager of the JCPenney you would be interning at. And then there was another phone interview with the district manager. The first interview was the most nerve wracking and intense but after that it actually got much easier
- Tell about a time you had to solve a problem when the solution wasnt intially clear Answer Question
Sales Manager Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Miami, FL) in May 2011.
There were 3 interviews in total. The first was with the campus recruiter over the phone which lasted about 30 minutes. If you pass that one she schedules an interview with the Store Manager. It is a 2 hour long interview all behavioral based questions. If you move on to the last interview she schedules a phone interview with the District Manager of the the geographic location you want to work. This interview last around 30-45 mins and is also all behavioral questions.
There was no negotiation. It is a set wage at $14/hr. Which isn't bad at all for an internship.
Sales Manager Intern InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at J. C. Penney.
I applied for the Position via my school's website. There were 3 interviews in all. All interviewers were very nice and helpful. They didn't ask hard questions, just your basic ones that most interviews contain.
- Describe a situation where you had to recruit someone to be a part of a project with you? Answer Question