J. C. Penney

J. C. Penney Sales Manager Intern Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Easy questions. Talk about your resume, tell me about a time you showed leadership, were involved in a group, tell me about project you worked on with difficult group members what did you do, why would you be fit for this position

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult- make sure you can talk about past projects and past experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2011.

Applied online. First there was a phone interview with the HR rep. Then a one on one interview with the store manager of the JCPenney you would be interning at. And then there was another phone interview with the district manager.

The first interview was the most nerve wracking and intense but after that it actually got much easier

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had to solve a problem when the solution wasnt intially clear   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2011.

There were 3 interviews in total. The first was with the campus recruiter over the phone which lasted about 30 minutes. If you pass that one she schedules an interview with the Store Manager. It is a 2 hour long interview all behavioral based questions. If you move on to the last interview she schedules a phone interview with the District Manager of the the geographic location you want to work. This interview last around 30-45 mins and is also all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had to make a quick decision yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you motivated another person?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It is a set wage at $14/hr. Which isn't bad at all for an internship.

Sales Manager Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I applied for the Position via my school's website. There were 3 interviews in all. All interviewers were very nice and helpful. They didn't ask hard questions, just your basic ones that most interviews contain.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to recruit someone to be a part of a project with you?   Answer Question