J. C. Penney

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – Easy questions. Talk about your resume, tell me about a time you showed leadership, were involved in a group, tell me about project you worked on with difficult group members what did you do, why would you be fit for this position

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult- make sure you can talk about past projects and past experience   Answer Question

Frisco, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. First there was a phone interview with the HR rep. Then a one on one interview with the store manager of the JCPenney you would be interning at. And then there was another phone interview with the district manager.

The first interview was the most nerve wracking and intense but after that it actually got much easier

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had to solve a problem when the solution wasnt intially clear   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2011.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews in total. The first was with the campus recruiter over the phone which lasted about 30 minutes. If you pass that one she schedules an interview with the Store Manager. It is a 2 hour long interview all behavioral based questions. If you move on to the last interview she schedules a phone interview with the District Manager of the the geographic location you want to work. This interview last around 30-45 mins and is also all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It is a set wage at $14/hr. Which isn't bad at all for an internship.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview Details – I applied for the Position via my school's website. There were 3 interviews in all. All interviewers were very nice and helpful. They didn't ask hard questions, just your basic ones that most interviews contain.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to recruit someone to be a part of a project with you?   Answer Question

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!