J. C. Penney

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

I tried applying online, but that didn't work because an error happens somewhere along the line. It was like Obamacare - impossible. So I had to actually go to the store and apply at the kiosk there. It took three days before they called me back to schedule an interview that would then happen a week later. In the interview, the hiring manager asked me to tell her about myself, what my greatest strength and weakness are, why I thought I'd be a good fit at the company, where I see myself in ten years, and a few more basic hiring questions that I can't remember. At the end, I was then told that there would be a second interview, and this happened about a week later. This manager basically asked me the same kind of questions, but this manager asked me why he should hire me specifically, and not any of the other applicants. What set me apart from the rest of the sheep? I winged it, but somehow I still got the "welcome to JCP" handshake. I then started working immediately that same day.

Interview Questions
    • What was the toughest decision you've ever had to make?   Answer Question
    Yes, but since I had no previous experience, they said they would start me off at minimum wage, and give me tiny raises as I showed improvement.

Fine Jewelry Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2012.

I applied for a Lead Expert position (department manager - I'm college educated) and was offered a holiday sales associate position after phone and in-store interviews (although the latter was merely to tell me I had the job). Really nothing to it.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really many questions and none were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2011.

I applied online one thursday evening. I got a call the next day, asking to come in on Saturday for a 6:30pm interview and i accepted. I went to the interview and we talked for approximently 10 minutes, about schedules, what i would be doing, if i can handle it, ect. she asked questions mostly about situations and to talk about myself and why i should get the job. I then left on a happy note, but waited over a week, and still no callback. So i began to loose faith, but then one sunday afternoon, out of the blue almost (by then i had given up on JCpennys) , I received a call. The call, telling me if i can come in that monday morning for the beginning of training, it was amazing!

Interview Questions
    • A customer throws all the clothes off a counter, then proceeds to sit upon that counter. Its the end of a long work day, you are tired and want to get home. what do you do?   View Answer
    • What would your best friend say about you if i called him right now?   View Answer
    7.25 no negotiation