J. C. Penney Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2013.

I did an online application. It took a few weeks for them to give me a call. The person on the phone told me is was going to be a group interview. When I got there, there was 7 of us at the interview. We split up into two groups since we had 2 activities to do for the interview. From the moment I got there the hiring manager made us feel welcomed. He was funny and he cut away the tension of having an interview. He told us to relax and just go with the flow. We introduced ourselves. The first activity for me was they gave us a paper with a few different ideas, we had to chose one idea and pitch to the rest of the group members why our idea was the best. After all the group members made their pitch we had to chose the best idea out of all the group members. The second activity there were a bunch of different colored blocks. The guy holding the interviews had a picture of a model. Each group member had a few seconds to look at the model and then had to go back to the group and tell them what to do.

Overall it was a really fun experience. I've never been a job interview like that and more companies should adopt the method. I like it because the mood was really relaxed. With this type of interview style your personality was really able to show through.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. You were able to be yourself. You didn't have to memorize the "right" things to say.   Answer Question

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!