J. C. Penney

J. C. Penney Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

1.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Generally one home office interview, one local interview, one interview from field agent, and final interview with district manager for management positions.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Got called a day after I applied online to come in for interview. It was a group interview with about 10 people and the first thing that was said was that the position I applied for was filled and they were just looking for holiday temps.

Interview Questions

I was going away for the holidays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2012.

Was contacted by phone at 3:30 one afternoon, possibly a week after filling out an application online. The woman asked me a few questions about my schedule and what hours I was comfortable working. She warned me the schedule varies widely and I might only get 15 hours one week and 40 the next. I said okay. She asked if I could go in for an interview at 6:00 and I panicked a little because of the short notice, but I agreed to it anyway. The interview was the best I have ever had. The interviewer was really nice and treated me with a lot of respect. I interviewed with him and the department manager. The department manager was very busy but took the time to meet with me, which was nice. I accepted the position despite the fact that it was $1.00 less an hour than I wanted because I just felt like they treated me so well.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Describe a time when you worked on a project as part of a team.   Answer Question
    I told him I was hoping for more but he assured me if I worked hard I could move up quickly and he seemed authentic. Also, the hours would save me childcare expenses, so it was win-win.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2012.

They do perform group interviews. There were three of us during my hire. They ask many scenario questions...just remember to have the company's best interest in mind when answering.

Interview Questions
    • They ask many scenario questions...just remember to have the company's best interest in mind when answering.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2010.

This was thye easiest interview I've ever been through. It was actually fun! It wasn't like Kohls - where they went around the table and asked for everybodies answer to thier questions. It was a free for all when they asked the questions. You could respond or not respond. It was great! In the end they went out of the room to discuss between themselves. They came backj and said this group needs to go here- well, that meant - see y7a!. Next, they called us in individually to discuss placement. I applied for full-time and they didn't really accommodate me. I pretty much wasted my time going to this interview because they only offered me part-time employment. WTF?

Interview Questions
    • They gave us 3 different questions with difficult customers.   View Answer

Applied for full-time. They hired me and only offered part-time. THANK-YOU

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Why do I want to work there.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2012.

I applied online a month before I was called for an interiew. I was interiewed by the store manager. He didn't ask me any interviewing questions. He only asked questions about previous jobs I had. Took less than 3 min! I was hired on the spot.