J. C. Penney

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2014.

Interview Details – Group setting, few questions, second interview with store manager who spoke with me for three minutes. Easiest interview ever. Mostly received company history/store information. Once hired many videos were watched. Hiring manager was unaware of how to fill out my I-9.

Interview Question – No difficult questions....easiest interview ever!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation....position is commissioned.

Very Easy Interview

Benton Harbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2009.

Interview Details – I received a call within 3 days of putting in my application. The manager that interviewed me was very laid back and the interview was like we had known each other for years. Made me feel comfortable. I was asked about my experience and discussed different situations that arrise in the retail industry.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The conversation was so relaxed as I was leaving I asked when I would know when he makes up his decision and he looks at me and says that he already made his decision and that I am hired.

Jersey City, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2010.

Interview Details – it was very a very good experience. i interviewed with the department manager first and then with the store manager. both were very proffesional and nice. customer service was very important throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work for this company and not one of our competitors, (macys etc)?   Answer Question
  • what qualities do you aqcuire that would make you fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none salary is min wage for commisioned associates, and commision as well.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!