J. Crew

www.jcrew.com
Profile Unclaimed

J. Crew Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Recruiter was easy to talk to and was very conversational. I was given a subsequent interview that went very well. I was told that they "loved" me. About a week after both interviews, I was told that I "would be contacted next week to get everything finalized" and that "everyone loved me" and that I would "be a perfect fit". This lead me to believe that I had the job. I was contacted later than I expected and was told "We had some last minute internal interest so we are offering you the position of Key Holder". The recruiter previously implied that I would be offered the AM position so this was extremely surprising and disappointing. The recruiter let me know that there was an "11th hour internal candidate" who they decided to give it to. I turned the job down. I was extremely turned off to the company. I appreciate that J.Crew values promoting internally but I felt like my time was wasted and I was mislead. Also, I was specifically told earlier in the process that there "were no internal candidates" so I was doubly surprised when I was given the news.

Interview Questions
  • J.Crew seems to be very customer oriented, which is fantastic, so the interviews are very focused around how you train and develop your team to deliver great customer service.

How did you correct an issue with a subordinate associate?
    What kind of leader do you want to work for?

Answer Question

I was offered a position I was overqualified for after the position I interviewed for was given to an internal candidate last minute.

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew in September 2012.

Interviewed by two store managers first interview. Then District Manager. It was done in a formal way. Wear their clothes if possible. Make sure you dress in a business manner. This company if more formal then many competitors. My experience was that the managers doing the hiring were sincere and made the interview very relaxed but business like. So be relaxed and dress the part. That is most of the battle. But be honest as well.

Interview Questions
    • How do you dress in everyday clothes everyday.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J. Crew in August 2010.

Standard retail management questions. Lots go question that were sales based, development based. How do you grow your business, compete with other in the mArket place. What makes this company better than its competition etc...

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. Crew in February 2010.

It was a very simple and honest interview. I am still in the process, but it was very appealing. I liked the interviewer and the explainations of how the staff and store was run. It seemed like a very mature place to work that was not full of young people with tons of drama or backstabbing games. I would take the offer if offered here.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee that was not doing what they were supposed to be doing?   View Answer