J. Crew Client Specialist Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynchburg, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in August 2010.

Before receiving a face to face interview every employee must go through a phone interview which is basically a screening process. Once you pass the phone interview they ask you to come in for an in person interview. The interview is very informal and normally conducted with many other interviews going on at the same time. J.Crew has its "peak" seasons, like any retail store, and often does mass hiring drives. So the face-to-face interview is very brief and they ask you a few standard questions and then if you get the job they offer it to you the same day.

Interview Questions
  • They ask every potential employee to give a sales pitch for a random item of clothing which doesn't have to be a great pitch, but they want to see if you even have potential to sell an item to a customer.   View Answer
They're is no wages negotiation, you basically sign a few forms and pick the hours you are able to work.

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J. Crew.

Phone interview. And face to face interview. Hired next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at J. Crew in February 2012.

I was contacted for a phone interview, which was pretty basic, asking questions about my availability and typical questions you would receive in the retail industry. I was told that my application would be reviewed and I would hear the status within 2-3 business days. The interview took place today so I will update as to whether I received a call.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who was upset with never receiving their package?   Answer Question
    • How would you up sell products to customers?   Answer Question

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!