J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.3

Associate Manager Interview

The process began with a phone interview from HR Corporate, followed by 2 separate interviews, one with the new store director and one with the store director at a different location. Did not interview with the District Manager, which I expected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was more conversational than the standard interview questions   Answer Question

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Manager went over my resume and asked about my past experiences with customers. Gave me situational questions about customer experiences to see how I would respond. Also asked where I get my style/fashion inspiration. Overall pretty easy interview just to gauge how well you can work with customers and sell product (somewhat commission based job)

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

I applied in store during the holiday season so it was a bit hectic. Was given an interview on the spot by the manager. They liked me and had me fill out a background check that same day. I was told they'd follow up with me once my background check cleared. As I said before, I applied two weeks before Christmas so it was busy for them and the total hiring process took about 2 months. I followed up with them every two weeks just to show interest in the position and was called in once the season was over. For the initial walk in I wore a fitted Oxford button down shirt, colored chinos and leather boots. I was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Previous experience, any experience in retail? What do you know about the brand? What days would you be available to work?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

Applied online, and heard back the next day. Asked me to walk them through my resume and work experience. Interview Process was smooth, and the people I talked with were very nice. Followed with basic interview questions, like why I chose my major, and why I think I'm a good fit etc.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

The process took about a week. I was called to come in for an interview and it was a group interview with one of the girl in myself. It was cool because I never been in a group interview before and I found it to be interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Who are J.Crew competitors?
      What amazes J.Crew different from other places

Answer Question

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

The interview process was very swift and easy, from the interview to hire it took a little over a week for the background check to clear. The staff is very friendly which is a huge plus.

Interview Questions
    • Where was the best customer service you've ever experienced? and why?   View Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J. Crew in February 2015.

I went on two different interviews about a week apart. First, I had a phone interview just getting to know me on a personal and professional level. Then I was brought into the office to meet with HR and two team members. Next, I met with someone from design, color, another HR manager and the Chief Sourcing Officer.

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew.

Applied in person and was called for an Interview the next day. The interview consisted of basic questions like previous work experience, where I go to school, what I like to do in my free time etc. The most important question is what stores I liked to shop at. This is a key factor into getting the job. If you shop at stores that are more "J.Crew like" that will help you get the job. Shopping at places like hot topic and spencer won't help. Luckily for me I shopped at places fairly J.Crew like. I was offered the job on the spot as well which was amazing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Applied on-line, in which I was contacted a week latter by Recruiting. Phone interview was scheduled, and two weeks latter I was scheduled for an in-person interview. However there issues following after meeting with management. I received calls and emails from Recruitment that I was one of the selected candidates to go forward for a final round of interviews. I was constantly stalled as if I were a back-up if the first choice didn't work.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult; I found the "five year question" a bit dated, especially for the position interviewed for.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

It was a two round interview and consisted of mainly what I thought fashion represented, why it is important to me, what I like most about J.Crew's fashion. They also asked if I had any previous customer service experience and about my work hours. Because I was in a different city (applied for a summer job), I had my first interview over the phone. The second interview was in person and both were very casual. For the in person interview we went to the coffee shop of the mall and had it there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult. Most questions were expected as I said above   Answer Question