J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.4

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Online application. Prompt reply and one phone interview. No invitation for onsite interview.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

The process takes a little while to complete. First you meet with the store director. Next you meet with the market director. The final interview is with the regional director.

Intern Interview

Phone interview with pretty typical interview questions. Asked if I had seen the latest campaign and what I thought of it. Asked me to describe my past work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • If you could ask Mickey Drexler one question what would it be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

met with 3 team members during the interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions: Ideally do you prefer to work in an individual or group setting   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at J. Crew in August 2013.

I was contacted by a West Coast recruiter and interviewed over the phone. The questions were basic and pertained to the position I was applying.

Interview Questions
    • I was taken aback at the unprofessional manner of the interviewer because she was talking to the people working on her home in between the questions posed to me. I felt like she was more interested in what was happening at her home than interviewing me. At one point she left the interview to attend to her workers.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at J. Crew.

First you take your application to the store in person. The store manager on site will ask you a few basic questions, like why you want to work there and what experience do you have. If they like you then they will call you in for an interview with the store director - that's Mark. Mark will ask questions about the store like "what is unique about J. Crew?" or "why do you want to work here instead of Banana Republic?"

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do if a customer was extremely unhappy with a product and wanted a full refund, but was past the refund date?" The answer is, you take it back anyways. Customer Service is very important at J. Crew.   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I dropped off my application at the store and they contacted me soon after for an interview. We had a short interview with normal interview questions and it was a very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail, and more specifically, why J. Crew?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

First, I filled out the generic application and handed it back to the store. Within a few days, I received a phone call asking to schedule an interview. The interview was casual and took place in the office of the store nearby me. The store manager conducted the interview and it was about 10-15 mins. She was very nice and friendly to me.

Interview Questions
    • She asked about my future aspirations at J. Crew and I wasn't sure what I wanted from it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very few questions. Just asked what I like on their website, then my availability.

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew.

Applied in person. Filled out paper application and attached resume. It took a couple weeks to get the interview process started but the interview was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!