J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J. Crew (Greensboro, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in the store to shop one day and as I was checking out I was having a conversation with the lady and she was saying they needed help in the store. I took an application home and filled it out, which took about 30 minutes, and brought it back into the store three days later. The manager that I handed my application to asked if I knew anything about the brand right when I gave him my application. He then said that he would call to set up an interview. I got the call three days later and I went in the next day. The interview only lasted around fifteen minutes and the questions were fairly simple. He told me they would be in touch within the next few days. The day after I got a call to set up a phone interview with a manager from another store. I did the phone interview the next day. It lasted about fifteen minutes as well but had more questions. At the end of the call he said he would let the store manager that interviewed me that he was okay with me. I heard from the store manager two days later (when my background check had came in) and was hired. I go in tomorrow to try on all of the clothes to understand the fit and materials. The process was a little lengthy for a sales associate position but I understand they only want serious people working for them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at J.Crew? What led you here?Asked about previous work experience that related to the sales associate position.   Answer Question
    • What was a time that you experienced positive customer service while shopping? What made it positive? How did the people working make you feel while you were there?   Answer Question
    • Where do you get your fashion inspiration? How do you keep up with the latest trends in fashion?   Answer Question
    • How would the people at your last job describe you? When was a time that you gave good customer service and made the customer happy? Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do about it? Did you have to deal with product knowledge in your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • Who are J.Crew's biggest competitors and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I applied in store during the holiday season so it was a bit hectic. Was given an interview on the spot by the manager. They liked me and had me fill out a background check that same day. I was told they'd follow up with me once my background check cleared. As I said before, I applied two weeks before Christmas so it was busy for them and the total hiring process took about 2 months. I followed up with them every two weeks just to show interest in the position and was called in once the season was over. For the initial walk in I wore a fitted Oxford button down shirt, colored chinos and leather boots. I was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, any experience in retail? What do you know about the brand? What days would you be available to work?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Applied online, and heard back the next day. Asked me to walk them through my resume and work experience. Interview Process was smooth, and the people I talked with were very nice. Followed with basic interview questions, like why I chose my major, and why I think I'm a good fit etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

The process took about a week. I was called to come in for an interview and it was a group interview with one of the girl in myself. It was cool because I never been in a group interview before and I found it to be interesting.

Interview Questions

• Who are J.Crew competitors? What amazes J.Crew different from other places   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

The interview process was very swift and easy, from the interview to hire it took a little over a week for the background check to clear. The staff is very friendly which is a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• Where was the best customer service you've ever experienced? and why?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I went on two different interviews about a week apart. First, I had a phone interview just getting to know me on a personal and professional level. Then I was brought into the office to meet with HR and two team members. Next, I met with someone from design, color, another HR manager and the Chief Sourcing Officer.

Interview Questions

• Why is J.Crew your dream job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. Crew (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very calm and relaxed. More like a walk through of what to expect and if you could handle the duties and responsibilities. The store manager interviewed me and it was great. He was able to explain all the nuances behind the job and what to expect. Also he explained some of the career opportunities available at the company and how one could move up within the organization. He was kind and answered all your questions a d he did his best to make you feel welcome and to help you out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Got asked questions in the stock room, I would dress formal for the interview. Pretty easy and the interviewer was extremely outgoing and made the experience stress free. Ended up getting the job! Overall the interview was successful. The experience was a good one

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Applied in person and was called for an Interview the next day. The interview consisted of basic questions like previous work experience, where I go to school, what I like to do in my free time etc. The most important question is what stores I liked to shop at. This is a key factor into getting the job. If you shop at stores that are more "J.Crew like" that will help you get the job. Shopping at places like hot topic and spencer won't help. Luckily for me I shopped at places fairly J.Crew like. I was offered the job on the spot as well which was amazing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on-line, in which I was contacted a week latter by Recruiting. Phone interview was scheduled, and two weeks latter I was scheduled for an in-person interview. However there issues following after meeting with management. I received calls and emails from Recruitment that I was one of the selected candidates to go forward for a final round of interviews. I was constantly stalled as if I were a back-up if the first choice didn't work.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult; I found the "five year question" a bit dated, especially for the position interviewed for.   Answer Question