J. Crew Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrimack, NH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through other source - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

Pretty straight forward process. I walk in to the store, meet the store director and she reviewed my resume. Then the director schedule the interview date the following week.

Interview Questions
  • questions pretty general: related to previous job experiences, how you handle upset customers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at J. Crew in June 2012.

Got interviewed on the spot at a job fair. Very easy, it took only 8 minutes until I got hired. I think they were also impressed because I was a design student. They asked very simple questions, such as "What do you do during your free time?", "Why do you want to work for J. Crew?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

I applied this position on their hiring system, and it took me a while to finish all the process. Next day, I got a call to have my first interview, and during the interview, I filled up the application form and asked many questions about my previous working experiences, what did I learn, and why I left...etc., and the most related questions are about why choose J.Crew. After a few days, they called me to set up the second interview with another supervisor, he asked me my personal style, what are my favorite shops, and what do you think of J.Crew...etc. The result came out for a long time, it took about 2 weeks to process and check background.

Interview Questions
    • If your friends don't know J.Crew, how would you introduce the brand to them? What is different between J.Crew and other competitors?   Answer Question
    Working schedule

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew.

I saw a posting outside of a new J. Crew store to open in my city and sent in a resume to the email address. I was contacted back within a few days to schedule an interview. I went in for an interview that was mostly fit--asked me about who I was, what my interests were, why J. Crew, what my favorite style was, what was my personal style, my greatest strengths and weaknesses, all pretty straightforward and what you would expect from a reasonable fit interview. My employer called me back within a few days to give me the offer but said that the background check needed to formally go through before he could extend the official offer. The background check came back clean, I was extended the offer, and went to training and work fairly shortly afterwards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J. Crew in November 2011.

Filled Out Application which was followed by a brief interview with store managers. She was interested in my availability and if I could continue after the Holidays. I had not had retail experience but know the merchandise well and dressed in J Crew for my meeting with the manager

Interview Questions
    • All very straight forward, I was hired as seasonal and then kept on after   Answer Question
    hourly salary is set

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew.

I saw the listing online on the mall's website. I called to ask if the position was still available and was instructed to pick up an application in store (no online apps) at which time the hiring manager would review it with me. Once I filled it out and went turned it in I was expecting an informal interview right on the spot; instead the manager just made sure all the right things were clear and filled out, shook my had and I left. I went away on holiday and called about a week later to see when I was to expect to hear back. I promptly called the following week as well just to stay in-front of them and at which time they scheduled an interview two days from then. The interview itself was relatively relaxed and he asked a lot of valid question regarding past employment and how it would relate to J Crew: strengths, duties, difficult customer service experiences, etc. He also had a very inspiring bit about how he was asking these questions to utilize everyones personal strengths within their team, I was very impressed with their perfect balance of casual and professional. I filled out a background check and was to be expecting to hear back in a week.

Interview Questions
    • What would one thing your last employer (or in my case, intern manager) could say was your strong suit?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   View Answer
    • How would you go about helping customers? How would you adjust case by case?   View Answer
    It was my first time in retail and they pay very fairly so I did not negotiate; although they do have a section on the application for what you expect to earn there. Not to mention the benefits are INCREDIBLY generous. Greatly looking forward to working here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J. Crew.

I had one interview with the hiring store manager, who was very friendly and helpful. I called a week later on the phone to follow up with the manager who told me what the hiring rate they could provide me was.There was a great working environment there.

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions were about my previous working experience and about how i felt about working with clients   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2013.

Applied in person, and chatted for a bit about my resume and why I wanted to work for the company. Had an interview a week later that was with my store director and another manager. Negotiated salary a bit due to having experience. Received a call within a week offering me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in March 2012.

I submitted my resume & application in person, and received a call a few days later for an interview. There were two interviews. Total hiring process: 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Standard Interview questions - describe the J.Crew image, describe a challenge you've faced & how you handled it, describe working in a team, etc.   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2013.

I went in for an application filled it out was asked to come back in ten minutes for an interview which was really only about my availability.. we did our training and turns out it was a different store then what I had applied for it was a grand opening.

Interview Questions
    There was nothing to negotiate. Go to any store with J Crew to work except store 138 at the Saint Louis Premium Outlet.

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!