J. Crew Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015
Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.2

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Manager went over my resume and asked about my past experiences with customers. Gave me situational questions about customer experiences to see how I would respond. Also asked where I get my style/fashion inspiration. Overall pretty easy interview just to gauge how well you can work with customers and sell product (somewhat commission based job)

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

I applied in store during the holiday season so it was a bit hectic. Was given an interview on the spot by the manager. They liked me and had me fill out a background check that same day. I was told they'd follow up with me once my background check cleared. As I said before, I applied two weeks before Christmas so it was busy for them and the total hiring process took about 2 months. I followed up with them every two weeks just to show interest in the position and was called in once the season was over. For the initial walk in I wore a fitted Oxford button down shirt, colored chinos and leather boots. I was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Previous experience, any experience in retail? What do you know about the brand? What days would you be available to work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

The process took about a week. I was called to come in for an interview and it was a group interview with one of the girl in myself. It was cool because I never been in a group interview before and I found it to be interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Who are J.Crew competitors?
      What amazes J.Crew different from other places

Answer Question

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

The interview process was very swift and easy, from the interview to hire it took a little over a week for the background check to clear. The staff is very friendly which is a huge plus.

Interview Questions
    • Where was the best customer service you've ever experienced? and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

It was a two round interview and consisted of mainly what I thought fashion represented, why it is important to me, what I like most about J.Crew's fashion. They also asked if I had any previous customer service experience and about my work hours. Because I was in a different city (applied for a summer job), I had my first interview over the phone. The second interview was in person and both were very casual. For the in person interview we went to the coffee shop of the mall and had it there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult. Most questions were expected as I said above   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew in January 2015.

Went to the store and handed in my resume and filled out application. Was asked why J Crew and why a job in sales and also about my hours and availability. Still waiting for response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

-Applied through university career link
    -Walked in resume before I received a call back from university application
    -Called 3 times within 2 weeks to show genuine interest in landing an interview
    -Got an interview with the hiring manager
    -Received a call within a week with a job offer

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer J.Crew (having no retail experience)?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

I went in to the store and asked if they were hiring. They weren't at the time, but when I came back two weeks later with a filled out application they had openings. So I ended up having an interview with one of the managers on the spot and then was able to interview with the store manager a few minutes later. Very simple interview. I didn't wear any J. Crew apparel but I did wear clothing that looked like it could be sold there. Both interviews were casual and more conversational than question based, though they did ask questions they needed to know, while trying to get to know me personally.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

I went into factory location and asked the manager if I could fill out a job application. The application is very basic: education level, previous employment, background, etc. Then I was told that someone would get in touch with me the following week to set up an interview. That never happened. So i bugged the crap out them over a few days. The interview was very informal. I wore business casual attire (all J. Crew) and answered very typical interview questions. I was told to expect a call within the week informing me of their decision, but one never came. I called the manager again. He was very straight forward, but told me no decision has been made. He called the next day informing me that I had the job. I was very proactive during this process: I called the manager to set up the interview and then again to find out my status. I believe this helped me land the job. When I worked there, we had a lot of people come in and fill out applications, so I think it would be impossible to give them all interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew.

You have to pick up the application in store and may be asked some questions on the spot. After filling out the application I got a call back about a week later and set up an interview for the next day. Interviewed with manager and it was all very standard, relaxed, and casual. Dress preppy and have a good understanding of the brand.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work for J. Crew?"
      "What would you do if you saw someone stealing?"

Answer Question

Declined because I was offer a better paying position somewhere else.