J. Crew Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Denver, CO).

Interview

Walked into the store and submit my application and resume. Got a call back a few days later and interviewed one on one with the store manager. They asked standard retail questions, mostly about customer experiences and how you handle yourself in stressful situations. Also asked a few style questions. Received a call a couple of days later and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one terrible customer experience and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Cypress, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with the manager and we went over my application. We then discussed what they were looking for and what I could offer. We then discussed various scenarios and how I would react to them. Once we finished, I had some paperwork to do and then we sat there and had a discussion about children.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (La Jolla, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked an employee if they were hiring. He informed me that they were always hiring and gave me an application to fill out in store. After I completed the application he introduced me to the hiring manager. I had a nice conversation with the hiring manager and then left the store. That same day I was called in for an interview the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a retail or dining experience that you felt was exceptional and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew (Burlington, MA).

Interview

My interview process was quick since the store had just opened in this location. I filled out an application and was interviewed on site, and was hired on the spot. They asked me to begin working later that week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied in-store with the application that they give out. I was called in for a first-round interview with a manager and then a second round interview with another manager. The questions were typical retail-related behavioral questions. Overall, the interview process was fairly casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

J. Crew contacted me one week after I applied in store. The interview was brief. As long as you are strong about customer service, well spoken and well dressed with a positive attitude, it'll be great. It was quick and on time, so arriving early is best.

Interview Questions

• Name a past customer service experience (good and bad) and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I dropped off my resume, and I followed up. They called me in for an interview with the Store Manager and the two other managers. I came in and they showed me around the store, then we walked out of the store down to a table outside a coffee shop and began the interview. They asked my my previous retail experience and why I wanted to work for their company. They also asked me what I can offer to them. After asking questions, they wanted to get to know me and get to know my hobbies. They wanted to know what I liked to do and if there was anything that I was committed to that would hinder my job performance.

Interview Questions

• What were my accomplishments in sales in my previous job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Got hired on the spot at a Job Fair. Submitted my application then the manager asked me a few questions, "why do you want to work here?", "what do you do during your free time?", "do you have customer service experience?". Easy questions, took 8 minutes, then finally told me I got the job. Signed paperwork afterwards.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

It was a group interview, lots of people. You really had to make sure you stood out from the group. Made weeding out less friendly, quiet people easy. A little weird only because the interview was around other customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Cypress, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Turned in application at store, received phone call for interview week after, interview the next week with store manager, hired on the spot, started working after the background check cleared. (No drug testing)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to be a leader in a situation?   1 Answer