J. Crew Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Got hired on the spot at a Job Fair. Submitted my application then the manager asked me a few questions, "why do you want to work here?", "what do you do during your free time?", "do you have customer service experience?". Easy questions, took 8 minutes, then finally told me I got the job. Signed paperwork afterwards.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

It was a group interview, lots of people. You really had to make sure you stood out from the group. Made weeding out less friendly, quiet people easy. A little weird only because the interview was around other customers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Manager went over my resume and asked about my past experiences with customers. Gave me situational questions about customer experiences to see how I would respond. Also asked where I get my style/fashion inspiration. Overall pretty easy interview just to gauge how well you can work with customers and sell product (somewhat commission based job)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I applied in store during the holiday season so it was a bit hectic. Was given an interview on the spot by the manager. They liked me and had me fill out a background check that same day. I was told they'd follow up with me once my background check cleared. As I said before, I applied two weeks before Christmas so it was busy for them and the total hiring process took about 2 months. I followed up with them every two weeks just to show interest in the position and was called in once the season was over. For the initial walk in I wore a fitted Oxford button down shirt, colored chinos and leather boots. I was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, any experience in retail? What do you know about the brand? What days would you be available to work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

The process took about a week. I was called to come in for an interview and it was a group interview with one of the girl in myself. It was cool because I never been in a group interview before and I found it to be interesting.

Interview Questions

• Who are J.Crew competitors?
      What amazes J.Crew different from other places

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

The interview process was very swift and easy, from the interview to hire it took a little over a week for the background check to clear. The staff is very friendly which is a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• Where was the best customer service you've ever experienced? and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very calm and relaxed. More like a walk through of what to expect and if you could handle the duties and responsibilities. The store manager interviewed me and it was great. He was able to explain all the nuances behind the job and what to expect. Also he explained some of the career opportunities available at the company and how one could move up within the organization. He was kind and answered all your questions a d he did his best to make you feel welcome and to help you out.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

It was a two round interview and consisted of mainly what I thought fashion represented, why it is important to me, what I like most about J.Crew's fashion. They also asked if I had any previous customer service experience and about my work hours. Because I was in a different city (applied for a summer job), I had my first interview over the phone. The second interview was in person and both were very casual. For the in person interview we went to the coffee shop of the mall and had it there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult. Most questions were expected as I said above   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew in January 2015.

Interview

Went to the store and handed in my resume and filled out application. Was asked why J Crew and why a job in sales and also about my hours and availability. Still waiting for response.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew in January 2015.

Interview

Saw on a mall website that J. Crew was hiring. Went in store to ask for an application. Talked to one of the supervisors. She had me fill out an application. I returned the completed application and she asked me "Why J.Crew?" Right before the week was over, on a Friday, I got a callback for an interview. I went in for my interview the next week and had three separate one-on-one interviews with management staff. They asked me standard interview questions off a sheet. A few days later in the mail, I got my rejection letter. Didn't have any retail experience which is why I think I got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why J. Crew?   1 Answer
    • When have you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer