J. Crew

Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.2

110 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

-Applied through university career link
-Walked in resume before I received a call back from university application
-Called 3 times within 2 weeks to show genuine interest in landing an interview
-Got an interview with the hiring manager
-Received a call within a week with a job offer

Interview Questions
  • What do you have to offer J.Crew (having no retail experience)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

I went in to the store and asked if they were hiring. They weren't at the time, but when I came back two weeks later with a filled out application they had openings. So I ended up having an interview with one of the managers on the spot and then was able to interview with the store manager a few minutes later. Very simple interview. I didn't wear any J. Crew apparel but I did wear clothing that looked like it could be sold there. Both interviews were casual and more conversational than question based, though they did ask questions they needed to know, while trying to get to know me personally.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

I went into factory location and asked the manager if I could fill out a job application. The application is very basic: education level, previous employment, background, etc. Then I was told that someone would get in touch with me the following week to set up an interview. That never happened. So i bugged the crap out them over a few days. The interview was very informal. I wore business casual attire (all J. Crew) and answered very typical interview questions. I was told to expect a call within the week informing me of their decision, but one never came. I called the manager again. He was very straight forward, but told me no decision has been made. He called the next day informing me that I had the job. I was very proactive during this process: I called the manager to set up the interview and then again to find out my status. I believe this helped me land the job. When I worked there, we had a lot of people come in and fill out applications, so I think it would be impossible to give them all interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew.

You have to pick up the application in store and may be asked some questions on the spot. After filling out the application I got a call back about a week later and set up an interview for the next day. Interviewed with manager and it was all very standard, relaxed, and casual. Dress preppy and have a good understanding of the brand.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work for J. Crew?"
      "What would you do if you saw someone stealing?"
        Answer Question

Declined because I was offer a better paying position somewhere else.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew in June 2014.

I applied to J.Crew by calling the stores directly at first. I was then told that i would have to come in and apply by getting paperwork in-store. Took me a good 30 minutes to complete the application. I was given a call about 2 weeks later to set up a interview. The interview was group based. Questions were very general pertaining to the work environment and how one would react in a situation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew in June 2014.

First thing, you have to go into the store and ask for an application. The Store Manager will give a quick interview you on the spot, but their question will most likely be " Why do you want to work at Jcrew?

About a week later, I received a call about coming in for an interview, and while I got that information, the manager interviewed me over the phone. I came into the store two days later and interviewed again with the store manager and the HR rep. a few days later, I got the call about them extending the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are customer service based, so you have to answer anything related to " going above and beyond for the customers"   Answer Question
    No-negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew in June 2014.

I applied through the store and filled out the paper application. After a week I received a call to have an interview in the store. The interview was with one of the store managers and it was very casual and informal. Some of the questions that were asked were: how would describe Jcrews style? what stores do you buy your clothes at? who would you say Jcrews competitors are? where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward and easy to answer.   Answer Question

My work load for school became to heavy.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J. Crew.

It was fine, I came in asked for a application, they gave me one and I filled it out. Then I turned it into the manager and chatted with her for a while. I got a call back a couple days later, for an interview the next day. The interview was fine, really nice managers. Was called again like 2-4 days later, for an on boarding. Although, I have a feeling they could have withdrawn the offer if they didn't like the second meeting.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions posed to me.   View Answer
    It was my first job in retail so I didn't think it was appropriate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew in May 2014.

It was a group interview, about 5 people. The store manager was very nice. No difficult question. But I'm not a native speaker. I think that's why I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrentham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrentham, MA

A friend that was working at the outlets brought me to help the store with their floorset, and I was hired on the spot. Once you get hired at one store (regardless if it is the outlet or even Madewell) you can transfer to any other store you want.