J. Crew Sales Support Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Applied in person and was called for an Interview the next day. The interview consisted of basic questions like previous work experience, where I go to school, what I like to do in my free time etc. The most important question is what stores I liked to shop at. This is a key factor into getting the job. If you shop at stores that are more "J.Crew like" that will help you get the job. Shopping at places like hot topic and spencer won't help. Luckily for me I shopped at places fairly J.Crew like. I was offered the job on the spot as well which was amazing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I went to the store and applied. I had a minute conversation with the manager. I wasn't really interested in a sales position, which seemed to be what they were currently hiring. Months later, I received a phone call & was asked to come in for an interview. The then manager asked me about my previous experience, what I made at my other retail job, where do I shop, and then what I would do if I saw a customer who seemed upset. After my response he made me an offer higher than my current job, and asked if I would prefer sales or sales support.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer who seemed upset?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you need to negotiate or finalize anything, act fast and be persistent! The managers are too busy to remember you or to call you back. You don't want to lose your opportunity because you waited too long!

Sales Support Associate Interview

Interview

Two interviews that consisted of my previous experiences in retail. It was basically a conversation instead of a Q&A. This makes it easier for both because it calms your nervousness and it helps them see what type of person you are. It was a lot of basic topics like " why J.crew?"

Interview Questions

• What's a bad habit you think you need to work most on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I managed to raise the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

I got an application, filled it out, and turned it back in the same day. They ask a few questions when you turn it back in but nothing hard. I got a call a couple days later to come in for an interview and after the interview I was told they wanted to hire me. Pretty easy and fast process. Be sure to call them if you don't hear back as they tend to get sidetracked from hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Describe how you would handle certain customers, and go over your previous jobs. What skills are important for a sales associate to have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, she offered a rate and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process for retail was very laid back. I walked into the store, asked to fill out an application, and had a short chat with the manager about why I was interested in working at J.Crew. They were very friendly and the conversation was casual. I was then contacted for a second interview a week or so later, and was asked basic questions about sales and customer service.

Interview Questions

• N/A - the interview questions were all very simple and straight-forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Had one interview. Both the hiring manager and the store director sat down with me. They asked standard interviewing questions, asked about all previous job experiences.

Interview Questions

• Would you bend the rules if it was in the best interest of the customer?   Answer Question