J. Crew

J. Crew Sales Support Associate Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at J. Crew.

I went to the store and applied. I had a minute conversation with the manager. I wasn't really interested in a sales position, which seemed to be what they were currently hiring. Months later, I received a phone call & was asked to come in for an interview. The then manager asked me about my previous experience, what I made at my other retail job, where do I shop, and then what I would do if I saw a customer who seemed upset. After my response he made me an offer higher than my current job, and asked if I would prefer sales or sales support.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you saw a customer who seemed upset?   Answer Question
If you need to negotiate or finalize anything, act fast and be persistent! The managers are too busy to remember you or to call you back. You don't want to lose your opportunity because you waited too long!

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Sales Support Associate Interview

Two interviews that consisted of my previous experiences in retail. It was basically a conversation instead of a Q&A. This makes it easier for both because it calms your nervousness and it helps them see what type of person you are. It was a lot of basic topics like " why J.crew?"

Interview Questions
    • What's a bad habit you think you need to work most on?   Answer Question
    I managed to raise the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew in August 2013.

I got an application, filled it out, and turned it back in the same day. They ask a few questions when you turn it back in but nothing hard. I got a call a couple days later to come in for an interview and after the interview I was told they wanted to hire me. Pretty easy and fast process. Be sure to call them if you don't hear back as they tend to get sidetracked from hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Describe how you would handle certain customers, and go over your previous jobs. What skills are important for a sales associate to have?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, she offered a rate and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew in April 2013.

The interview process for retail was very laid back. I walked into the store, asked to fill out an application, and had a short chat with the manager about why I was interested in working at J.Crew. They were very friendly and the conversation was casual. I was then contacted for a second interview a week or so later, and was asked basic questions about sales and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - the interview questions were all very simple and straight-forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Had one interview. Both the hiring manager and the store director sat down with me. They asked standard interviewing questions, asked about all previous job experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Would you bend the rules if it was in the best interest of the customer?   Answer Question