J. Crew Sales Support Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

went into store and asked if they were hiring. manager gave me an application and said they're always looking for applicants. turned application in same day. phoned the store a week later and told me they wanna proceed with an interview. was 1:1 with the asst. manager then if they proceed. you'll have a brief interview with the store manager. got hired a week later.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about urself, previous job experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I actually was interviewing for visuals, and was told I was hired for that, so I feel like there was a lack of professionalism and honesty when I started filling out my paperwork and "sales support part time" was written on it. The interview itself was really easy, just talk about how much you love their clothes and you have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I wasn't even told full details about my job (honestly) until later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Application is submitted in-store only. At submission of application a manger will ask basic questions such as availability, why J Crew, and work experience. Following, a manager will reach out for an interview. My interview for a small store was pretty quick and one-on-one, with the HR manager asking many questions such as why J Crew, basic selling strategy, etc. Nothing out of left field. Then the store manager also does an interview. Few personal questions are asked, but the managers are very attentive to responses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to request a schedule I liked and negotiated a possible raise in the future based on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick easy questions on why you want to work there. The types of questions they ask are about how you deal with customer service, how you handle different types of service situations and how flexible are your hours you are willing to be scheduled and work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Found about new store hiring via Craigslist. Was e-mailed by store manager and had an interview the next day. Was offered position at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Berkeley, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Walked into the store and talked to the person at the register. I filled out the application right there; he asked me why I chose J. Crew over the other stores around. After a few questions we parted ways. Looked at how I was dressed, haha. About two days afterwards I got a call from the hiring manager for an interview 3 days later on friday. The same week. We sat down somewhere outside and talked. Why J. Crew again. A Good/Bad customer service experience that I had. What about J. Crew that I like and what makes it stand out. I received a call monday asking for an interview with the store director the next friday. Again, we went somewhere we can sit down. Asked the same question and how I would handle a disappointed customer. Pretty straight forward. Went good, had some laughs. Said they would contact me somewhere between monday- wednesday. Got a call wednesday offering me the job. Really straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why and how does J. Crew stand out from stores such as Banana Republic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Call from the hiring manager and gave me the base pay of $9.00/hr. Would move up from there through experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was nice, simple and easy. I came out a review, so the questions were easier but still made me think. Hiring process was easy, though the training video a bit dull. We sat at a table in the mall, joked around a lot and had a general easy and good time with the manager. He hired me on the spot and came in a few days later to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult experience with a customer, explain how you handled it and if applicable what you could have done better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure your job description is clear, if possible in writing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

I called over the course of one month before college went back in session to schedule an interview. I asked for the Store Director and manager every time I called to set up an interview. I met with one store manager and the Store Director. The interview was very easy and I wrote a follow-up thank you note to secure the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in a group of 2 candidates. The interview itself was very short and quick, about 20 minutes. First interview was led by the hiring manager and she was very nice and friendly. We were interviewed outside the store. She asked us basic questions about previous experience, how we define customer service, describe a time where we received great customer service. She also asked us about our fashion style, inspirations, and if we follow fashion blogs, and to name a few. Second interview with the store manager was pretty much the same.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew in October 2011.

Interview

I hit it right on time when they were hiring, but its not always easy to get a job at J.Crew. Tip : dress the part, do you research, express how much you love the brand !

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will do better at J.Crew than past jobs.   Answer Question