J. Crew Sales Support Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

Application is submitted in-store only. At submission of application a manger will ask basic questions such as availability, why J Crew, and work experience. Following, a manager will reach out for an interview. My interview for a small store was pretty quick and one-on-one, with the HR manager asking many questions such as why J Crew, basic selling strategy, etc. Nothing out of left field. Then the store manager also does an interview. Few personal questions are asked, but the managers are very attentive to responses.

Interview Questions
I was able to request a schedule I liked and negotiated a possible raise in the future based on performance.

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew in March 2013.

Found about new store hiring via Craigslist. Was e-mailed by store manager and had an interview the next day. Was offered position at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J. Crew in October 2012.

Walked into the store and talked to the person at the register. I filled out the application right there; he asked me why I chose J. Crew over the other stores around. After a few questions we parted ways. Looked at how I was dressed, haha. About two days afterwards I got a call from the hiring manager for an interview 3 days later on friday. The same week. We sat down somewhere outside and talked. Why J. Crew again. A Good/Bad customer service experience that I had. What about J. Crew that I like and what makes it stand out. I received a call monday asking for an interview with the store director the next friday. Again, we went somewhere we can sit down. Asked the same question and how I would handle a disappointed customer. Pretty straight forward. Went good, had some laughs. Said they would contact me somewhere between monday- wednesday. Got a call wednesday offering me the job. Really straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Why and how does J. Crew stand out from stores such as Banana Republic?   View Answer
    Call from the hiring manager and gave me the base pay of $9.00/hr. Would move up from there through experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew in September 2012.

Interview was nice, simple and easy. I came out a review, so the questions were easier but still made me think. Hiring process was easy, though the training video a bit dull. We sat at a table in the mall, joked around a lot and had a general easy and good time with the manager. He hired me on the spot and came in a few days later to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult experience with a customer, explain how you handled it and if applicable what you could have done better.   View Answer
    Make sure your job description is clear, if possible in writing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew in August 2012.

I called over the course of one month before college went back in session to schedule an interview. I asked for the Store Director and manager every time I called to set up an interview. I met with one store manager and the Store Director. The interview was very easy and I wrote a follow-up thank you note to secure the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew in November 2011.

Interviewed in a group of 2 candidates. The interview itself was very short and quick, about 20 minutes. First interview was led by the hiring manager and she was very nice and friendly. We were interviewed outside the store. She asked us basic questions about previous experience, how we define customer service, describe a time where we received great customer service. She also asked us about our fashion style, inspirations, and if we follow fashion blogs, and to name a few. Second interview with the store manager was pretty much the same.

Sales Support Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew in October 2011.

I hit it right on time when they were hiring, but its not always easy to get a job at J.Crew.
    Tip : dress the part, do you research, express how much you love the brand !

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you will do better at J.Crew than past jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. Crew in November 2010.

I saw an ad calling for seasonal sales associates at JCrew in New York City. I went to an open call in their Columbus Circle location, bringing my resume with me. I was told to fill out an application in the upstairs waiting area (also known as the shoe section) and waited to meet with the busy store manager. She asked me a few simple questions and scheduled me to meet with the HR manager 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you can and want to work at J.Crew?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew in October 2010.

My interview was unusual since the head of store at that time was my old head of store at previous big store experience. I was her right hand man in management team. She called me and said she had a position that I would be perfect for. That was it.

wasn't one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew in August 2010.

Interviewed for a sales support position. Appearing in the "J.Crew aesthetic" and being outgoing, bubbly, and truly passionate about the brand is really what they seemed to be looking for.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate up a couple dollars from the original offer. The amount still isn't much. I would try to negotiate up no matter what. Most positions are offered with a little room to move around in.