J.D. Power Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI).

Interview

Basic work experience questions. Also asked situational questions to gauge how I would preform daily tasks on the job. Interviewed with two separate individuals back-to-back from the specific team that I would eventually join. Then completed a test that they used to gauge my data analysis and report writing skills. Entire interview process was only one day and took just over 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple tasks that have varying priorities?   Answer Question

Senior Data Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, phone interview with manager, invite to fly out to HQ (they paid) and met with several people. I also had 2 phone interviews with people before I flew out.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were personal type questions - "tell me about your background," and about how I would handle different scenarios.   Answer Question

Senior Research Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power.

Interview

I was originally a contract worker and transitioned in as a full time employee. I did not have any formal interview process.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA).

Interview

Got a phone call scheduling the interview then met with 2 groups of people. They were all managers from the group I applied to. They asked about my work experience and what I knew about cars. They told me what the job entails and what I would be doing day to day. Then I took a test that tested basic grammar, math, and statistic knowledge. They said day to day tasks is entering data on excel spreadsheets or verifying numbers match up from their consumer surveys. Sounds really monotonous and boring.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of consumer reports and reviews   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter call, followed by hiring manager call. Hiring manager will make sure you have the skills they are looking for....Next step would be in person interview. Make sure to find out about the work place, as they make people sit in open areas with no privacy & storage space.

Negotiation

No negotiation, very adament

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Recieved a phone call from hr to set up interview, told there would be an interview and a basic skills test. On interview day I arrived to find it was actually 3 different interviews each with two different hiring managers/ directors. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly. I was given a chance to discuss past experiences and skills without being interrogated. After the interview I was given a basic skills test which consisted of simple math and proof reading exercises. The entire process took about three hours. After this process it took nearly a month to hear from hr and receive an offer.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was easy, although you are tested on your administrative ability no matter how much experience you have. Everyone seemed super friendly and happy to be there. I got to meet several associates and enjoyed the process.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

Calm interviewing process - you do not feel like you're being interrogated,,,, you feel more like you are just having a discussion about what your work history and experience is. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a professional environment - it's just less emphasis on talking about all the "fluff".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They aren't always able to match vacation days "on paper" but often times you can work out an agreement with the hiring manager.

Research Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Current employee referred me to the recruiter for the position I interviewed for. Recruiter called to schedule the interview with the research manager and director. Went into interview first with recruiter then the hiring manager, did not end up meeting with the director. Interview seemed to go very well, they were impressed by my background but I heard early the following day that they went with an internal candidate who had already formed a relationship with the client team. I was told the starting salary for this position was about $54k/year.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a number of project teams, as well as extensively by the project team that I was going to be working with. Overall it seemed as though they were trying to get more of an idea of my personality than trying to see what skills I brought to the table. The people were all very friendly and laid back, but didn't seem enthusiastic about the company.

Interview Questions

• What quantitative research methods have you used in the past?   Answer Question