J.D. Power

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Research Supervisor Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power.

Interview Details – I was originally a contract worker and transitioned in as a full time employee. I did not have any formal interview process.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Westlake Village, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power.

Interview Details – Got a phone call scheduling the interview then met with 2 groups of people. They were all managers from the group I applied to. They asked about my work experience and what I knew about cars. They told me what the job entails and what I would be doing day to day. Then I took a test that tested basic grammar, math, and statistic knowledge. They said day to day tasks is entering data on excel spreadsheets or verifying numbers match up from their consumer surveys. Sounds really monotonous and boring.

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of consumer reports and reviews   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in June 2008.

Interview Details – The process consisted of two interviews, one phone interview and one on site interview. The interviews included standard questions, tell me about yourself, what are your quantitative skills, etc. The job was client facing, so there was a lot of emphasis on communication skills, more specifically explaining technical material to non-technical clients.

Interview Question – A client is questioning model output, how would you convince him that the results are accurate?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Troy, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in June 2011.

Interview Details – Recieved a phone call from hr to set up interview, told there would be an interview and a basic skills test. On interview day I arrived to find it was actually 3 different interviews each with two different hiring managers/ directors. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly. I was given a chance to discuss past experiences and skills without being interrogated.

After the interview I was given a basic skills test which consisted of simple math and proof reading exercises.

The entire process took about three hours. After this process it took nearly a month to hear from hr and receive an offer.

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a number of project teams, as well as extensively by the project team that I was going to be working with. Overall it seemed as though they were trying to get more of an idea of my personality than trying to see what skills I brought to the table. The people were all very friendly and laid back, but didn't seem enthusiastic about the company.

Interview Question – What quantitative research methods have you used in the past?   Answer Question

Research Supervisor Interview

Research Supervisor
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in April 2010.

Interview Details – Current employee referred me to the recruiter for the position I interviewed for. Recruiter called to schedule the interview with the research manager and director. Went into interview first with recruiter then the hiring manager, did not end up meeting with the director. Interview seemed to go very well, they were impressed by my background but I heard early the following day that they went with an internal candidate who had already formed a relationship with the client team. I was told the starting salary for this position was about $54k/year.

Interview Question – Are you concerned at all about the commute?   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.D. Power in July 2010.

Interview Details – Calm interviewing process - you do not feel like you're being interrogated,,,, you feel more like you are just having a discussion about what your work history and experience is. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a professional environment - it's just less emphasis on talking about all the "fluff".

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They aren't always able to match vacation days "on paper" but often times you can work out an agreement with the hiring manager.

Research Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.D. Power in November 2011.

Interview Details – easy conversation and basic skills exam. The interview process was fair and not that difficult. I would recommend looking over the website and understanding the different research practices that this company uses.

Interview Question – What would you say your weak points are?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.D. Power in May 2011.

Interview Details – This interview process was exhausting. I had one-on-one interviews with 7 different people (each one was at least 45 minutes in length, most were an hour), and two of them included out-of-office lunches held on separate days. All this, PLUS the initial HR phone interview/screening. PLUS, an initial phone interview with my potential manager. PLUS, a skills test that was labeled "Homework Assignment" that took at least a half day to complete. The culture at the Woodland Hills Office is very corporate, perhaps even more so than I was expecting.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.D. Power in June 2008.

Interview Details – Three interviews before hired

Interview Question – We don't feel you are right for this job, why do you think you might be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some give, but not much

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for J.D. Power? Contribute to the Community!

J.D. Power Videos

J.D. Power – Why Work for Us?

J.D. Power and Associates, a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is a global marketing information services company operating in key business sectors across a variety of industries, providing customer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.D. Power interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.D. Power employees and interview candidates.