J.D. Power Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

interviewed at J.D. Power in February 2013.

Recruiter call, followed by hiring manager call. Hiring manager will make sure you have the skills they are looking for....Next step would be in person interview.

Make sure to find out about the work place, as they make people sit in open areas with no privacy & storage space.

No negotiation, very adament

Senior Data Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.D. Power in April 2014.

Recruiter contacted me, phone interview with manager, invite to fly out to HQ (they paid) and met with several people. I also had 2 phone interviews with people before I flew out.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were personal type questions - "tell me about your background," and about how I would handle different scenarios.   Answer Question

Senior Research Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power.

I was originally a contract worker and transitioned in as a full time employee. I did not have any formal interview process.

There was no negotiation

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power.

Got a phone call scheduling the interview then met with 2 groups of people. They were all managers from the group I applied to. They asked about my work experience and what I knew about cars. They told me what the job entails and what I would be doing day to day. Then I took a test that tested basic grammar, math, and statistic knowledge. They said day to day tasks is entering data on excel spreadsheets or verifying numbers match up from their consumer surveys. Sounds really monotonous and boring.

Interview Questions
    • What is your knowledge of consumer reports and reviews   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in June 2008.

The process consisted of two interviews, one phone interview and one on site interview. The interviews included standard questions, tell me about yourself, what are your quantitative skills, etc. The job was client facing, so there was a lot of emphasis on communication skills, more specifically explaining technical material to non-technical clients.

Interview Questions
    • A client is questioning model output, how would you convince him that the results are accurate?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in June 2011.

Recieved a phone call from hr to set up interview, told there would be an interview and a basic skills test. On interview day I arrived to find it was actually 3 different interviews each with two different hiring managers/ directors. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly. I was given a chance to discuss past experiences and skills without being interrogated.

After the interview I was given a basic skills test which consisted of simple math and proof reading exercises.

The entire process took about three hours. After this process it took nearly a month to hear from hr and receive an offer.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in January 2010.

I was interviewed by a number of project teams, as well as extensively by the project team that I was going to be working with. Overall it seemed as though they were trying to get more of an idea of my personality than trying to see what skills I brought to the table. The people were all very friendly and laid back, but didn't seem enthusiastic about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What quantitative research methods have you used in the past?   Answer Question

Research Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in April 2010.

Current employee referred me to the recruiter for the position I interviewed for. Recruiter called to schedule the interview with the research manager and director. Went into interview first with recruiter then the hiring manager, did not end up meeting with the director. Interview seemed to go very well, they were impressed by my background but I heard early the following day that they went with an internal candidate who had already formed a relationship with the client team. I was told the starting salary for this position was about $54k/year.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.D. Power in July 2010.

Calm interviewing process - you do not feel like you're being interrogated,,,, you feel more like you are just having a discussion about what your work history and experience is. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a professional environment - it's just less emphasis on talking about all the "fluff".

Interview Questions
    They aren't always able to match vacation days "on paper" but often times you can work out an agreement with the hiring manager.

Research Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.D. Power in November 2011.

easy conversation and basic skills exam. The interview process was fair and not that difficult. I would recommend looking over the website and understanding the different research practices that this company uses.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.D. Power? Contribute to the Community!