J.D. Power Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated May 29, 2015

2.8

Senior Data Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, phone interview with manager, invite to fly out to HQ (they paid) and met with several people. I also had 2 phone interviews with people before I flew out.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were personal type questions - "tell me about your background," and about how I would handle different scenarios.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA).

Interview

Got a phone call scheduling the interview then met with 2 groups of people. They were all managers from the group I applied to. They asked about my work experience and what I knew about cars. They told me what the job entails and what I would be doing day to day. Then I took a test that tested basic grammar, math, and statistic knowledge. They said day to day tasks is entering data on excel spreadsheets or verifying numbers match up from their consumer surveys. Sounds really monotonous and boring.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of consumer reports and reviews   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter call, followed by hiring manager call. Hiring manager will make sure you have the skills they are looking for....Next step would be in person interview. Make sure to find out about the work place, as they make people sit in open areas with no privacy & storage space.

Negotiation

No negotiation, very adament

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was easy, although you are tested on your administrative ability no matter how much experience you have. Everyone seemed super friendly and happy to be there. I got to meet several associates and enjoyed the process.

Research Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Current employee referred me to the recruiter for the position I interviewed for. Recruiter called to schedule the interview with the research manager and director. Went into interview first with recruiter then the hiring manager, did not end up meeting with the director. Interview seemed to go very well, they were impressed by my background but I heard early the following day that they went with an internal candidate who had already formed a relationship with the client team. I was told the starting salary for this position was about $54k/year.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a number of project teams, as well as extensively by the project team that I was going to be working with. Overall it seemed as though they were trying to get more of an idea of my personality than trying to see what skills I brought to the table. The people were all very friendly and laid back, but didn't seem enthusiastic about the company.

Interview Questions

• What quantitative research methods have you used in the past?   Answer Question