J.D. Power

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Data Processing Engineer Interview

Senior Data Processing Engineer
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.D. Power in April 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me, phone interview with manager, invite to fly out to HQ (they paid) and met with several people. I also had 2 phone interviews with people before I flew out.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were personal type questions - "tell me about your background," and about how I would handle different scenarios.   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a number of project teams, as well as extensively by the project team that I was going to be working with. Overall it seemed as though they were trying to get more of an idea of my personality than trying to see what skills I brought to the table. The people were all very friendly and laid back, but didn't seem enthusiastic about the company.

Interview Question – What quantitative research methods have you used in the past?   Answer Question

Research Supervisor Interview

Research Supervisor
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.D. Power in April 2010.

Interview Details – Current employee referred me to the recruiter for the position I interviewed for. Recruiter called to schedule the interview with the research manager and director. Went into interview first with recruiter then the hiring manager, did not end up meeting with the director. Interview seemed to go very well, they were impressed by my background but I heard early the following day that they went with an internal candidate who had already formed a relationship with the client team. I was told the starting salary for this position was about $54k/year.

Interview Question – Are you concerned at all about the commute?   Answer Question

Worked for J.D. Power? Contribute to the Community!