J.H. Cohn Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2014
Updated Jun 2, 2014

2.4

Bookkeeper Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.H. Cohn.

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview, one on one interviews with human resources followed by interviews with key employees from department hiring. During that time I was asked many questions regarding GAAP and bookkeeping general procedures. Some of the questions were situational, but everything was job related. No trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • Telephone interview questions were intense and I was unprepared for them during the initial call. Intense questions regarding GAAP and related bookkeeping procedures.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in April 2009.

The process was very informal and focused primarily on my credentials. The entire interview process occurred on the phone only. I was offered the job but could not accept. In fact, the hiring manager tried to retructure the offer four times to make it work for me. At the time, I would have liked to work for the company, the only challenge for me was my personal situation needing childcare which made it difficult and not cost-effective for me to commute into NYC.

Interview Questions
    • Really none. The interview was primaily conversational and included discussions that were totally expected.   Answer Question

See comments above

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in April 2009.

Each business unit does its own hiring

Entry Level Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in October 2012.

Basic behavior questions, like how to mult-tasking, share a story about your teamwork

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.H. Cohn.

I had an on-site interview with them at my campus. Very laid back and easy interview. Asked very behavioral questions. Make sure you know your resume inside and out.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in February 2012.

HR saw my resume online and asked me to come in and meet the senior manager.

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in October 2010.

The whole recruiting process was fantastic. From firm tours, to first and second rounds, the firm did an exceptional job at providing a great atmosphere for candidates. The first round consisted of an on-campus interview, and the second round consisted of a rotational interview schedule to interview with more than one person.

Staff Accountant Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in October 2010.

First round was mostly behavioral, second round was at their offices it was also behavioral but you got to meet a partner and a manager in the field of Audit

Interview Questions
    • they go through your resume and give you a brief tour around the office, none of the questions were extremely challeging   Answer Question

I accepted another offer in tax, which is what I wanted to do

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in June 2009.

Intense, but I really did enjoy the fact that the managers were very friendly and appeared interested as opposed to unfriendly and scary. I waited and waited until I finally received that last interview. It was an amazing experiece that I will cherish for a very long time.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.H. Cohn? Contribute to the Community!