J.H. Cohn

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in April 2009.

Interview Details – The process was very informal and focused primarily on my credentials. The entire interview process occurred on the phone only. I was offered the job but could not accept. In fact, the hiring manager tried to retructure the offer four times to make it work for me. At the time, I would have liked to work for the company, the only challenge for me was my personal situation needing childcare which made it difficult and not cost-effective for me to commute into NYC.

Interview Question – Really none. The interview was primaily conversational and included discussions that were totally expected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – See comments above

Very Easy Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Roseland, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in April 2009.

Interview Details – Each business unit does its own hiring

Interview Question – What is your interpretation of good client service?   Answer Question

Entry Level Accounting Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in October 2012.

Interview Details – Basic behavior questions, like how to mult-tasking, share a story about your teamwork

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.H. Cohn.

Interview Details – I had an on-site interview with them at my campus. Very laid back and easy interview. Asked very behavioral questions. Make sure you know your resume inside and out.

Interview Question – Why JH Cohn?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in February 2012.

Interview Details – HR saw my resume online and asked me to come in and meet the senior manager.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in October 2010.

Interview Details – The whole recruiting process was fantastic. From firm tours, to first and second rounds, the firm did an exceptional job at providing a great atmosphere for candidates. The first round consisted of an on-campus interview, and the second round consisted of a rotational interview schedule to interview with more than one person.

Interview Questions

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in October 2010.

Interview Details – First round was mostly behavioral, second round was at their offices it was also behavioral but you got to meet a partner and a manager in the field of Audit

Interview Question – they go through your resume and give you a brief tour around the office, none of the questions were extremely challeging   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another offer in tax, which is what I wanted to do

Accountant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.H. Cohn in June 2009.

Interview Details – Intense, but I really did enjoy the fact that the managers were very friendly and appeared interested as opposed to unfriendly and scary. I waited and waited until I finally received that last interview. It was an amazing experiece that I will cherish for a very long time.

Interview Question – Tell us about your work experience?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for J.H. Cohn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.H. Cohn interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.H. Cohn employees and interview candidates.