J H Darbie &Co Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014

3.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J H Darbie &Co in July 2014.

I was first contacted regarding my internship application by phone. The recruiter asked me questions about my interest in the internship, what I saw myself doing, etc... I was invited to come in for an interview. The day of the interview, I was given an exam with an assortment of questions; the first part covered the basics of finance and the second part was more of a brain teaser. The interview was a group interview, and we were told what the internship would consist of and what to expect.

Interview Questions
  • Sell me an invisible pen. Tell me what you know about what's going on in the economy today.   Answer Question
Because the internship is unpaid, this did not apply.

Other Interview Reviews for J H Darbie &Co

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J H Darbie &Co.

Very unethical and unprofessional interview process. Workers there posses a low level of intellect. Walked in, and they gave me a written exam for 30 minutes then interviewed me after that. Arthur is a guy who thinks he knows how to run a show. I was laughing inside myself during the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Written Test: (30 min)
      4 pages long
      About 10 MC questions about calculating market cap given number of outstanding stock etc., t bonds, tax liability, real vs nominal interest, Dow theory

Extended response:
      -Square root of 2000?
      -Math problem about speed and distance
      -How many guesses to find a number from 1-1000 if your are told "higher or lower" each time you guess
      -How far is Russia from US?
      -How to cut cake into 8 pieces from three slices
      -Tell me about what happened in US in last 10 years
      -Tell me about your life from Kindergarten onwards
      -Would you accept NO from 7 out of 10 customers?
      -Whats your dream job and where?

In person interview:
      Why should we hire you?, What are your interests? Tell me one thing from the Wall Street Journal that effects the stock market? Pitch me a stock? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
        Answer Question

This job is for people who have high work ethic, low level intellect and can be easily manipulated by higher management. They look for just that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J H Darbie &Co in March 2013.

They ask questions to see if you know anything about the financial world. They try and figure out if you are a hard worker because the last thing they want to do is waste their time on someone who isn't willing to give it everything they have.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you specifically for the internship program?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Show up and be prepared to learn and work.

Intern Interview

The man was so rude and keep asking terms on the wall street.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at J H Darbie &Co in June 2012.

Group interview with 15-20 people at a time. You must dress to impress. If you come in late or dressed inappropriately, they will send you home. You will be given a test at your interview which tests your comprehension skills. Interview was really stressful so try to stay calm.

Interview Questions

Worked for J H Darbie &Co? Contribute to the Community!