J. Jill Group

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J. Jill Group.

It was quick and easy. They saw my resume, were impressed, literally met me, loved me and just asked me for my asking price. They hired me with what i asked for a few days later.

Part Time Sales Interview

hiring and interview process went very smoothly. i heard from management promptly and was offered a position promptly. i felt that my questions were answered and that my interviewer shared with me what my position would entail and what company expectations were. i was excited to join the team and begin my taining

Interview Questions
    • are you comfortable in meeting jjill credit card weekly quota?   Answer Question

Email Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. Jill Group in September 2014.

One phone interview, followed by an in person interview. I was first contacted by an recruiter from linkedin. We emailed a bit and then had a very lengthy phone interview. Afterwards it was supposed to be followed up by an in person interview. I did not get the position so I did not have the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Identifying what J.Jill's KPI should be for their email campaigns   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgeland, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgeland, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J. Jill Group.

A professional JJill recruiter made the first recruiting approach to phone interviewing and to set up first personal interview. The second interview was a phone interview with the District Manager and a personal interview was set up to finish the process in Ridgeland, Mississippi. The Regional Director was the final and the fourth interview by phone from San Francisco, California. The final approach and the offer of employment was made by the District Manager by phone. The excitement ended excepting the employment offer and the opening for the JJill company first store for the State of Mississippi.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was not difficult. The only unexpected questions were the comparisons of customer service of my extensive resume'.   View Answer

P/T Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook Mall Branch, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook Mall Branch, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Jill Group.

Hired as seasonal help. No interview was given, but a check with former employers.

N/A

Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. Jill Group.

The interview process is very simple.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Jill Group.

I called the store to see if they were hiring at the moment and the manager answered the phone and said yes. she also asked me to come in the next day to fill out and application and to interview. i forgot to mention that she interviewed me over the phone by asking a little about my retail history when i initially called the store. i went the next day, and after filling out an application we sat to chat and she asked 1. tell me a little about yourself 2. whats your job history 3. why i wanted to work at j.jill 4. if i had any strengths to open credit cards and 5. she asked about my responsibilities at my old job and lastly if i had any questions for her etc. it was a pretty easy chilled interview.

we were able to negotiate my pay. i should have negotiated better because i have a lot of retail experience.

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. Jill Group.

Terrible. Desperate & egotistical. They aggressively recruited me, but the minute they figured out I was unwilling to put them before my family, they retracted their offer to bring me in for a third round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Rather than give specific examples of interview questions, I thought it would more beneficial for people to understand my overall experience. I applied for a marketing role while I was traveling. I didn't think this would be a problem as it usually it takes a while to get an in person interview based on time it takes for a company to sort through resumes, initially screen you via phone, etc.

I heard from the recruiter the day after I applied. I had a phone interview scheduled for the following day. During a 45 minute phone interview, the recruiter fired "20 questions" like a drill sergeant and would not let me finish any of my answers. She interrupted me constantly throughout the interview. At the end of the interview, she asked me to come in later that week to meet with the hiring manager. I politely told her I was out of town and could not meet in person for two weeks. She expressed concern that two weeks was two long and suggested a Skype interview. I agreed to the Skype interview, but it was reschedule several times, and finally reschedule as an in person interview for when I was back in town.

During my in person interview with her and the hiring manager, I mentioned I was leaving town again for a family wedding and would not be available for a follow up interview until a week later. They were OK with the timing, but the next day I got a phone call and email (while I was flying) from the recruiter asking to do a Skype interview while I was out of town. At this point, I did not have a computer, nor any of my materials I like to have with me during an interview. Why would I bring that to a family wedding? I politely responded saying I would be available next week. No response.

The very next day I saw the recruiter re-post the role on Linkedin. I new immediately J Jill did not like that I wasn't willing to put them before my family. I emailed them when I was back in town to see if they still wanted me to come in for a third round of interviews and they said no b/c they found more qualified candidates. Huh? You wanted me, and then all of the sudden you have more qualified candidates? Fast forward another month and the role is still posted on their site, plus, it was reposted (for a third time) on Linkedin.

My point of sharing this experience is to let people know their egos are too big for their own good. If that is how they treated me as a candidate, can you imagine how they would have treated me as an employee? Also, how short sided are they to not wait a week for me? I would already be working by now if they waited a week for me (assuming they offered me the job). But instead, they had to repost the role two month later and are still trying to fill the role two months later.

Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. Jill Group in July 2013.

HR or Recruiting person was extremely short with me and spoke over me several times during the phone interview. I had seen some poor reviews here and I sent an email requesting explanation of them from the companies point of view. She would never let me speak through the whole interview. Then hung up on me. Not very profession behavior at all. The salary she quoted was EXTREMELY low for someone with a high level of experience as myself. They want something for nothing.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot believe the recruiter asked me the most basic questions of where and what I did in my past. She had my resume right in front of her. So did I. LoL   View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J. Jill Group.

streamlined: recruiter, RD, recruiter hired.

streamlined. company was firm and not open to negotiation