J. Jill Group

Very Difficult Interview

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Accounts Payable Specialist
Quincy, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J. Jill Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – HR or Recruiting person was extremely short with me and spoke over me several times during the phone interview. I had seen some poor reviews here and I sent an email requesting explanation of them from the companies point of view. She would never let me speak through the whole interview. Then hung up on me. Not very profession behavior at all. The salary she quoted was EXTREMELY low for someone with a high level of experience as myself. They want something for nothing.

Interview Question – I cannot believe the recruiter asked me the most basic questions of where and what I did in my past. She had my resume right in front of her. So did I. LoL   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Client Applications Developer Interview

Client Applications Developer
Quincy, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. Jill Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of an hr interview, a technical phone interview, which consisted of OOD questions, followed by two in-person interviews with the development manager, a senior software engineer and the director of IT. It was an easy technical interview, if you know your core OOD principals, you'll be OK.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – It seems like a great company to work for, but their IT infrastructure is in the process of getting rebuilt. They don't currently have a formal development process, a project plan or even a QA department. They rely on other employees to get their QA done. The people seemed nice, but I rejected the offer because the offer was not what I was looking for and because they were in the process of creating a new infrastructure. It just seemed like it would be a very chaotic place to work in.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for J. Jill Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. Jill Group interview questions and advice in Quincy, MA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by J. Jill Group employees and interview candidates.