J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy process meeting around ten people in the team, from other analysts to MD. Each interview was different, with some being more technical than others. Overall, it had a good mix of technical (corporate finance, capital markets, and math/statistics/brain teasers, etc.) as well as behavioral questions. Overall process was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• From basic "Tell me about yourself" to brain teasers/capital markets related questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Arrive around 1:30 pm. start at 2:00 pm. There are three interviewees. We are lead to different rooms. Four people came and they takes turns to ask questions. It took about three hours. Finished around 5:00 pm.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

his interview was on my calendar. I showed up. JPM management must have had the interview on their calendar, as they were physically present.I would normally not have a phone on during an interview, but I most certainly would not answer it if I did. If I ‘unintentionally’ (?) answered a call or read a text message, I most certainly would apologize for the interruption. My phone was off. After a while of the manager’s divided attention, I was asked if there were any questions. I thought about suggesting that we talk some other time and chalk the time up as interview practice, but I asked the following question:

How engaged are you in the affairs of your department? The answer?

Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I received an initial call from HR. He asked some basic interview questions such as experience on my resume and why JP Morgan. A week later, I was brought to an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview lasted one and half hours.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

applied through school recruiting site, received interview invitation couple days after submitting resume, I had enough time to prepare for interview. I felt the recruiting process goes really fast (resume-interview invitation-interview)

Interview Questions

• interviewer asked me something very technical in regards to internal control   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewed in the Morning, got an offer that same day offer letter came 2 days later started 2 weeks later. pretty straight forward

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had three rounds with Senior Managers and asked me what I wanted to do and why I would like to join the company

Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied to a rotational program for recent college graduates. I received an initial call from HR and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview covered basic interview questions such as examples of being a team player, excel use, etc. Following the phone interview, I was brought to an inhouse interview where I met with a few managers and completed a team exercise.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Great interview, friendly manager and easy going.