J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.2

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied through school recruiting site, received interview invitation couple days after submitting resume, I had enough time to prepare for interview. I felt the recruiting process goes really fast (resume-interview invitation-interview)

Interview Questions
  • interviewer asked me something very technical in regards to internal control   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Interviewed in the Morning, got an offer that same day offer letter came 2 days later started 2 weeks later. pretty straight forward

Analyst Interview

Had three rounds with Senior Managers and asked me what I wanted to do and why I would like to join the company

Analyst Interview

Easy there was no questions

Analyst Interview

I applied to a rotational program for recent college graduates. I received an initial call from HR and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview covered basic interview questions such as examples of being a team player, excel use, etc. Following the phone interview, I was brought to an inhouse interview where I met with a few managers and completed a team exercise.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Great interview, friendly manager and easy going.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The interview dealt with business processes and critical thinking. I entered the company via an entry level analyst program. The interviewers were great and highly professional and discussed the various opportunities available with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Don't recall, it was a long time ago but I do recall it was quick - maybe an hour long?

none, it was take it or leave it ....and this was before the market tanked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

This process is a joke. The job ad went up on a Friday afternoon, and I applied on a Sunday night. So the ad had literally been up only 48 hours. I had precisely the experience they asked for. Every bullet point they had, I hit. Keep in mind, this particular role required some very obscure skills, which I had as well.

One day later "Sorry you were not chosen to interview". OK. So are you telling me that after 48 hours (on a weekend, no less) you somehow got all the applicants for the role that intended to apply, looked over all their resumes, got in touch with the hiring managers, and then made your choice, choosing from the best applicants? Right. I just don't see how that is possible, because it's not. How do you reject someone before other people have even applied? Who are you rejecting them against?

My guess, is that there is some not too bright person who is not able to grasp what the role really is all about, and how many people out there can actually do that job, and just pushes the "reject" button without knowing who or what they are rejecting. Or maybe some higher ups are not too bright either and don't want someone with more experience to make themselves look bad. Either way. Yuck.

Interview Questions
    • None, because I am not convinced they even read your resume   Answer Question