J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Had three rounds with Senior Managers and asked me what I wanted to do and why I would like to join the company

Interview Details – Easy there was no questions

Interview Question – Easy all questions are easy   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – I applied to a rotational program for recent college graduates. I received an initial call from HR and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview covered basic interview questions such as examples of being a team player, excel use, etc. Following the phone interview, I was brought to an inhouse interview where I met with a few managers and completed a team exercise.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Great interview, friendly manager and easy going.

Interview Question – Why did you choose this company?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – The interview dealt with business processes and critical thinking. I entered the company via an entry level analyst program. The interviewers were great and highly professional and discussed the various opportunities available with the company.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – I joined fresh out of college. I heard from the recruiter about once a week for about a month. Then did not her from her for the next few weeks. In the third month, she scheduled a phone interview. I had a second phone interview the following day. I then came to the office to meet with the hiring manager and was hired the following day. It took a while to get the ball rolling, but once it did, it rolled fast.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything especially tough about the questions. They were the standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I joined fresh out of college into a program, there was no room for negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Don't recall, it was a long time ago but I do recall it was quick - maybe an hour long?

Negotiation Details – none, it was take it or leave it ....and this was before the market tanked.

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – This process is a joke. The job ad went up on a Friday afternoon, and I applied on a Sunday night. So the ad had literally been up only 48 hours. I had precisely the experience they asked for. Every bullet point they had, I hit. Keep in mind, this particular role required some very obscure skills, which I had as well.

One day later "Sorry you were not chosen to interview". OK. So are you telling me that after 48 hours (on a weekend, no less) you somehow got all the applicants for the role that intended to apply, looked over all their resumes, got in touch with the hiring managers, and then made your choice, choosing from the best applicants? Right. I just don't see how that is possible, because it's not. How do you reject someone before other people have even applied? Who are you rejecting them against?

My guess, is that there is some not too bright person who is not able to grasp what the role really is all about, and how many people out there can actually do that job, and just pushes the "reject" button without knowing who or what they are rejecting. Or maybe some higher ups are not too bright either and don't want someone with more experience to make themselves look bad. Either way. Yuck.

Interview Question – None, because I am not convinced they even read your resume   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Interview began with initial interview with recruiter for the first round. Then second round was at headquarters in NYC. Most questions were standard background and fit questions, such as walking through background and work experience, why JPM, career goals, teamwork example, strength and weaknesses. After interview in NY, because I was up for position in SF, I had a third round of interviews in SF. SF interviews were also fit and background questions.

Interview Question – No real surprise questions, a few questions about current market and whats influencing the macro economic landscape.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – applied online, 2 rounds phone interview. 3rd interview was onsite

Interview Question – how would you build a portfolio for retired person?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Analyst interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.