J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014

3.2

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions
  • Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

This process is a joke. The job ad went up on a Friday afternoon, and I applied on a Sunday night. So the ad had literally been up only 48 hours. I had precisely the experience they asked for. Every bullet point they had, I hit. Keep in mind, this particular role required some very obscure skills, which I had as well.

One day later "Sorry you were not chosen to interview". OK. So are you telling me that after 48 hours (on a weekend, no less) you somehow got all the applicants for the role that intended to apply, looked over all their resumes, got in touch with the hiring managers, and then made your choice, choosing from the best applicants? Right. I just don't see how that is possible, because it's not. How do you reject someone before other people have even applied? Who are you rejecting them against?

My guess, is that there is some not too bright person who is not able to grasp what the role really is all about, and how many people out there can actually do that job, and just pushes the "reject" button without knowing who or what they are rejecting. Or maybe some higher ups are not too bright either and don't want someone with more experience to make themselves look bad. Either way. Yuck.

Interview Questions
    • None, because I am not convinced they even read your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview process is unbelievably long. Attended Quiz. Then I heard, it is going to be one interview and I will be done. Interview lasted for about exact 30 mins. Then they said, another interview, which supposed to last for 30mins, but took around55 mins. Back and forth, he asked questions. Then received an email saying they were impressed with 2 interviews. Got info that they want to do another 2 more interviews. I wanted the job. So, I said ok. I attended the 3rd interview. He was also drilling me like with lots of questions. He said, in another 30mins another person will be calling. He called and it was also the technical round. He was drilling me like anything. Told me to take a paper and pen and told me write down the commands. Whatever i answered, he argued for everything. Finally he got into my nerves, made me frustrated. Yelled at him finally saying a person with 10 years of real experience cannot even write this in a matter of 2 mins. Finally i did not get the job because of his feedback. You had to convince all the developers, i guess. I am a certified persons. Maybe they did not appreciate my certification. They would have thought that I am going to take up his job.

Interview Questions
    • Refer to above. They should not go by one person's feedback. That person might not appreciate me on the current job.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

met with the Head of the Desk, ED and VP and VP of another desk
    4h interview
    why sales, why you
    a lot of technical questions, went really in details, obviously if you choke on one question they will try to eff you up even more.

even though i didn't get the job, it helped a lot experience wise, i realised what i needed to work on and how they would actually conduct an interview of the kind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Very thorough, very friendly people, a bit quant

Accept it, amazing company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

It started off with a phone interview that consisted of going over my credentials in my resume. That was followed up with a 1:1 interview where more in depth questions were asked and they asked for my opinions. It is good to have follow up questions. And then in the last interview, I talked to a group of people about the team I would work with and it worked out well from there.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

interviewers asked questions that were hard to answer. didnot feel very well. but got 2nd interview.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

I first had an interview with the recruiter. I then had an in-person interview with my manager, J. Then I had two phone interviews with her manager (R) and that manager's manager (P) (would have been in-person, but travel was not in their budget). Finally I had an in-person interview with P. Once the job was offered I had 3 days to get my drug test and finger prints done.

Interview Questions
    • The question asked what my most difficult project in college was?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Just some general questions regarding my resume, my experience in resolving a conflict in either culture or communication area, why I choose this location, why I didn't do an internship in Finance area.

Interview Questions
    • Why I didn't do an internship in Finance area?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

started with why should I hire you, went through my resume, and then asked technical question like Java polymorphism, threading, deadlock and some database question like index, candidate key and normalization. I answered all the questions along with some examples, but it did get back to me after the interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!