J.P. Morgan

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with JP Morgan twice, about 3 years apart for different positions, and had the same experience each time. A company that treats you like a piece of dirt. There is a reason JP Morgan is facing billions in lawsuits and fines. No ethics no morals.

Interview Question – You say your last company is downsizing, how come that's not what they told me?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Filled to the brim with jerks.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – Rigorous interview process to meet across many teams. You first have to get a first screening. Then you go in to meet with the hiring manager. Then you meet with the senior level on the team. Then you meet with all the analysts.

Interview Question – What is the theory behind the capital assets pricing model   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Question – Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Question – I did not get any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting, Interviewed on campus and invited back for super day. The super day consisted of a fit interview, a technical interview and a case study. There was also a group project where you were observed by a group of managers. Received offer the same day

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. salary was set

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Interviewed in the Morning, got an offer that same day offer letter came 2 days later started 2 weeks later. pretty straight forward

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Had three rounds with Senior Managers and asked me what I wanted to do and why I would like to join the company

Interview Details – Easy there was no questions

Interview Question – Easy all questions are easy   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – I applied to a rotational program for recent college graduates. I received an initial call from HR and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview covered basic interview questions such as examples of being a team player, excel use, etc. Following the phone interview, I was brought to an inhouse interview where I met with a few managers and completed a team exercise.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Great interview, friendly manager and easy going.

Interview Question – Why did you choose this company?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!