J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring managers are mostly women who do not have proper educational and professional qualities to do their jobs. They either do not understan experience and skills of high-qualified candidates or prefer not to analize them. Profesional qualities and knowledge of candidates are not intersting for these managers. Most of them want to hire goog-looking men. These women-supresivors have become a big liability to the company. They are usually often trasferred around ars they are unqualified for positions they get. They create many labor-related problems for every employer in the US.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

There are 6 interviews two rounds in total. The first round consists 2 interviews about competency and some general technical questions. The second round is in Assessment Centre (Half day) consists of 4 interviews (technical written interview, group discussion, case based written interview and general competency questions). They booked train tickets for me and the second time they also booked a 5 star hotel for me. I am really satisfied with this company.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in five years? Why do you choose JP Morgan? .... Some case study, group discussion problems. Technical questions: give you some data, choose the most efficient data structure to store it. (The complete question description is very long, not very difficult but it takes some time. Just practice some data structure programs will be helpful.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Difficult questions, very analytical interview, multiple rounds beginning with phone interviews then met with four different people on the team across all levels of the team. Overall it was fair and not tricky, but was relatively difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a weakness of yours   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It's definitely rigorous and the people try to make you uncomfortable. Make sure you are up to date with all current events, especially those pertaining to finance and JPM. Make sure you are aware of the spot prices of various commodities and JPM stock.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy process meeting around ten people in the team, from other analysts to MD. Each interview was different, with some being more technical than others. Overall, it had a good mix of technical (corporate finance, capital markets, and math/statistics/brain teasers, etc.) as well as behavioral questions. Overall process was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• From basic "Tell me about yourself" to brain teasers/capital markets related questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First was the 1 hour presentation about the company. Then the started off with the interview process. First round was the aptitude round, followed by technical and lastly HR round. aptitude round was quite easy. But i have no idea for the rejection. They were very calm and composed. Finally only 7 candidates were selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• basically finance related questions.I heard even the accountancy specialization students were being asked finance based questions. so better get prepared for it.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Arrive around 1:30 pm. start at 2:00 pm. There are three interviewees. We are lead to different rooms. Four people came and they takes turns to ask questions. It took about three hours. Finished around 5:00 pm.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

2 rounds, telephone then face to face in the JP Morgan london office. Took 2 weeks for the phone interview then 2 weeks to hear back. I went for a face to face interview 2 weeks after that.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

his interview was on my calendar. I showed up. JPM management must have had the interview on their calendar, as they were physically present.I would normally not have a phone on during an interview, but I most certainly would not answer it if I did. If I ‘unintentionally’ (?) answered a call or read a text message, I most certainly would apologize for the interruption. My phone was off. After a while of the manager’s divided attention, I was asked if there were any questions. I thought about suggesting that we talk some other time and chalk the time up as interview practice, but I asked the following question: How engaged are you in the affairs of your department? The answer?

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online after recruiters at my university's information session encouraged me to apply. About a week or so after I applied, I received a phone call from an analyst who asked me basic behavioral questions and my interest in S&T. Shortly thereafter I received a follow up email from JPM telling me that I had been selected for a super day in NYC where I had four back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked how my major related to the position I was applying for and after I responded he then said he didn't believe my answer   Answer Question