J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014

3.2

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

I joined fresh out of college. I heard from the recruiter about once a week for about a month. Then did not her from her for the next few weeks. In the third month, she scheduled a phone interview. I had a second phone interview the following day. I then came to the office to meet with the hiring manager and was hired the following day. It took a while to get the ball rolling, but once it did, it rolled fast.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember anything especially tough about the questions. They were the standard interview questions   Answer Question
I joined fresh out of college into a program, there was no room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Don't recall, it was a long time ago but I do recall it was quick - maybe an hour long?

none, it was take it or leave it ....and this was before the market tanked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

This process is a joke. The job ad went up on a Friday afternoon, and I applied on a Sunday night. So the ad had literally been up only 48 hours. I had precisely the experience they asked for. Every bullet point they had, I hit. Keep in mind, this particular role required some very obscure skills, which I had as well.

One day later "Sorry you were not chosen to interview". OK. So are you telling me that after 48 hours (on a weekend, no less) you somehow got all the applicants for the role that intended to apply, looked over all their resumes, got in touch with the hiring managers, and then made your choice, choosing from the best applicants? Right. I just don't see how that is possible, because it's not. How do you reject someone before other people have even applied? Who are you rejecting them against?

My guess, is that there is some not too bright person who is not able to grasp what the role really is all about, and how many people out there can actually do that job, and just pushes the "reject" button without knowing who or what they are rejecting. Or maybe some higher ups are not too bright either and don't want someone with more experience to make themselves look bad. Either way. Yuck.

Interview Questions
    • None, because I am not convinced they even read your resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview began with initial interview with recruiter for the first round. Then second round was at headquarters in NYC. Most questions were standard background and fit questions, such as walking through background and work experience, why JPM, career goals, teamwork example, strength and weaknesses. After interview in NY, because I was up for position in SF, I had a third round of interviews in SF. SF interviews were also fit and background questions.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprise questions, a few questions about current market and whats influencing the macro economic landscape.   Answer Question

applied online, 2 rounds phone interview. 3rd interview was onsite

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

I attended a conference and got this interview. A statistician interviewed with me and asked a lot of questions. One question was like this, why those chase branches that had strong windows got robbed more. The interviewer also asked about how to deal with missing data and variable selections.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't give an instantaneous response to that robbery and window question.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had 2 one on one interviews. I the first one did not go as well as I expected to because the interviewer did not seem to be that interested in my skill set. I had a better experience with the second, she was easy to talk to and had a lot of questions about my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you need to work on?
      Tell me about you problem solver skills?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

As a test, I sent my application at 5PM on a bank holiday. Thus, they were closed. At 6PM I got an email saying I was rejected. But they "thoroughly reviewed my qualifications." Right. How is that possible when you were closed that day? Why do you post job that do not exist?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Very thorough, very friendly people, a bit quant

Accept it, amazing company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview process is unbelievably long. Attended Quiz. Then I heard, it is going to be one interview and I will be done. Interview lasted for about exact 30 mins. Then they said, another interview, which supposed to last for 30mins, but took around55 mins. Back and forth, he asked questions. Then received an email saying they were impressed with 2 interviews. Got info that they want to do another 2 more interviews. I wanted the job. So, I said ok. I attended the 3rd interview. He was also drilling me like with lots of questions. He said, in another 30mins another person will be calling. He called and it was also the technical round. He was drilling me like anything. Told me to take a paper and pen and told me write down the commands. Whatever i answered, he argued for everything. Finally he got into my nerves, made me frustrated. Yelled at him finally saying a person with 10 years of real experience cannot even write this in a matter of 2 mins. Finally i did not get the job because of his feedback. You had to convince all the developers, i guess. I am a certified persons. Maybe they did not appreciate my certification. They would have thought that I am going to take up his job.

Interview Questions
    • Refer to above. They should not go by one person's feedback. That person might not appreciate me on the current job.   Answer Question