J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The interview dealt with business processes and critical thinking. I entered the company via an entry level analyst program. The interviewers were great and highly professional and discussed the various opportunities available with the company.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Don't recall, it was a long time ago but I do recall it was quick - maybe an hour long?

none, it was take it or leave it ....and this was before the market tanked.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

I applied online after recruiters at my university's information session encouraged me to apply. About a week or so after I applied, I received a phone call from an analyst who asked me basic behavioral questions and my interest in S&T. Shortly thereafter I received a follow up email from JPM telling me that I had been selected for a super day in NYC where I had four back to back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked how my major related to the position I was applying for and after I responded he then said he didn't believe my answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

This process is a joke. The job ad went up on a Friday afternoon, and I applied on a Sunday night. So the ad had literally been up only 48 hours. I had precisely the experience they asked for. Every bullet point they had, I hit. Keep in mind, this particular role required some very obscure skills, which I had as well.

One day later "Sorry you were not chosen to interview". OK. So are you telling me that after 48 hours (on a weekend, no less) you somehow got all the applicants for the role that intended to apply, looked over all their resumes, got in touch with the hiring managers, and then made your choice, choosing from the best applicants? Right. I just don't see how that is possible, because it's not. How do you reject someone before other people have even applied? Who are you rejecting them against?

My guess, is that there is some not too bright person who is not able to grasp what the role really is all about, and how many people out there can actually do that job, and just pushes the "reject" button without knowing who or what they are rejecting. Or maybe some higher ups are not too bright either and don't want someone with more experience to make themselves look bad. Either way. Yuck.

Interview Questions
    • None, because I am not convinced they even read your resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview began with initial interview with recruiter for the first round. Then second round was at headquarters in NYC. Most questions were standard background and fit questions, such as walking through background and work experience, why JPM, career goals, teamwork example, strength and weaknesses. After interview in NY, because I was up for position in SF, I had a third round of interviews in SF. SF interviews were also fit and background questions.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprise questions, a few questions about current market and whats influencing the macro economic landscape.   Answer Question

applied online, 2 rounds phone interview. 3rd interview was onsite

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had 2 one on one interviews. I the first one did not go as well as I expected to because the interviewer did not seem to be that interested in my skill set. I had a better experience with the second, she was easy to talk to and had a lot of questions about my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you need to work on?
      Tell me about you problem solver skills?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

As a test, I sent my application at 5PM on a bank holiday. Thus, they were closed. At 6PM I got an email saying I was rejected. But they "thoroughly reviewed my qualifications." Right. How is that possible when you were closed that day? Why do you post job that do not exist?

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

I attended a conference and got this interview. A statistician interviewed with me and asked a lot of questions. One question was like this, why those chase branches that had strong windows got robbed more. The interviewer also asked about how to deal with missing data and variable selections.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't give an instantaneous response to that robbery and window question.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

It started off with a phone interview that consisted of going over my credentials in my resume. That was followed up with a 1:1 interview where more in depth questions were asked and they asked for my opinions. It is good to have follow up questions. And then in the last interview, I talked to a group of people about the team I would work with and it worked out well from there.