J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

It started off with a phone interview that consisted of going over my credentials in my resume. That was followed up with a 1:1 interview where more in depth questions were asked and they asked for my opinions. It is good to have follow up questions. And then in the last interview, I talked to a group of people about the team I would work with and it worked out well from there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with JP Morgan twice, about 3 years apart for different positions, and had the same experience each time. A company that treats you like a piece of dirt. There is a reason JP Morgan is facing billions in lawsuits and fines. No ethics no morals.

Interview Questions

• You say your last company is downsizing, how come that's not what they told me?   Answer Question

Filled to the brim with jerks.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process is unbelievably long. Attended Quiz. Then I heard, it is going to be one interview and I will be done. Interview lasted for about exact 30 mins. Then they said, another interview, which supposed to last for 30mins, but took around55 mins. Back and forth, he asked questions. Then received an email saying they were impressed with 2 interviews. Got info that they want to do another 2 more interviews. I wanted the job. So, I said ok. I attended the 3rd interview. He was also drilling me like with lots of questions. He said, in another 30mins another person will be calling. He called and it was also the technical round. He was drilling me like anything. Told me to take a paper and pen and told me write down the commands. Whatever i answered, he argued for everything. Finally he got into my nerves, made me frustrated. Yelled at him finally saying a person with 10 years of real experience cannot even write this in a matter of 2 mins. Finally i did not get the job because of his feedback. You had to convince all the developers, i guess. I am a certified persons. Maybe they did not appreciate my certification. They would have thought that I am going to take up his job.

Interview Questions

• Refer to above. They should not go by one person's feedback. That person might not appreciate me on the current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Very thorough, very friendly people, a bit quant

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accept it, amazing company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting, Interviewed on campus and invited back for super day. The super day consisted of a fit interview, a technical interview and a case study. There was also a group project where you were observed by a group of managers. Received offer the same day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. salary was set

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute phone interview, was called in for a second interview a few days later. The second interview took place over 6.5 hours and was conducted by a dozen employees 1-2 at a time. Very repetitive, a lot of discussion of my interest in the field and the company in particular. A couple questions designed to test my analytical abilities that were not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were morally challenged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview then 8 in person interviews then 2 more phone interviews. They were all general interviews with basic questions such as why finance, where do you see the market going etc.... The did want me to ask a lot of questions though which is the one thing I was not 100% prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think the market will go in a Bear or Bull direction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty quick turnaround.. Got a call to schedule an interview. Had a 1:1 with my manager and then was called right after for a phone interview with several of the VPs within the department that I would be working in. Basic questions. I think the team mostly looks for fit so there were a lot of behavioral questions with some mild touching on technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult questions.. what kind of working environment do you flourish in? Name a time when you had a conflict and how did you deal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in April 2010.

Interview

It was not as formal as I thought it should have been, most of the questions asked did not cover the job description as advertised on their website. I tried to talk about my current working experience, but it seem they were more concern with how I would handle employee flare ups, rather than how to subvert such flares from arising.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with employee insubordination to an assigned task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I joined fresh out of college. I heard from the recruiter about once a week for about a month. Then did not her from her for the next few weeks. In the third month, she scheduled a phone interview. I had a second phone interview the following day. I then came to the office to meet with the hiring manager and was hired the following day. It took a while to get the ball rolling, but once it did, it rolled fast.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything especially tough about the questions. They were the standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I joined fresh out of college into a program, there was no room for negotiation.