J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I attended a conference and got this interview. A statistician interviewed with me and asked a lot of questions. One question was like this, why those chase branches that had strong windows got robbed more. The interviewer also asked about how to deal with missing data and variable selections.

Interview Questions

• I didn't give an instantaneous response to that robbery and window question.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It's definitely rigorous and the people try to make you uncomfortable. Make sure you are up to date with all current events, especially those pertaining to finance and JPM. Make sure you are aware of the spot prices of various commodities and JPM stock.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

It started off with a phone interview that consisted of going over my credentials in my resume. That was followed up with a 1:1 interview where more in depth questions were asked and they asked for my opinions. It is good to have follow up questions. And then in the last interview, I talked to a group of people about the team I would work with and it worked out well from there.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with JP Morgan twice, about 3 years apart for different positions, and had the same experience each time. A company that treats you like a piece of dirt. There is a reason JP Morgan is facing billions in lawsuits and fines. No ethics no morals.

Interview Questions

• You say your last company is downsizing, how come that's not what they told me?   Answer Question

Filled to the brim with jerks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process is unbelievably long. Attended Quiz. Then I heard, it is going to be one interview and I will be done. Interview lasted for about exact 30 mins. Then they said, another interview, which supposed to last for 30mins, but took around55 mins. Back and forth, he asked questions. Then received an email saying they were impressed with 2 interviews. Got info that they want to do another 2 more interviews. I wanted the job. So, I said ok. I attended the 3rd interview. He was also drilling me like with lots of questions. He said, in another 30mins another person will be calling. He called and it was also the technical round. He was drilling me like anything. Told me to take a paper and pen and told me write down the commands. Whatever i answered, he argued for everything. Finally he got into my nerves, made me frustrated. Yelled at him finally saying a person with 10 years of real experience cannot even write this in a matter of 2 mins. Finally i did not get the job because of his feedback. You had to convince all the developers, i guess. I am a certified persons. Maybe they did not appreciate my certification. They would have thought that I am going to take up his job.

Interview Questions

• Refer to above. They should not go by one person's feedback. That person might not appreciate me on the current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Difficult questions, very analytical interview, multiple rounds beginning with phone interviews then met with four different people on the team across all levels of the team. Overall it was fair and not tricky, but was relatively difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a weakness of yours   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

On Campus Interview with HR where answered basic questions Fly out to NYC - Interview with 3 others from groups you might be working in Team Building exercise where you are rated on an exercise which asks you to find where people live, whats in front of their house, etc based on clues in cards given to each member of 6 member team

Interview Questions

• Generic questions such as: Name a time conquered obstacle   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Very thorough, very friendly people, a bit quant

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accept it, amazing company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting, Interviewed on campus and invited back for super day. The super day consisted of a fit interview, a technical interview and a case study. There was also a group project where you were observed by a group of managers. Received offer the same day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. salary was set

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute phone interview, was called in for a second interview a few days later. The second interview took place over 6.5 hours and was conducted by a dozen employees 1-2 at a time. Very repetitive, a lot of discussion of my interest in the field and the company in particular. A couple questions designed to test my analytical abilities that were not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were morally challenged.   Answer Question